Lewis, JohnR, Andy - r.e. the springs at the tempel site thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis, JohnR, Andy - r.e. the springs at the tempel site thread

I am SO sorry! I had posted in the thread, and went back to delete one of my posts, and wound up deleting the whole thread. Please forgive me.

John, to address your post about the contention that the Holy Spirit is not part of the God-head, I have to absolutely disagree with assertions of the site you linked. I didn't read the whole article. Suffice it to say that it sounds very much like some Latter Day Saints theology - that we will all become little gods. In any case, I know for sure that the Holy Spirit dwells in me, and I just take that as being an attribute of God.

Again, my apologies.

Lewis, you want to try again?

ETA -*- OK, I went back and see where I goofed. Won't happen again (maybe) (until next time) (hopefully.)

Don't feel bad, 60 some people have looked at it...
    Anyway, see http://www.askelm.com/
    Especially This page:
    http://www.askelm.com/books/book008.asp
    From Ezekiel ch 47 we see that water gushes out of the temple from beside the altar.
    Josephus notes the size of the temple mount {Wars-book5 ch5) as 600ft x 600 feet with the SE Corner in the deepest part of the Kidron valley(Wall 150 ft high) in the Eastern center part of the old City of David, where the Gihon Spring is,and other ancients agree...

Todays "temple mount" in no way matches this size or location! As it is the site of Rome's fortress Antonia, large enough to house 10,000 troops! All the major forts of the Roman empire were nearly identical size to what we see today!
    Last edited by lewisb; 04-18-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

You can delete an entire thread?????

Comment

Me thinks de debbil did it
        Sam wasn't using a 4th grader !!

Comment

ELM of AskELM (Ernest L. Martin) was part of the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W. Armstrong and crew) which is why I question anything coming from them.

Comment

Hey, great resource!
            Point is that here we are talking about history facts here, not misguided theology!
            Yes IF Martin was an Armstrong follower its sad. However this does not imho
            effect his real discoveries, does not effect where the temple was.

Josephus gives us the exact size location which does not in any way match todays "temple mount" !
            Last edited by lewisb; 04-19-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X