Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Hurricane Dolores brought much needed rain all the way up to the central coast. They need a LOT more to help California. However, the mountains outside of SD looked green when I drove through the other day, lewis. Hope CA gets rain this Fall and Winter.
    Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Regional wedg coffee breaks
      likely not enough Wedgies to do conferences these days, however we should get together for coffee/cocoa

Comment

• GODs awesome creation evidences

A wildflower, the Purple Sasifly, appeared in my yard from places unknown....
        picture at www.lewishb.biz (shameless plug too ... It has 3 rows of purple petals-that close up at night !!!
        Thing is its seeds come attached to the base of a perfect umbrella .....the shaft of each umbrella is 1 3/8ths long, and the umbrella is composed of around 30 spokes 1 5/8ths across... the design causes the hub and spokes of the umbrella to break off and then fly long distances ... The perfection of its design is astounding..... after the flower has opened for 4 hours a day and then closes at night for several days. it makes a coccoon dripping a white sap... then a while later, the coccoon opens and many many seeds take fly from this 3ft tall stalky plant !!!!
        Just amazing !!!

Another English wildflower is the awesomely beautiful Love in the Mist... comes in several colors...
        Last edited by lewisb; 07-25-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Re: GODs awesome creation evidences

One of these days, if the Lord tarries, we'll meet for coffee, lewis, when I'm in your fair city. My daughter moved to NorCal so I'm not in SoCal as often as I used to be. It would be great if we could get several of us together for a Wedg conference like they did in Texas many moons ago.
          Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

I would love to get together and have a Wedg reunion. I'm thinking though we may be at the wedding reception some time soon

Comment

Ok, so why is unwanted mail called Spam? Until later in life when I found out that every mouthful of pork deducts one day from your lifetime I kinda liked spam... Spam's gotta bad rap ... And, As the recent commercial says, it does go well with eggs....

And with the Rapture imminent, I might as well do those "Bush's"pork and beans occasionally... after all I only loose 5 minutes a mouthful with them

Comment

Tall Ship cannon battles!! come to the Parade of Sail September Fri 4th Sat 5th Sun 6th Tall Ships Festival in San Diego over the Labor Day Weekend. All ships open to visitors!!!

Comment

This is just WAY TOO COOL not to share!

Comment

Skagway Alaska White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad Tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFJgI3I89M

Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8cf3rYetM

Having a dual power system

Some foolish people have a grid tie solar system...
                    this means when the grid goes down, you have no power from your solar cells!!! None at all !!!
                    The PC Police mandated this rule!!!
                    The thing to do is to have a Parallel solar system...
                    You have several solar pannels charging a battery bank... You have your house wired with outlets for both 120V and 14V...
                    When the power goes out, You have an inverter you plug into your 14V DC wall plug to make 120V--AC power... Use standard 120V wall outlets and wiring and 3 prong plugs for your 14V-DC lamps, etc…
                    You can get 35 Watt 14V lightbulbs at boat stores that work in any table lamp.......
                    I do this at home...
                    Dont forget that Running a generator and having bright lights in a blackout attracts the neighbors like ants on honey!!!!!!

Lewis
                    Last edited by lewisb; 08-18-2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Am now finally getting serious about writing that Star Trek novella ... Featuring Captain Spirk,, Mr Smock and Lieutenant U-Hoo-Rah, & and engineer Lowlander Mr Ott...
                      ... of course there is quite a Galaxy of spin offs out there ... as usual, the Enterprise is on its 5 year mission to spread Political Correctness across the Quadrant ...
                      Last edited by lewisb; 08-24-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Tell your Chiropractor that The Veterans Administration now has a program to pay for chiropractors through ""TriWest""

Comment

Hi everybody seems like I haven't been on forever! Time flies so fast. Between family work etc I try to keep up with all that is going on around the world. September is here with much fanfare but I pray for peace and safety for all my siblings in Christ around the world.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Lewis.
                            Have you been successful with this? Using TriWest for chiropractic care - finding a doc that will actually deal with that?

Comment

I asked my chiropractor about it and she had just signed up with Triwest after I mentioned that my VA doctor said the VA now covers chiropractors..... the VA bills your private insurance if you have any...

Comment

Well stated JackieJ, I couldn't agree with you more. So wonderful to be back here and going from one thread to another and doing alot of re-reading to let things sink in..There is so much information, thoughts and ideas here I wish the whole world knew about this site. I too pray for peace and safety for all my wedg siblings.

Comment

Working...
                                X