Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In departure from "America First," U.S. ups World Bank commitment

https://www.axios.com/in-departure-f...2ac72d0f3.html

Last week, the Financial Times reported that the Trump administration will support a

$13-billion capital increase to the World Bank
    . The announcement is expected to be made at the

World Bank's spring meetings
    with the International Monetary Fund in Washington, D.C., later this week.
    https://www.axios.com/in-departure-f...2ac72d0f3.html

Last edited by SAT; 04-18-2018, 06:10 PM.

Wondering how this in any way is a push against "America First". He has committed to some crazy trillion dollar increase in rebuilding our infrastructure - seems to me $13b is peanuts in comparison and if anything confirms his stance on investing in America first.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Wondering how this in any way is a push against "America First". He has committed to some crazy trillion dollar increase in rebuilding our infrastructure - seems to me $13b is peanuts in comparison and if anything confirms his stance on investing in America first.
      Yep and I still can't figure out where all the money is going to come from

But that isn't the reason I posted the article.
      The World Bank is a wonderful idea. And Pres. Trump announcing at the IMF meeting the US is adding another 13 billion to what the US has already committed to give is going to be very helpful.
      But it is also a part of the new order. And is based on the ideology of the new order.

Comment

Yes, I know why you posted it and thank you, again.
        I just find the title puzzling except an attempt to slam Trump (typical) as not being true to his word.
        Where will the $$ come from? Thin air, mostly! But, I have been very happy to read reports on how many ways Trump has been saving taxpayers money...a LOT of money. Go figure...he's a successful business man, he probably knows how to spend wisely.

Comment

in Far strucha-- we call it Down East

Well I do know that the Bourne and Sagamore bridges over the Cape Cod Canal were built by my father (and a few other "townies") in the 1930's and are about to fall into the canal, scaring the fish! Legend has it that one poor slob "from away" fell into the concrete as they were pouring an East side abutment to the Sagamore bridge and, like Jimmy Hoffa, is still there today!

Comment

Working...
          X