Is time coming to a stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is time coming to a stop?

Since light speed plus cosmic inflation were infinite during the Big Inning,,, and since light speed and inflation has been slowing down on a bell curve ever since,,, does that mean that time will naturally come to a stop in 1007 years ???

sorry about hurting your brain I was thinking about Barry Setterfield ((Setterfield.org)) and Humpfries' work "Starlight and time" today ((book and on u-tube)) and this question suddenly occurred to me..... since I have nothing else to do anyway... retirement is boring, and I have to keep lubricating the cog wheels and bearings upstairs otherwise they will rust and sieze up some day ... --soon--,,, according to "some people", as they tell me can hear the squeeking and grinding noises coming from up there already !!! HA !!!

Well brother, I don't know if it will ever stop, but I have it on good source, that it will be at least 10,000 more years.

Listen to the whole thing (5 min.) but especially at about 3:55 and on ..

But also, see post #6 here. If you take it sentence by sentence, it should make sense. I worded each sentence in a way that each builds on the one before. Even if you disagree, it should make sense, if that makes sense.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Hi Iss. Referencing your link to "post 6" above, it reminds me of something I heard a long time ago. I was about 12, and wishing out loud that I was 16. At 16 I could get a Driver's License. Of course at 16, I couldn't wait to be 18, and at 18, I really wished I was 21 (for reasons I won't elaborate on). Anyway, my Grandmother told me (when I was 12, again at 18, and then again at 21), to slow down and enjoy the age I was. Why? Because at 21, I would have lived half my life. Of course, when I was 12, I believed that she was saying I would only live to be age 42.

Well, 42 came and went, and then it hit me. As a child, 21 was so far away, but now that I'm older, I can think back to 21 in the blink of an eye. So, does that mean time is relative?

Now for the fun part, as she later told me - eternity is simply the past and future coexisting in the present. Having been washed in the blood of Christ, my past and future sins have been forgiven. As such, there is only now, the present. Forgiveness has washed away the past, all that matters is who I am now, in the present. And having chosen Christ, I am right now, who I will be tomorrow, indeed for all eternity. That doesn't mean that I don't continue to grow in Christ, it simply means that having chosen Christ, I already have.

Now, did that make sense?

Bottom line - "We've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we've first begun."
      Last edited by Shibboleth; 05-24-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Hi Iss, Shibb...
        The issue problem with Inductive reasoning is that it is based in cascading assumptions... and getting them ALL right and totally applying to the underlying assumption is really tricky!!! Especially since each person will have different perceptions of each assumption!!!
        And some of us can't even spell!!!
        Last edited by lewisb; 05-24-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I too, was considering "past" and "future" just yesterday. No, I don't think there's a "future" -or "past" in heaven. Time won't exist. Only our present presence with the Lord. At all times in the Now, with Jesus.

Heaven is a dimension completely without the rules and constraints we live with here.

Comment

scripture does mention""ages to come"" of which we know nothing... just like "ages past"??? mentioned also !!!

Comment

Well, we do know something of ages past since we’re given by the Creator, history of the creation from the beginning.

Issachar

The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Actually, Iss, I was referring to ages past before creation as well as ages to come in the eternal state of man...
                It has been my contention the possibility that Satan fell well before creation in ages past before time began...

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
                  in ages past before time began..
                  Are there “ages past” with no time?

Genesis 1:
                  31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

There is no reason to not take that at face value. God will not hold us accountable for thinking that He meant every thing when we read “every thing.”

” . . . every thing that He had made, . . . “

It does not pertain to only the earth as I think you once said. That six day period includes the heavens, sun, moon and stars. Kind of like . . every thing.

God would never call the fall of Lucifer, plus a third of all the angels, “very good.”

The very first verse of Scripture says:

Genesis 1:
                  1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

”In the beginning means, when time started.

”the heaven” is at least space. I say “at least” because I do not purport to know anything like how and why God did what He did.

“the earth” is at least some matter.

So there we have time, space and matter.

Also, Lucifer fell to the earth. If it didn’t exist yet, to what would he have fallen?

Job 38:
                  4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The devil would not be rejoicing over anything that God does.

Issachar

Comment

The other dimention/s the abode of god , was eternal in the "past" before our universe, and its "time" were created...
                    We do not know, are not told when the 4 creatures around the throne, & the angels were created...The Creation story has to do with our present universe, NOT the previous heavenly dimention... it is an assumption that they were created
                    in Genesis 1:1 & 1:2... and NO I'm NOT a "gapper" although I understand their point of view... Yes, our universe was perfect until Satan tempted Eve and she went her own way... then got her husband to follower her....

This is one of those things we cannot know for sure until we see eternity....

Comment

Working...
                    X