Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Koenig/NYC's mayor's decisions days prior to Hurricane Sandy/just interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Koenig/NYC's mayor's decisions days prior to Hurricane Sandy/just interesting

New York Governor Cuomo and NYC Mayor Bloomberg
    pushed hard for gay marriage in New York

Mayor Bloomberg said in July New York City had become a destination for same-sex weddings, benefiting the economy.

Monday, October 22:
    NYC’s Mayor gives $500,000 to gay marriage campaigns;
    pledges additional $10 million

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is poised to spend $500,000 of his personal fortune on gay marriage campaigns in Maine, Minnesota and Washington state, he said Monday, following up on a major political spending push the billionaire businessman-turned-politician announced last week.

Bloomberg already had established himself as an outspoken, and generous, supporter of same-sex marriage. He unveiled a $250,000 contribution to a Maryland gay marriage effort earlier this month and has backed four New York Republican senators who crossed party lines to vote for legalizing gay marriage in the state last year. Monday's move deepened Bloomberg's involvement in the issue outside New York, and it reflected his vow to give at least $10 million by Election Day to moderate candidates and to ballot initiatives supporting gay marriage and other issues around the country.

Tuesday, October 23:
    New York’s Highest Court Rejects Same-Sex Marriage Appeal

New York’s highest court refused to hear a challenge to the state’s same-sex marriage law after an appeals court ruled earlier this year that legislators didn’t violate open-meeting laws in passing the measure.

Wednesday, October 24:
    Bloomberg boosts Governor O'Malley
    in Maryland gay marriage fight

New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, who saw his state's governor (and potential 2016 hopeful) Andrew Cuomo get the lion's share of credit for a gay marriage bill in 2011 that Bloomberg pushed heavily for, lends a hand to another 2016 prospect, Gov. Martin O'Malley of Maryland.

Re: Bill Koenig/NYC's mayor's decisions days prior to Hurricane Sandy/just interestin

This thread, especially starting in post #20 about New York specifically, also links to another thread, which is more about New York and it's so called "gay marriage" laws.

The first thread linked to above, in post #12 there, also contains a link to a list of corporations that support this iniquity. (Note my post #23 at the second link above concerning my use of the term "iniquity.")

lamb&lion (post #16 at second link above), are you very close to the devastation in New york? Are you doing ok?

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
    X