The Password to get into heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Password to get into heaven?

I just have to share this. Last night my 85 year old friend and neighbor had us over to meet the new neighbors and get to know them better. I generally don't discuss religion or politics unless someone else initiates. My neighbor is clear she is a 'seeker'. She goes to classes on Buddhism, dabbles in New Age, etc. I wasn't sure what the new neighbors believed. Turns out she's a backslidden Catholic who doesn't believe in 'organized religion' but considers herself 'spiritual' and he used to be a Lutheran and then a Baptist but no longer goes to church because people thought they were better than him. He said at one point he doesn't know if he's going to heaven, then turned around and said he was 'born again'. My neighbor said that in her classes, other elderly people have asked "What's the password to get in to heaven"? like it was a funny joke., I quickly responded it's J-E-S-U-S!! She looked astonished and laughed and laughed. The backslidden Catholic got up and walked into the kitchen and the husband just sat there and looked at me. I then told him, you know (fellow Lutheran) that it's not about people and church, it's about our 1:1 relationship with Jesus. That was the end of the discussion.

Nice comeback!

Comment

I think I had help in that one Lewis--LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC View Post
        I think I had help in that one Lewis--LOL!!
        Sue, I'm pretty sure there's a verse somewhere that says (essentially) "Open your mouth, and I'll speak through you."
        Great Job! I'm sure God was up there pumping his fist shouting "YES!"

Comment

Thanks, Plum Bob! I was surprised that it just came rolling out so emphatically! The responses to what I said was also enlightening. I sure hope God is pleased!

Comment

Working...
          X