Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is V-Bullitin limiting copy-paste for copywrite reasons now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is V-Bullitin limiting copy-paste for copywrite reasons now?

Limiting their liability??? Seems to me to be the only reason we cant copy-paste more than 300 Letters from elsewhere !!!
    I just emailed Bro Andy that question ...

I don't know about 300 letters .. it just cuts off after hyphens, quotation marks and apostrophes .. maybe other special characters. I know it is a good program, we just have to learn a couple things.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I've only ran into one other thing, and that was only once or twice, foreign language accents. It is a good program and it does protect us better. hmmm I do wonder if other sites using this have ran into this problem and if so, how did they fix it ???
      That is if VBullitin isn't forthcoming.

Comment

Funny one??? This morning I tried to post something that started with a quotation mark. It actually showed blank post. I didn't think that was possible. Usually there is a message stating message must have so many characters. Not if you start with a quotation mark.

And the upside down quotation marks when you quote......lol

Comment

I have a question. I can't seem to delete old messages. I have messages in there from a few years ago

Comment

As I asked in the email, Lewis, have you tried what I suggested?
            1. Take the original message and Copy and paste it into Notepad.
            2. Take THAT message and copy and paste it to a thread on WeDG.
            Test and let me know how that works.
            This removes all special formatting - I have a feeling this will work but will not know until someone tries it.

There is no way for the vBulletin software to somehow know what is copyright protected and what is not.
            There is no 300 character limit.
            The limit is 15,000.

SAT - yes, you have to post your own words in all posts - cannot just be a quotation.

Comment

Ok yes I tried to search for notepad before and it did not come up--until just now...lets see>>>>

Ok, yes that does seem to work... OK so now what about posting videos??
              Last edited by lewisb; 07-10-2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Lewis, click on the search (magnifying glass) icon next to the Windows logo at the bottom left of the screen and type in notepad .. it will come up in Windows 10.

Issachar
                The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Hi Andy. I just copied from MS word, my comment I tried to post this morning in the President Macron (France) .. thread, and pasted it into Notepad. Then copied from there and pasted in that thread (post #9). It did not work.

Issachar

Comment

Sigh...
                    Then dont compose in Word... compose in notepad... Or compose on Wedg and save & post every paragraph !!!
                    I was able to copy/paste from the web into notepad then copy/paste from notepad into Wedg... ---- once anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                      Hi Andy. I just copied from MS word, my comment I tried to post this morning in the President Macron (France) .. thread, and pasted it into Notepad. Then copied from there and pasted in that thread (post #9). It did not work.

Issachar
                      Define "did not work", please. What happened when you did this?

Comment

Sorry Andy. "It did not work" was a reference to post 9 (and 10) in the Macron thread.

Also for clarification/info, what I copied from MS word was originated in vBulletin. Due to these issues, I copied and pasted it into MS word before clicking "post reply."

So original was typed in WeDG, then copied and pasted into MS word (2013), then copied and pasted from MS word into Notepad, then copied from Notepad and pasted into WeDG. "Did not work" refers to it being cut off.

Issachar

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                          Sorry Andy. "It did not work" was a reference to post 9 (and 10) in the Macron thread.

Also for clarification/info, what I copied from MS word was originated in vBulletin. Due to these issues, I copied and pasted it into MS word before clicking "post reply."

So original was typed in WeDG, then copied and pasted into MS word (2013), then copied and pasted from MS word into Notepad, then copied from Notepad and pasted into WeDG. "Did not work" refers to it being cut off.

Issachar
                          Okay, thanks - sorry I'm not tracking well.
                          Steve has found something within the vBulletin forums that may be helpful and he, Sam and I are going to try to pour into that in the coming days and see what we can do. He's thinking we may need to upload something to our file system but - we shall see.

Comment

Please answer this question:

Hi Andy.

Is it cutting off at a special character or just randomly in the middle of a word?

Comment

I believe it is at special characters. e.g. I deleted a quotation mark and reposted and more was then posted but stopped short of the whole post. I will have to get back to that and confirm if it is now after another special character.

But no, not in the middle of a word. Not random.

Issachar

Comment

Working...
                              X