Turning More Against Christianity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning More Against Christianity?

On this board, we know scripturally, what is Christian and what is not. But here I am speaking from the view of what the *world* (all that is not of God) calls Christianity.

There is a more decided turn against what is Christian. While what is reported these days on a daily basis all across at least America makes it seem worse than it is, it is also true that it is worse than in years past.

Here, Hal Lindsey mentions a significant aspect of that turn against Christianity:

6:45 - ~10:04

As we all are all too aware, the shift from morality and common sense and reason(ing) is far advanced. There are plenty of people that abhor these changes and are simply silent which is why it seems worse in the reporting than reality. But like I said, the shift is very real. I am not sure who watches the filth that is on tee vee which is how that programming is supported, but it must be a lot of folk or advertisers would evaporate.

Always, all ways, interesting . . .

Like Bob Dylan said: *I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken*

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Watching Mark Zuckerberg on television it struck me that Facebook is a catalyst for silencing Conservative voices many that are Christians so it is not a huge surprise. Did not mind watching him squirm a little bit.

Comment

A decorated Army chaplain is facing what his attorneys are calling a *career-ending punishment* after he explained to a soldier that he could not conduct a marriage retreat that included same sex couples.

A military investigation at Fort Bragg determined Chaplain Scott Squires should be disciplined for his failure to include a lesbian couple in the Strong Bonds Marriage Retreat. They determined he
      had discriminated against a soldier based on her sexual orientation.

When Squires realized he could not participate, he rescheduled the event to accommodate the lesbian couple with a chaplain who could oversee the retreat. But apparently; that was not good
      enough.
      source

Of course, nothing is *good enough* except complete compliance with the wickedness of the *world.*

John 3:
      And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
      20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

How so fast this deviancy has become the *norm.*

This perversion is the last of a progression that ends with the destruction of a civilization:

1.) Pride
      2.) Life is easy and comfortable. No lack for the masses Fullness of bread.
      3.) Abundance of idle time. Too many conveniences that make life and labor easy.
      4.) Not strengthening the hand of the poor and needy. Selfishness.
      5.) Perversion on many levels in many areas due to haughtiness.

Ezekiel 16:
      Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
      50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Most will realize the error of their ways; after it is too late.

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

A Minneapolis area church pastor who also drives a school bus says his rights to free speech and religion were abridged when he got taken off his route for leading students in prayer.
        source

Issachar

Comment

Sam Blackledge was told just ten minutes before graduation that he would not be permitted to deliver his valedictory address because it was too religious.

. . . .

*They told me that if I took out Christ I could say everything else.*

. . . .

I want you to think for a moment, is there any event in history where these four
          converged in one place? Where did Evil, Justice, Love and Forgiveness converge at a
          moment in history? Can I take you to a hill called Calvary and show you the person of
          Jesus Christ?
          source

Now I get that at a high school graduation, especially a government school, that many (most?) would not want to hear what they may deem a *sermon.* But to be in the valedictorian position, he had to have been well liked, high GPA, good behavior, etc. So why not just let him say his speech? Why the censorship? If he gave it as he wrote it and most people were fine with it, then good. If not, well, if he is well known (likely) then they should have expected it. Do not like it? So? Move one with life and say, oh well.

Issachar

Comment

Demons tremble at the name of Jesus Christ!

Comment

(Worthy News) - A California judge has handed down his final judgment in the case of a Bakersfield Christian baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a homosexual couple, ruling that cakes celebrating events are a form of speech.

Kern County Superior Court Judge David Lampe wrote in his decision, *The right to freedom of speech under the First Amendment outweighs the State*s interest in ensuring a freely accessible marketplace. The right of freedom of thought guaranteed by the First Amendment includes the right to speak, and the right to refrain from speaking. Sometimes the most profound protest is silence,* according to Bakersfield.com.

Cathy Miller, the owner of Tastries Bakery, was sued by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing on behalf of Eileen and Mireya Rodriguez of Del Rio, who requested a wedding cake from her. The couple reportedly was already married for six months when the refusal unfolded last August.
              source

*... and the right to refrain from speaking.* Does this silly *judge* even hear what he is saying?

Already *married* six months when this occurred? Did they have a cake at their ridiculous ceremony? If so, why are they asking for another six months later?

These things are fast becoming the norm in the Untied States of America.

Still safe to be a Christian, just do not get caught practicing the faith.

Two atheist groups have filed a lawsuit against the state of Arkansas for a Ten Commandments monument erected in April after a man destroyed the first one by ramming it with his car last summer.

. . . .

A new marker had just been installed on the Capitol grounds last month with barricades to protect it.
              source

The United States . . land of the free. Home of the brave. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not murder. The (now) Untied States must use barricades to protect such messages from the proclaimers of tolerance.

Another example of tolerance:

A scientist has filed a lawsuit against the California State University, Northridge saying he was terminated from his job due to his religious views after he discovered soft tissue on a triceratops fossil which supported his creationist view.

Mark Armitage, a former scientist at CSUN in Los Angeles, was terminated after he discovered supposedly the largest triceratops horn ever unearthed at the Hell Creek Formation excavation site in Montana, according to attorney Brad Dacus of Pacific Justice Institute, who has filed the lawsuit.

*Since some creationists, like [Armitage], believe that the triceratops bones are only 4,000 years old at most, [Armitage*s] work vindicated his view that these dinosaurs roamed the planet relatively recently,* states the complaint filed against the CSUN board of trustees in Los Angeles Superior Court, according to CBS News.
              source

Even more sad than these matters, since these matters are to be expected in this *world*, is how many believers are not even aware of what is happening and increasingly happening, to the (real) body of Christ in these Untied States. (Untied from the Constitution, morality, logic, etc.) I imagine that there are many pastors that could look past a congregations shoulder and see a tornado approaching and not say anything about it.

There is a principle here:

Ezekiel 33:
              But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman*s hand.

Issachar

Comment

Working...
              X