Trump-linked Cambridge Analytica suspended from Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump-linked Cambridge Analytica suspended from Facebook

Trump-linked Cambridge Analytica suspended from Facebook amid claims it harvested 50 million profiles

Around 270,000 Facebook users download the app but it allowed for information about hundreds of their online friends to be obtained without consent, a whistleblower claimed.
    Pulling information from 50 million Facebook profiles reportedly amounts to the tech giant's biggest ever data breach - though that figure is disputed by the company.
    At the heart of the reporting was Cambridge Analytica, a company owned by the billionaire Robert Mercer and once involving Steve Bannon, Mr Trump's ex-chief strategist.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ims-harvested/

a company owned by the billionaire Robert Mercer
    also Breitbart.

Last edited by SAT; 03-17-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Who knows what and whom to believe anymore? I have only one standard, for the most part, and it is scripture is the only source of truth.

Comment

Originally posted by SueC View Post
        it is scripture is the only source of truth.
        How wonderful and comforting it is.

A few months ago I saw an interview of Brad Parscale explaining in detail how he used facebook etc. How he used a computer to profile individual people, using that info. How the computer would aim everything for that profile right down to the color of the ad, the content and wording to be favorable. Manipulation on a grand size. It wasn't a surprise, but it still hit me.

Even back then, after listening to that interview??? Is it possible it has or will be misused??? Oh yeah.

It's funny though people don't question that part. The problem Facebook had??? was how they got access to the info.
        Last edited by SAT; 03-18-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty generic with what I put on Facebook. Some people put very in-depth stuff on there and that surprises me too. Hacking is getting more and more common lately, too, on FB.

Comment

Working...
          X