Pope Francis hits out at global 'cult of money'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pope Francis hits out at global 'cult of money'

Sometimes we see cartoon sorts of drawings of a wolf in sheep's clothing where it is very obvious that it is actually a wolf.

But we know that in reality, Jesus would not warn us of something so silly.

Matthew 7:
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The reality is, spiritual discernment is required because the real wolves in sheep's clothing are very hard to distinguish. A part of the reason for that, is because they speak words that sound so very right.

I just thought of the girl with a demon following around Paul and Silas (I'll bold her words) ..

Acts 16:
    And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
    17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
    18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

It does not appear to me that there was any natural reason for Paul to have thought she was possessed by an evil spirit. But he knew .. and dealt with it.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Yes, SAT and Cnav, I do indeed understand the whole OWO possibilities here. And quite frankly I just don't see how a whole lot of progress will be made in alleviating some of the horrible suffering without a NWO.

Wolves in sheeps clothing? More and more as time passes and we get closer. It is just hard to see such suffering for lack of something as simple as a clean water supply.

Comment

I don't think any Christian .. any that are in the Word .. can not know that we should help the poor, oppressed, etc. There are wonderful Christian ministries, with a lot of prayer and financial support behind the scenes, providing wells, where there isn't enough water, filtration where there is water but it's full of invisible, buggy killers, instruction on sanitation, more efficient food production, etc., etc. My opinion, is that even more of that is needed. And of course, where these ministries go, so goes with them, the gospel.

My analogy about the wolf in sheep's clothing, was to (hopefully) point out that there are others also, doing the same work, but for a whole other reason. The NWO people are not interested in individuals. They don't care about you or me or anyone, outside of themselves, except for how we can better serve them and their desires. Their interest is the same old, 6,000 year long problem of man wanting control of things/people for which God did not give authority. It started with, ".. has God said?" and ended (that scenerio) with man having a sin nature, which intrinsically is selfish, prideful (thinking he now knows within himself that which is right and wrong), and controlling (ye shall be as gods) .. I know what is right and what is wrong and I will make it so for everyone! Sure.

Genesis 3:
        Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
        2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
        3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
        4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
        5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
        6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
        7 And the eyes of them both were opened, ...

So much of what those "of the world" say and even do, outwardly appears to be the same as what Christians say and do. But because the heart of it is not of God, it is destined to fail because man ALWAYS has an ulterior motive when not in Christ. He doesn't have a choice about that because actual love is not in his nature. The sin nature is intrinsically selfish and selfishness is the perfect opposite of love .. godly love. That is the sheep's clothing ... looks like a sheep, smells like a sheep ... but no sheep has teeth like that.

Matthew 7:
        Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
        18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

When a world renowned leader, be it in the political arena or the religious arena that calls for any kind of owo or nwo or owr, etc., even if he doesn't realize it, is not doing any of the oppressed of the world, any favor. If we think there are oppressed now, just wait .. the owo/nwo, headed up by the beast, will oppress like nothing else in history. Nothing thus far even remotely comes close.

Issachar
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Good stuff Issachar.

GH
          I confess the UN is trying to do a great job. Save lives. They have taken pretty much all of Africa, made a list of the villages that need help. Then assigned a church or ministry to each village. They dig wells, get farms up and running. Build schools and provide transportation. Even medical centers. Everything the body needs to survive.

The price?
          We can show the love of God but we aren't allowed to mention the name of Jesus.
          We can save the body but not the soul.

That alone tells us many many things.

The Tower of Babel.
          Last edited by SAT; 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Wow, SAT, I wasn't even thinking about the UN. I consider them just about as palatable as the AC. The works that they do are marginal compared to the amt that is done by Christian organizations on a dollar spent, a dollar results...no comparison.

Eeeewww, hope you don't think I like the UN

I know that Jesus said we would always have the poor among us, and I know that is true. I just hate to see the innocent suffer. I always have and I always will and I praise God that he has given me a soft heart. It is the only way that I was able to practice nursing for all the years I did.

Comment

I know, I know exactly what you mean sister.

I wouldn't want anyone to paint all churches and ministries with the same brush but I also wouldn't assume. I would advise people to listen and read carefully. If necessary ask important questions.

Many just show the love of a generic god. A condition the UN has placed on the churches and ministries to operate in Africa/ the African Union.

Then make your decision who to support.
              Last edited by SAT; 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

PS

Some are even quietly getting grants from the UN so they are obligated to obey.

Comment

Well, they will be the ones to give an account of themselves on judgment day. I don't think you can walk with the devil just to get across the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorify Him View Post
                    I don't think you can walk with the devil just to get across the bridge.
                    I like that, GH - that's good. Uniting with the world ("walking with the devil") is an unequal yoke no matter what the context. I'm not saying we can't work with the world otherwise we would have to leave the world (sounds good to me!) but uniting with it...there's a big difference.

Comment

Thanks Andy. That's an old Southern saying. We Southerners are different than Texans, whom I consider Westerners.

Comment

That's okay, sister, we Texans think anyone that's not a Texan is in another country! lol

Comment

LOL, Andy thanks, I needed that. And when you live in FL anymore, you just about are.

Comment

Same here, believe me. Statistic show in just a few years Hispanics will become the majority (if things keep going as they have been).

Comment

Se habla espanol, senor? I won't even go there. I grew up in Miami when it was a small town before the Cuban revolution and influx. Yes, I can habla poquito espanol, but why on the planet should I need to? My grandparents came here from Austria after WWI, he spoke 7 languages and she spoke 5. English was not among them. Growing up, I never heard them speak anything but English. My mother and her siblings did not speak their parents native tongue. Just English.

Comment

Working...
                              X