Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama

I can not say that I am sorry the vote turned out as it did. But saying that it would have been a battle no matter who won. I can not for the life of me understand why the Republicans could not find a person who did not have such very volatile issues. And now there is a man who will not mind if a woman aborts her child as it is about to draw the first breath in power. Well let us hope those that have caused such chaos will have their voices muted and become confused in their thinking by God Himself. Soon the government will be on His shoulders and all these foolish humans will be done.

Foolish indeed. Done, indeed.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

You also have got to figure that a lots of the votes for Trump last November were votes against Hillery....

In this latest case, the smear campaign against Moore worked.... the democrats could not win on any of the real issues, so they used
      the marxist Alinsky's playbook for radicals to smear distort accuse and destrot a decent man..

Comment

I can say I am not happy to see the vote turned out this way. Moore claimed he did not do the things he was charged with. I still believe in presumed innocence. And to have another extreme left winged liberal in office who believes it's ok to murder the unborn right up to moment of birth is totally unacceptable.

Comment

re. post #4

Originally posted by SueC
          I still believe in presumed innocence.
          As do I. But that principle is rapidly eroding. Point a finger at someone, make an accusation and the stasi nab the accused.

Originally posted by Issachar
          I am not saying that what is coming out in the past few months is not real, I am saying that there needs to be something that shows this to be likely; some evidence .. something. It may ALL be real, that is not my point. It is that we are rapidly becoming a society where bad things can happen to people simply upon hearsay. The U.S. is developing its own stasi:

One of its [stasi] main tasks was spying on the population, mainly through a vast network of citizens turned informants, ...
          source
          quoted from post #1 in this thread

From post #2 in the thread linked just above:

Originally posted by beeleever
          It is all supposed to swirl and be just a little off balance these days and so it is.
          So true.

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

The outsider???

Judge Roy Moore's belief were so much more then just the ten commandments thing or his position on abortion. Which leads me to say, it is all those beliefs together that tend to indicate, well at least give credence to, the claims of the women.

All his beliefs together, including the under age thing, tends to indicate he held the beliefs that were small, but present, in a group of Christians in the south back then. With persistence of the laws and natural peer to peer pressure of the world and other Christian groups, this practice was slowly stopped

It would seem he apparently still held many of those beliefs.
            But like I say I'm the outsider soooo.
            Last edited by SAT; 12-14-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Whatever the truth is, is what matters. But guilty because someone said so is a scarey direction for any society.

Issachar

Comment

He lost in a presumably fair election. The guy that won believes it is fine to destroy human babies just because they are at a stage in life where they are still in the womb. Womb or room, it is the same person.
                I KNOW you know that and believe that. It is just sad about how messed up the world is. No news there though, eh?

Issachar

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                  Whatever the truth is, is what matters. But guilty because someone said so is a scarey direction for any society.

Issachar
                  So true. The world has gone from ignoring bad behavior, Hollywood is the obvious good example, to assuming in many cases.

The problem??? Many will be true, but others may pay a price for something they didn't do.

Here in Canada ??? Prime Minister after Prime minister has asked the aboriginals for forgiveness for the past sins of Canada and got it. Then paid big big bucks. I suspect if the Lord should tarry and we see another Prime Minister.....

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                    He lost in a presumably fair election. The guy that won believes it is fine to destroy human babies just because they are at a stage in life where they are still in the womb. Womb or room, it is the same person.
                    I KNOW you know that and believe that. It is just sad about how messed up the world is. No news there though, eh?

Issachar
                    True. Unfortunately, it was all the other stuff he carried with him and still believed that brought him down. imvho

PS If I took a guess and really heard a bit of relief in Pres. Trumps voice???? It wasn't because of the things the media thought. Pres. Trump and Roy Moore would have had a head on crash over time.

And people would have found themselves having to justify why they voted for him.

But the biggest problem imvho God isn't in any of it. Just man and man's ideals and ideologies fighting it out. I can ask someone to forgive me but if I don't ask Him.....
                    Returning to some fantasy of the past just won't work either.
                    If we try to force people to live by our beliefs we are no better then other religions. Or the RC church in the days of Constantine. Resentment of Christianity and God will be the result.
                    There is no way around it imvho but the work of salvation.
                    Last edited by SAT; 12-14-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SAT
                      But the biggest problem imvho God isn't in any of it. Just man and man's ideals and ideologies fighting it out. I can ask someone to forgive me but if I don't ask Him.....
                      Returning to some fantasy of the past just won't work either.
                      If we try to force people to live by our beliefs we are no better then other religions. Or the RC church in the days of Constantine. Resentment of Christianity and God will be the result.
                      There is no way around it imvho but the work of salvation.
                      I couldn't agree more. Especially *the work of salvation.*

Issachar

Comment

I think I heard it best described that if Moore won then the senate would be bogged down with the decision to unseat him. I do not know if the allegations against him are true or not as their was no serious evidence. But if he had won the Democrats would have been like lions at the Colosseum. Blood and guts. But because the Republicans did not bring in a man or woman with no attachments we now have a man who is worse than a lion and his prey innocent children in the womb or just out of it. He is a self indicative murderer. Of that there is evidence by his own admission.

Comment

Working...
                        X