Breaking: While all eyes were on Oklahoma...Senators approve amnesty bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: While all eyes were on Oklahoma...Senators approve amnesty bill

On Tuesday night, while the nation has its full attention on the heartbreaking images still coming out of Oklahoma, and the aftermath of yesterday's devastating tornado, the Senate Judiciary Committee approved the most far-reaching amnesty bill ever brought before Congress.

more
    http://www.examiner.com/article/brea...e-amnesty-bill

Re: Breaking: While all eyes were on Oklahoma...Senators approve amnesty bill

The final version of the bill contains provisions making those here illegally immediately eligible for welfare benefits and free medical coverage under Obamacare, though it does not contain one so-called 'trigger' for border security.

When the committee announced that the measure had passed, a group of La Raza supporters began rythmically shouting "Si Se Puede!"

The chants raised many smiles among the committee members.

The bill will now go before the full U.S. Senate for a vote.

From Foxnews:

The centerpiece provision of the legislation allows an estimated 11 million people living in the U.S. illegally to obtain "registered provisional immigrant status" six months after enactment if certain conditions are also met.

Applicants must have arrived in the United States before Dec. 31, 2011, and maintained continuous physical presence, must not have a felony conviction of more than two misdemeanors on their record, and pay a $500 fine.

The registered provisional immigrant status lasts six years and is renewable for another $500. After a decade, though, individuals could seek a green card and lawful permanent resident status if they are up to date on their taxes and pay a $1,000 fine and meet other conditions.

Individuals brought to the country as youths would be able to apply for green cards in five years.
    source

I'm sure at some point, this will all come to pass.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

In the words of the POTUS mentor "never let a crisis go to waste".

If someone uses a gun in a crime, use it to extend govt power over guns. If there is a weather disaster use the media blackout to sneak unpopular measures through; that and push for more govt power to stop "climate change".

Comment

It just got through committee. Probably will pass the Senate. Almost no chance it will pass the House...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJ View Post
          In the words of the POTUS mentor "never let a crisis go to waste".

If someone uses a gun in a crime, use it to extend govt power over guns. If there is a weather disaster use the media blackout to sneak unpopular measures through; that and push for more govt power to stop "climate change".
          Perhaps they should outlaw tornadoes now that one hit two elementary schools and hurt so many children.

I don't mean to trivialize the horror of what has happened...I've shed a few tears and said many prayers for these dear victims...parents that have had their hopes and dreams shattered as they hear that their little one did not survive the hit...husbands/wives split by death, etc. So many stories, such a horrible thing to endure.

Comment

They never let a good crisis go to waste!

Comment

Working...
            X