Your web provider can now block Christian sites and "Fake News"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your web provider can now block Christian sites and "Fake News"

Your internet mega corporation can now block all websites, conservative news whenever they want
    Worthy News.comThe Federal Communications Commission repealed the Obama era net neutrality rules Thursday, giving internet service providers like Verizon, Comcast and AT&T a free hand to slow or block websites and apps as they see fit or charge more for faster speeds.

Net Neutrality is a hotly contested issue. Now it is gone. I am still on WeDG. Creation.com still works. As far as what an isp can block .. or not, they could always do. The internet did a few things without Net Neutrality: Grew, is growing and will grow; fast, is fast and faster. There is seeming unlimited content. Then came Obama era (2015) Net Neutrality. I am still trying to find someone that saw a difference. In fact, I cannot find anyone that even heard of it until this vote (yesterday?) came up a few months ago. Now it has been repealed. Maybe there will be a difference? Maybe there will be some changes? But I believe, having viewed much, both ways, that we are not going to see much, if any, difference. I believe it is merely a diversion.

What I do believe, but as a Christian does not really matter, is that the less government, in general, is involved, the better and more efficient something works. No, I am not anti-government. God established the fact of government to prevent mankind from annihilating the earth. But these days, the government is trying to micro-manage just about every aspect of life.

Issachar

The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Pres. Trump is leaning the power toward the business elite. The business elite wanted to be able to prefer their interests, over most popular sites first. AT& T??? soon you will see whatever news sites AT&T mergers with, come up first and dominate.
      Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers

http://deadline.com/2017/12/biggest-...st-1202226683/

This article on the history of mergers will give some idea of who is with who.

imvho
      the government is trying to micro-manage just about every aspect of life.
      all we are seeing is the business elite attempt to control your life.

For years there was political the elite, left and right, and the business elite mostly vying for control

The business elite have their own, non elected, values, ethics and ideology.

hmmm how many companies are really Christian??? Weren't they a big part of the PC movement? We do know they were a driving force in the formation of the world unions and used them for business advantages.

Pres. Trump in the recent visit by African leaders, in a discussion about the growing interests of the business elite in Africa???? All my friends (business elite) want to get their businesses in Africa.

Pres. Trump doesn't care what political side, he attacks both. But still encourages the foundation of the world order.

Disney Fox that should be interesting.
      Last edited by SAT; 12-15-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

This has not yet gone into effect and I heard recently that by the time it does appeals will be filed that will cause it to be delayed.
        But, yes, I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end of being able to post openly about our beliefs.

Comment

more on what to expect..... like paying carriers even 2 or 3 times more $$$$$

Comment

I will have to pray before I listen to anything vox

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

U.N. freedom of speech expert concerned about net neutrality
              The U.N.'s freedom of speech expert said on Wednesday he was concerned about the ramifications of a decision in the United States to roll back net neutrality, since it could lead to small and independent voices being drowned out on the web.
              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...+World+News%29

Comment

Working...
              X