Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

around 100 degrees in San Diego today !!! & high humidity !!!
    I spent 8 hours huddled in my living room under my AC !!! So thankful I put it in... otherwise I would have had to go to the library...
    Tell Al Gore to please take this weather back to Tennessee !!!
    Actually a Mexican Hurricane brought it, hopefully tomorrow it will be down to the 80's ...

Hard to believe but because of our resevours San Diego has %98 of the water we need... and the desalinization plant comes on line next year...
    but pray for El Nino to give our Sierras SNOW...

Comment

President Washington, trout fisherman
      In a library book today I can across a book about our fishing Presidents///
      Washington was a trout fisherman... according to his diary with modest success...
      He was also one of the countries most successful commercial fisherman... His Mount Vernon property bordered for several miles on the river. His people caught herring and shad in great abundance with nets and weirs using skiffs... His attention to detain in preparing the fish for market assured he got top price; often twice what other fisherman got for their casks of fish in Barbados & etc...
      He made as much money from fishing as he did from agriculture on his several farms and estate...

Comment

110 degrees in some inland areas yesterday
        sometimes we tend to forget we live in a desert...

"""only """ 90 at the beach...

Comment

Ok Lewis, so now they are saying El Niño is super big. So that means a mild winter for us Minnesotan and lower than normal participation. For you? Lots of rain? Winds and storms? I ask because my daughter may be doing some traveling over California way this winter.

Comment

Well should not be too big a deal for the vast majority... We've had heavy rain years before... the news has its required mud slide story every day... sad for those folks, but for most just a little inconvienent...

One thing though, tell family not to drive in the rain... too many people going too fast , like 75 in a downpour... as well as the fact that the water just has no where to go...lots of people drive into deep water on the roads and get swamped and some just float away...

Comment

Will do thanks��

Comment

So I have to tell you a funny story. I have been counseling with a biblical counselor for having repeated time of depression and anxiety. Most of you know my background. Well during the course of my counseling, my counselor recommends group therapy. Never done it before so thought I would. From the being I have been very vocal on counseling from the bible and prayer being part of that time also. So I went to group and every chance I got I told my story of Jesus and how He died for me. I also at the same time make a statement that I believed human psychology as bunk and so the lead psychologist tossed me out for being too Christian!! Well now I just see my counselor and we go from the point of view that the Word of God supplies all my needs. I like her a lot. This world is full of broken people. I pray the seed was planted when the gospel was given through my story told to them of how Jesus saved me. Praying on how to proceed.

Comment

its Friday the 20th...
                  I came very very close to being seriously hurt or killed today... someone made a serious error when hoisting the ships boat,,, left it hanging with only a small cord tieing it to the davit... if I had got in the boat to inflate it, the cord would have broken, one end of the boat and I would have fallen into the water... I could have been seriously injured and have died...

Thankyou Jesus

yes, Andy, you put a boat on a ship not a ship on a boat
                  Last edited by lewisb; 11-20-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

The ships boat, Lewis?
                    I don't understand, sorry - glad you are safe, though.

Comment

Jackie: I believed human psychology as bunk and so the lead psychologist tossed me out for being too Christian!!
                      Wear that badge with pride!

Comment

Definitely Denise��

Comment

• Cranberry Cornbread muffins and my Peach cobbler to die for

My very own Lewis recipes...
                          One box cornbread mix... (or muffin mix)
                          One can Whole Berry cranberry sauce
                          brown sugar ...

dump mix in pan, make sure its "flowery"
                          dump cranberry in mix, add no or very little water...
                          mix well...
                          ladle out into 10 cardboard dixie cups...
                          spoon on 1/4" layer of Brown sugar
                          as it mellows cranberry taste!!

Bake as per cornbread box instructions

Cobbler...
                          Mix Cornbread mix as per box...
                          ladel into dixie cups...
                          place one Uncooked slice peach in each cup.
                          cook per box instructions...
                          OR
                          put one can or 2 whole cut up peaches(much better) in bottom of pan...
                          put one box cornbread mix on top of peaches (or other fruit)
                          use peach syrup as part of required water in Cornbread mix...
                          sprinkle with brown sugar if desired
                          bake about 80 minutes at the temperature on the cornbread box.
                          when its all brown, its done...

Cardboard Dixie cups
                          Last edited by lewisb; 11-25-2015, 04:11 PM. Reason: Cardboard not plastic cups :)

Comment

• Re: Cranberry Cornbread muffins and my Peach cobbler to die for

OK Time to PUNT
                            This time, I had to use two packages of Cornbread mix ((Had to thicken it))and one can of whole berry cranberry... plus 1/2 cup water.....

And its taking longer than 15 minutes to bake...
                            Will keep you posted
                            might take as much as an hour !!!

Looks like there is a difference between cornbread mix and cornbread muffin mix !!!
                            Last edited by lewisb; 11-26-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

My Tangello / FrankenFruit is almost ripe
                              Just tried the first one... still tart like a grapefruit, but will sweeten by Christmas/ New Years... all types here in So Cal are "Christmas" Oranges...

Comment

Welllll, we're cookin right along... We'll have to suffer temps mostly in the mid 70's the next week... goin to havta break out the shorts again...
                                must be El/Nino or something... or maybe Al Gore's in town...

Comment

Working...
                                X