GOD WILL PROVIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOD WILL PROVIDE

This was originally posted in today's WeNT; but I felt it deserved it own thread...especially for those passing through who many not be aware of, or regular readers of WeNT.
    (Thank you Lamb&Lion, for all your work as our ever faithful WeNT Reporter.)

GOD WILL PROVIDE
    Unconventional Ways God Supernaturally Provides for His People

https://www.charismamag.com/spirit/s...for-his-people

This story provides great insight into the ways God provides for us. (Pixabay)

Perhaps you have heard the popular parable about the man stuck on his rooftop during a flood. After he prayed to God for help, a man in a rowboat came to offer to take him to safety. But the stranded man declined the offer by shouting back, No thanks, I believe God will save me! After this a motorboat came by, but still the man declined to jump in for the same reason. Finally, a helicopter flew in, but again, the stranded man refused to get on board, still holding to his belief that God would save him.

As the story goes, the waters continued to rise, and the straned man drowned. When he got to heaven, he complained about the situation to God. I had faith in You, but You did not save me. Why did You let me down? the man begged to know. To this God replied, I sent you a rowboat, a motorboat and a helicopter. What more did you expect?

God Provides in More than One Way

This story provides great insight into the ways God provides for us. Similar to the stranded man, we often expect God to meet our needs in a certain way. If the provision does not come in this way, we are then tempted to feel that God did not uphold His promise. But we must understand that God has more than one way to provide. Yes, for some, Gods provision is made through a well paying job or some financial favor. For others, though, He provides through other means, such as gifts from other believers. I have even experienced Gods provision through the blessing of friendship.

During my transition into ministry, there was a period when I did not have health insurance. In this time, at least two situations arose that required emergency attention. Thankfully, years before, the Lord connected me with a physician who became my best friend. In these situations, my friend was kind enough to perform the procedures I needed, which saved me thousands.

Your Provision Is on Its Way

What do you need God to provide today? Is it financial? Emotional? Physical? Whatever it is, stand on Gods Word that He supplies all your needs according to His riches in glory (Phil. 4 19) and according to His methods! Remember that while your provision might come in the most unconventional or unlikely ways, but be assured that IT IS ON THE WAY.
Working...
X