Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Room - General Fellowship Thread

our rain total year runs from August to July....Looks like we will have received less than one quarter inch of rain by the end of November........ One weather expert said he thinks the present winter weather with yearly Artic Polar freezes for the Midwest & East and extreme drought for the West coast may last 30 years...

http://www.longrangeweather.com/Arti...emeWeather.htm

Comment

""they " say we will get some "rain" this week... hope they are right...

turkey sandwiches this week also ..
      trivia. where did "sandwich " come from ?

Comment

Praying for rain for your area Lewis. And the Sandwich islands?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
          trivia. where did "sandwich " come from ?
          Montagu?

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I have a feeling this week is going to be pivotal for my career.
            Due to the company that has contracted my employer to provide support to THEIR client (I know, confusing) deciding my position should be part-time I've interviewed for two different positions within the company I work for. I want to stay with them. Anyway, pretty sure everything is going to come together this week and I hope to be accepting one of the positions. I'm qualified for both but honestly am not sure which one I want - glad I can trust the Lord to lead me in the right direction.

Comment

Thanks for your post on the neurostimulator. I am currently going through a lot of back pain after a triple fusion - they are going to try Risolosis first but if that doesn't work that may be the next step. I know a Vietnam vet from my rehab centre and 10 years ago he cold not even get out of bed because of a couple of botched up back ops but thanks to the neurostimlator he has a fairly good life quality and has even traveled Europe and the USA.

On November 26, Science Daily reported on a great new scientific discovery concerning the control of pain. Researchers at the St Louis University Medical Center published results of research in the medical journal Brain showing that the researchers may have found a way to block pain pathways which could lead to the effective control of neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is usually what has developed when people have uncontrolled pain.

I thought this might interest you Andy - obviously it won't be available for a few years yet.

Science daily reported that there may be an "off switch" for pain:

Saint Louis University researcher Daniela Salvemini, Ph.D. and colleagues within SLU, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other academic institutions have discovered a way to block a pain pathway in animal models of chronic neuropathic pain including pain caused by chemotherapeutic agents and bone cancer pain suggesting a promising new approach to pain relief.

The scientific efforts ... demonstrated that turning on a receptor in the brain and spinal cord counteracts chronic nerve pain in male and female rodents. Activating the A3 receptor -- either by its native chemical stimulator, the small molecule adenosine, or by powerful synthetic small molecule drugs invented at the NIH -- prevents or reverses pain that develops slowly from nerve damage without causing analgesic tolerance or intrinsic reward (unlike opioids).

Comment

Wow...do you have a source on that, Melsec? Yes, I am VERY interested in that research. I have the type of relationship with my pain mgmt doc I'd present that to her, although I'm guessing she's aware.

Comment

Drip drip Drip
                  when you live in a trailer home, you hear the drips -- outside... So after going to bed (of course) I heard the usual drip onto something plastic outside my bedroom...
                  so I put on my pants, went outside in the drizzel,,, without a coat as it is a warm storm...
                  So it took a while to put some rags on top of the plastic it was dripping on Then I found another drip I could not reach... took several minutes to maybe fix where it runs off my roof onto my plastic canopy....
                  So of course I got damp... then went back to bed...... ""They""" promised a ""storm"" with over an inch of rain ... we got maybe half that...maybe...

On the bright side, it did wash my car........

Comment

Donald duck cartoons
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSIdPqMDd5o

Comment

a fireplace in your computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEKyJZkUZLw

Comment

Sorry my brother I just picked that up while surfing the web and haven't kept the link. I am sure if she contacted St Louis Medical Centre they might be able to give you the information.

Saint Louis University researcher Daniela Salvemini, Ph.D. and colleagues within SLU, the National Institutes of Health (NIH). I think it is in the early stages but it is nice to know they are working on new things that have future potential.

Comment

I was talking to my nephew on facebook the other day. The last time I saw him was at my Mother-in-Laws funeral at which time he had only just heard he had a very rare form or cancer and he had just started an experimental treatment. His name is Michael and we have been very close over the years even though he was a bit of a bad boy and a rebel - even did some collecting of money for a nefarious bikie group - so you get the idea. Anyway at the funeral we were talking about his treatment and I really felt very strongly that God's hand was on him and that he was going to be fine and I told him so.

Well during our conversation on FB he told me he is now all clear of cancer. I reminded him that I had forcefully told him that he would be ok. He said he remembered. So I told him "I have a friend upstairs". He replied with "So do I Uncle Mel and I talk to him every day" He also said "It is really different living life sober and with faith but I am really enjoying it". It turns out during the extremely painful treatment he had turned to the Lord for help and salvation.

It has stunned me to some extent but in a joyful way. Anyway it is the best Christmas present I could ask for. I have prayed for Michael in the past but I had also just plain forgotten to bring him before the Lord for a few years now - maybe I had given up on him - I don't know. Just goes to show though that God is faithful even when we are not and that he never gives up.

Comment

Every once in awhile I just have to share something of one of my top favorite things:
                            High-performance cars!
                            I know, most gals will roll their eyes and that's fine...this is just a little bit too cool, especially since Jim Hennessey is a Texan!!
                            Love the helmet-cam video of this record-breaking run.

Comment

stayed up to see the last 30 minutes of the countdown to the ball drop in Times Square...... what a horribly inept 9th rate New Years Eve show they had... Had to turn the sound off to avoid the inane mindless babbling leading up to the event, which was brief, ineptly handled...
                              The only high point was the cute blonde in the babbling group who was wearing very little in the mind numbing 27 degree weather...

Mind numbing--maybe that explains it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                Wow...do you have a source on that, Melsec? Yes, I am VERY interested in that research. I have the type of relationship with my pain mgmt doc I'd present that to her, although I'm guessing she's aware.

http://noeuthanasia.org.au/blog/2169...urned-off.html This is the website I got the original information from - you can follow a couple of the links and go in deeper. Seems promising for the future!

Comment

Working...
                                X