Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Now I have a dove in my peach tree... It had built a nest last year and I just noticed it... it had scolded me last year for being near its tree... as soon as I walked past the tree it scooted along with its mate...

Is a dove in a peach tree the same jolly good as a partridge in a pear tree ???

Comment

http://youtu.be/570khFoaE4s

Cat and the ducklings (Animal Odd Couples) - youtube

I don't know if this URL will work or not, but if you search youtube you will find this video. Amazing story!

Comment

The message to the Baby Church Sunday night went very well...
        Also, We got our San Diego weather back!!! Nice cool onshore breeze -- 60's

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
          The message to the Baby Church Sunday night went very well...

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

It's a girl! Little Ricky will be getting a baby sister the end of September! Yet another blessing from above. Thank You Lord!

Comment

awww a girl, how exciting. Bet you can't wait to start shopping! 4 months to buy pink, pink, and more pink! How fun!!!

Comment

Thanks Denise, pink shopping has already begun.

Comment

Even though the lake bass wasnt that good,
                  The stars are still there!!! Just got back from an overnight fishing not roughing it trip to the Lake Quyamaca mountain lake in the Luguna mountians 70 miles East of San Diego... Not roughing it means a comfy sleeping log cabin with shower and restroom a 5 minute walk away... $75 a night.. I had a couple church friends join me...
                  No one caught anything but a early bird bass fisherman gave me his smallest bass about 3 pounds... after all he was just going to feed his bas to his dog and gold fish!!! Herisy Blasphemy !!!
                  Anyway, the bass was not great The trout they stock there are good however... The lake was about 4 feet lower than normal... Pray for El Nino rains this fall...
                  Yes, the Stars & Milky Way are still there !!! so was Jupiter!!! Being the dark of the moon, they were awesome!!!

Comment

El Niño on it's way? Don't know but we have been in the 80's this whole past week. Got the swimming pool installed today. Not much just big enough to do water exercise (to help with hubby's knees) or to play with the grandbaby in. Hoping for a warm summer here in the north and nice amounts of rain for our west coast family

Comment

$180 for a new car starter motor ??!! ########### I can remember and not long ago it was $35 !!!!
                      replacing it; with labor totaled $295 !!! AND also replacing a small oil pressure switch brought the bill up to $340 !!!

Good grief !!! Anyway, Thankyou Lord that you gave me the money to replace it However its so frustrating to see our money fly away so easily

Also Thankyou Lord that I was not stuck somewhere...

Comment

Good idea Lewis. Hello ever one I haven't posted since they closed down webtv.Im useing my my not to smart phone to right now also have a tablet.The forum's sure looks different without my webtv .The last days seem to be advancing rapidly with America going down he drain.Glad to be able to post this.

Comment

where is everyone? I thought lots of people would like to chat... Sigh...

Anyway, I put the fabric on my skin on frame dory today... accidentially used oil based instead of water based polyurethane ... so it will be a while before I know if it will work right... the Dory's frame is 1st picture under photography at http://intlmerch.tripod.com

Comment

Yikes! June 20??!!! Ya .. I knew that. 42 years ago, my amazing wife decided she wouldn't mind having me for a husband.

Lewis .. I'm here. What do you mean, "Where is everyone?" Right here .. starting to doze. I'm not sure how 4.5 - 5 hours sleep a day got to be so normal .. guessin' the body gets more efficient as it ages? Same with food. Sure don't need much of it to keep going.

So you're building your own dory? How do you move it about?

Issachar
                            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Yes better NOT forget your anniversary !!!

So you're building your own dory? How do you move it about?
                              Its "skin on frame" so only weighs about 30 pounds ... And just like the kayak I built 3 years ago, it will fit inside my wagon...

Comment

Tall ship cannon battles
                                Well, so far we haven't got a permit to shoot our real cannons on our schooner for the upcoming Battle Sail
                                however I just remembered that I had built a potato launcher-spud gun...
                                It will throw out a bag of flower just as well as a real cannon and make noise...

And NO, you can't shoot potatoes-or real cannon shot -at other ships as the insurance companies just might complain !!!

Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X