Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan begins diplomatic offensive ahead of Trump move on Jerusalem

Jordan begins diplomatic offensive...

AMMAN (Reuters) - Jordan has begun consultations on convening an emergency meeting of the Arab League and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation before an expected move this week by U.S. President Donald Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

While I appreciate a lot of what Mr. Trump is doing it sure does seem like he is very intentionally stirring many, many, high-tension pots with some of his actions.
    I cannot imagine that repercussions of him actually doing this. Talk about a powder keg exploding.

Comment

Hi Andy

My suspicions??? The "art of deal"
      This is actually the second business move Pres. Trump has used in the last couple of weeks on Abbas. The Arabs have also used two statements on Abbas and both had the Dahlan threat in the background.
      https://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/f...ohammad-dahlan
      Although the Arabs still aren't comfortable showing support for Israel, they have said and done things that are remarkable, especially for them.

The general sense you get from all this??? The message??? They aren't messing any more.
      President Trump wants his "ultimate deal" and peace and security. Plus, absolutely no where has Pres. Trump or Kushner ever said all of Jerusalem. The confusion seems to be coming from those in Israel who are still hanging on to hope Pres. Trump will be the one. All the same stuff came up during the campaign and last time the waiver came up.

President Trump only has until tomorrow to sign the waiver, but this foggy statement of what exactly he means by Jerusalem, has Abbas hanging.

The Arabs??? They want their Arab Union completed. (Can you imagine having Jerusalem in their Union. Iran would be in a fit.)Never mind the end of the financial drain.
      Last edited by SAT; 12-03-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X