No announcement yet.

Aaronic Priesthood- sound right to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaronic Priesthood- sound right to you?

The last couple days when doing my bible reading from the Daily Bread site, I then go and use a site called "BibleTrack: Bible Commentary" http://www.bibletrack.org/

I found what this pastor said here interesting. Probably you all knew this, but it was new to me.

Pay particular attention to Leviticus 21:10, "And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing oil was poured, and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes;" Also, notice the specific instructions given to Aaron, Eleazar and Ithamar after the untimely deaths of their immediate family members in Leviticus 10:6 (see notes), "And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled."

Now, move forward 1,500 years and look at the actions of the High Priest on the day that Jesus was crucified in Matthew 26:65 (see notes), "Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy." It certainly seems plausible that God probably brought on that outburst by the High Priest that day to formally mark the end of the Aaronic Priesthood. From that day forward Jesus Christ would represent the righteousness of God through the priesthood of Melchizedek.

Re: Aaronic Priesthood- sound right to you?

Interesting. I never considered that.

Comment

Working...
    X