This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis, please drink PLENTY of water!
    Any symptoms of heat stroke is dangerous.
    First stage is dehydration, second heat exhaustion, third heat stroke - then death.
    NOT a fun way to go.

During the hottest days of the year you should be drinking about 1 gallon of pure, clean water per day. I know that sounds like a lot but that's my minimum for me. Takes time to build up to that much but once you do, your body will crave that much - and it is SO GOOD for your entire system...cells, organs (including/esp the kidneys, liver and bladder)...etc.

Comment

• Finally a nice cool breeze from the ocean, temps dropped down into the mid 70s today & for the week...was able to go out safely... the ocean currents come South from Alaska which keeps the coast pretty decent most of the time... now if you live in the inland valleys, you're "on the griddle" you had better have air conditioning...

Comment

• Yes, we're finally enjoying a beautiful cool-down and LOTS of rain.
        We were in drought status and suddenly the sky has burst forth!
        I think our home has received some 6" in the past 10 days, more in the forecast all thru this week.
        Almost too much but we're NOT complaining!

Comment

• San Diego East county...first big brush fire of the season...9000 acres burned today...about 45 muiles East of the ocean... I know the area well...thankfully not much wind, but temps around 100 makes it bad...there is no way to fight a fire like this on the ground in the mountain / canyon brush country

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/sep/0...l-valley-area/

Comment

• Be safe, Lewis!
            Simon Peter answered him,"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68

><> YSIC, Sue C <><

Comment

Working...
            X