Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will feel good/church growth gospel preachers go to hell ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will feel good/church growth gospel preachers go to hell ?

two I personally know and like,-- great people--that likely deep down know better, ((I hope)) but were seduced by the flim flam great religious salesmen...
    Now even wanting a "new reformation" of good works...
    And my personal experience is that people stay in that church group because that's where all their friends are... and dont want to start all over again somewhere else...
    being part of the group is more important than sound doctrine...

perhaps the other big question is that people who live in error without Holy Ghost chastizement likely were never saved to begin with..????????????

Originally posted by lewisb View Post
    . . . dont want to start all over again somewhere else... being part of the group is more important than sound doctrine...

perhaps the other big question is that people who live in error without Holy Ghost chastizement likely were never saved to begin with..?
    This phenomenon isn't limited to preachers, Lewis. We know a person who professes to be a Christian - yet also espouses ". . . you just have to realize that that's the way people live now-a-days. You have to live with it." in relation to contemporary lifestyles (of various sorts.) Refuses to address the inconsistencies. No, I don't have to live with it. I simply refuse to associate with, and approve of, those behaviors! It goes its way, I go mine. It does get hard, because we're to minister to those folks, but when they repeatedly refuse to obey the Bible.............

I'm reminded of the scripture that says in 1 John 2:19. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us. NASV

Comment

What is *reformation of good works?* Just an example or two so I know what that means.

Concerning the thread title question: Saved do not go to hell. Unsaved do. (But you know that.)

So can someone believe something that is *off* and be saved? Certainly as long as they accept and believe on the Gospel.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
        What is *reformation of good works?* Just an example or two so I know what that means.
        Iss, I'm taking that to mean an adjustment of theology so that "doing good works" gets somebody into Heaven, without having to have a personal relation with Jesus. The person I referenced above told Tasarwen yesterday that it really didn't matter what a Christian believed, we'll all be "judged by our works." PlumBob's head hurts from being shaken left and right so much now-a-days.

Comment

Thanks ..

Originally posted by PlumBob
          PlumBob*s head hurts from being shaken left and right so much now-a-days.
          I hear ya ..

neck too.

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
          X