Announcement

Collapse

End of WeDG

Hi all,
Due to well over two years of a clear lack of interest in this board, I will be closing it when the hosting is up next month (24 Aug). I see no reason to continue this with the lack of readership and participation.

It's been a wonderful 27+ years, with tons of ups and downs, but with all the excellent resources available to us online via Telegram, YouTube and other platforms - we've outgrown our purpose. I do not believe any huge modification/improvements to the site would help, plus that has always been way beyond my knowledge/skill set.

Y'all know how to reach me.
See more
See less

Israel at war??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel at war??

Israel's next war may be with Gaza, but not Syria
    November 12, 2012
    NO REFEREE

Unlike the Golan, where 1,000 United Nations peacekeepers patrol the farmland and hills separating Syrian and Israeli army positions, Gaza has no referee to keep the peace. It is fenced off, but the Israel army patrols both sides of the fence.
    Fatah: Oslo Accords will cease to exist after UN bid
    November 8, 2012

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=291072

Invoking "the rules", Israel mulls toppling Abbas
    November 14, 2012
    Israel may try to topple President Mahmoud Abbas if he carries out a plan to ask the United Nations this month to upgrade the status of the Palestinian Authority, an official said on Wednesday.
    Newspaper reports say Israel instructed its ambassadors to warn it may revoke all or part of the 1993 Oslo Accords between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organisation, which set up the Palestinian Authority under an interim peace agreement.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...+World+News%29

Israel had clearly indicated they weren't interested in getting into it with Egypt and they didn't. Now they are clearly stating they aren't interested in getting into it with Syria.
    This time around there seems to be more pressure from the Palestinian threats.
    Yeah, we have been down this road once before but this time Israel seems to feel much has changed. And they are right but the question is still "Is this God's timing?"

We are reading things like...

Israeli air strike kills top Hamas commander Jabari
    IAF hits 20 underground sites housing long-range launchers capable of striking Tel Aviv; IDF says Jabari, Hamas's military chief, has "a lot of blood on his hands"; strikes mark start of targeted campaign
    http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=291779

But the elite, imvho, really don't have a major problem with this as they are linked to the enemy in Egypt, Syria, Iran, Tunisia and all the problems in Africa in general. But the threats from Israel, in combination with the Olso comments, could be seen as a threat to reclaim all of Israel.
    No I don't think anyone in the elite take Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman seriously but the fact Lieberman has put this on the table is something the majority of the world will not appreciate.
    We can also take the recent election into consideration.
    Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary after the election indicated..

Mohler says there's a danger that evangelicals won't see this larger lesson — that they will say Obama won because of his unique story and personality.

"No, it was far more than that," he says. "Four states dealt with the issue of same-sex marriage and after 31 to 33 straight victories, we've been handed a rather comprehensive set of defeats on the issue of the integrity of marriage."
    http://m.npr.org/news/front/164711265

But the Oslo Accord and what Israel is saying in this article is a whole other kettle of fish. Plus, things have changed.
    If, and I do stress "if", Israel does keep to this line we may see even more division among the few even in our little world of friends and acquaintances. Never mind the influential world of friends and acquaintances, even "Christian" friends and acquaintancess, of our leaders. Compassion for the Palestinians may rise
    What Israel has stated may well bring the "world" to Israel, to be sure it doesn't happen and Israel doesn't reclaim the land.
    But jmvho
    Last edited by SAT; 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM.

Re: Israel

Hi SAT. I saw this as well. thanks for posting for discussion. Frankly I am getting tired of the endless accords/agreements/understandings/etc. We know the whole world will come against Jerusalem...get on with it! The only opinion that matters is His opinion (that of the God of Israel). IF God is with Israel, and the return to the Land is His doing, then I put my shekel with Israel. We are IMHO about to see some really big shaking (yes that probably includes the economic system of the world) including earthquakes when the God of Israel roars. That will be something to see, hopefully from a distance!
    PS a word to the wise...avoid a military deployment to the area associated with any deal to divide up the Land...

PS: here is the video of IAF attack you spoke about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6U2Z...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Warning
      When watching the video don't turn away. It is short and quick

Comment

Originally posted by HSB View Post
        Hi SAT. I saw this as well. thanks for posting for discussion. Frankly I am getting tired of the endless accords/agreements/understandings/etc. We know the whole world will come against Jerusalem...get on with it! The only opinion that matters is His opinion (that of the God of Israel). IF God is with Israel, and the return to the Land is His doing, then I put my shekel with Israel. We are IMHO about to see some really big shaking (yes that probably includes the economic system of the world) including earthquakes when the God of Israel roars. That will be something to see, hopefully from a distance!
        PS a word to the wise...avoid a military deployment to the area associated with any deal to divide up the Land...

PS: here is the video of IAF attack you spoke about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6U2Z...ature=youtu.be

Agree. Unfortunately, the wise seem fewer and fewer. Relying more on sight and emotion, what seems right to them, then the Word of God.

Which brings up the addition Rice/Bush added to assure the Arabs.
        The battle Bibi has been facing to keep international troops from entering Israel

The troops Abbas and the Arab world already agreed on and would like to see.

Can the world really back away from their promise now, if Israel continues to threaten to reclaim Israel?

Plus the need of the world to prove they mean to standby the ideology they have been professing to the Arab world of the equality of all religions.
        Last edited by SAT; 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Abbas and the Arab leaders heard it.

Palestinian leader Abbas calls for urgent Arab meeting
          http://news.yahoo.com/palestinian-le...zNhNw--;_ylv=3

Comment

Fiscal uncertainty, Middle East weigh on Wall Street
            Wall Street off 1 percent on budget, Middle East woes
            http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8AB08Y20121114

Mordechai said Israel was both responding to a surge in Palestinian rocket salvoes earlier this week and trying to prevent Hamas and other Palestinian factions from building up their arsenals further.

Among the targets of Wednesday's air strikes were underground caches of longer-range Hamas rockets, he said.

Asked if Israel might send in ground forces, Mordechai said: "There are preparations, and if we are required to, the option of an entry by ground is available."

OBAMA BRIEFED

Israeli President Shimon Peres briefed U.S. President Barack Obama on the operation, Peres's office said in a statement. He told Obama that Jaabari was a "mass-murderer" and his killing was Israel's response to Palestinian rocket attacks from Gaza.

"Israel is not interested in stoking the flames, but for the past five days there has been constant missile fire at Israel and mothers and children cannot sleep quietly at night," said Peres, who visited the border town of Sderot earlier.
            http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8AD0WP20121114

From post one
            Invoking "the rules", Israel mulls toppling Abbas
            November 14, 2012

Quote:
            Israel may try to topple President Mahmoud Abbas if he carries out a plan to ask the United Nations this month to upgrade the status of the Palestinian Authority, an official said on Wednesday.

Quote:
            Newspaper reports say Israel instructed its ambassadors to warn it may revoke all or part of the 1993 Oslo Accords between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organisation, which set up the Palestinian Authority under an interim peace agreement.
            Last edited by SAT; 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting these links and video.

This morning in the hospital's waiting room, they had the tv on CNN. Of course, they were talking about Israel killing the Hamas leader. I made the comment (out loud ) "They never report the hundreds of rockets shot into Israel on a daily basis from Gaza.". A few people looked at me as if that was the first they had heard about the rockets.....and it probably was.

As HSB mentioned, events are going to start accelerating!
              Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Has anyone heard from ; Jerry Golden , David Dolan , Avi Lipkin ?

Here are two different News Sources i just was at, and their posts.
                - - - - -

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162104

More than 80 Rockets Fired at Southern Israel
                Gaza-based terrorists fire a barrage of rockets at southern Israel. Iron Dome intercepts 20 of the rockets.

Defense/Security

= = = = =

http://www.watch.org/

Featured News
                Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012 08:38:39 PM EDT

Egypt recalls ambassador
                after Jabari hit

Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012 08:37:04 PM EDT

Gaza rocket fire persists;
                gov't okays IDF reserves
                call-up

Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012 04:39:41 PM EDT
                IDF kills top Hamas commander;
                prepares for ground offensive

Comment

More and more people/entities/institutions/businesses/countries are coming up with more and more reasons why they shouldn't have to put up with Israel anymore. Make Israel disappear and all their problems will be solved. They are gravely mistaken.

I so agree about all the treaties and negotiations that are going on. Humans want that brass ring prize for bringing peace to the world. It's never ever ever going to happen that way. That prize will go to someone one day though..and it will be utterly false and very short lived.

Comment

"Israel is not interested in stoking the flames, but for the past five days there has been constant missile fire at Israel and mothers and children cannot sleep quietly at night," said Peres, who visited the border town of Sderot earlier.
                    More than 80 Rockets Fired at Southern Israel
                    Gaza-based terrorists fire a barrage of rockets at southern Israel. Iron Dome intercepts 20 of the rockets.
                    Aggravating! I can talk to just about any Christian outside the Calvary Chapel fellowship I am part of, about this matter, and draw blank stares. They have not heard of this. They are not interested in this. "It doesn't matter to us" "How do you know if this is true?"

With things already accelerating more than they were before obama's election, I have to wonder about it after his inauguration.

Sad and exciting times ...

Issachar
                    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                      Aggravating! I can talk to just about any Christian . . . and draw blank stares. They have not heard of this. They are not interested in this. "It doesn't matter to us"
                      The deception runs deep, my friend. Deeply, we see, even into "Christian" circles.

Comment

Timing and the new reality.
                        Once again, all the major players have come out firmly in support of Israel re Gaza and the discussion within Israel of also taking back the West Bank is being ignored.
                        All the articles this morning are saying the Palestinians are counting on Egypt because of the Moslem Brotherhood connection.
                        But Egypt desperately needs a 5 billion dollar loan from the IMF and all the major players have stated their aid is dependent on IMF approval of that loan as a sign of conforming.
                        Plus, during the last terrorist event in the Sinia the Egyptian soldiers had a mini revolt as they didn't have enough or even proper weaponry to deal with a small number of terrorist. Egypt had to allow Israel to step in and help. Which could also explain why Morsi asked Obama to convince Israel to stop.
                        Iran? Syria?
                        Syria is a write off and Iran is struggling to keep it's head above water and do what it can for Syria.
                        Radical terrorist are being spread out pretty thin and about to face a major offensive in Mali.
                        Last edited by SAT; 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

The Arab League
                          This article from Monday on the vote re Syria shows the divide that has been set up among the Sunni and Shiite countries.
                          Arab League gives hesitant welcome to Syria opposition coalition
                          http://news.yahoo.com/arab-league-gi...VQUG0A3QHQtDMD
                          Yep we are talking Israel, so there will be condemnation and calls for the US and EU to do something. But the Sunnis will also be facing the battle between Shiite and Sunni in a predominantly Shiite offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
                            Aggravating! I can talk to just about any Christian outside the Calvary Chapel fellowship I am part of, about this matter, and draw blank stares.

With things already accelerating more than they were before obama's election, I have to wonder about it after his inauguration.

Sad and exciting times ...

Issachar
                            I agree, I have made it a point to mention the events in Israel when teaching
                            the youth at my church, I can tell from there reactions that either they don't hear it anywhere else or they don't notice it if it's mentioned.

Comment

From an earlier post..
                              Asked if Israel might send in ground forces, Mordechai said: "There are preparations, and if we are required to, the option of an entry by ground is available."
                              http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8AD0WP20121114

Today..
                              Knesset authorizes immediate draft of reservists
                              Bar-On: Israel does not want to harm innocent residents of Gaza
                              The Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee unanimously authorized on Thursday Defense Minister Ehud Barak's request to enlist reservists and declare a "special status" for towns within 40 km from Gaza.

The IDF will issue "order nine," which is an irregular order in cases of emergency for reservists to immediately report to duty. The committee did not release the number of reservists that will be called.

"The residents of the south are in the real line of fire, and only their strength will allow the IDF to meet its capabilities," Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee chairman Ronnie Bar-On (Kadima) said.
                              http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=292047

Comment

Working...
                              X