Oddly Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddly Missing?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the lack of TV ads by the Presidential candidates? Or perhaps it's a regional/state thing where they don't bother spending money in some states that they figure is already decided?

Really strange - seems this is the first time that's ever happened.

Re: Oddly Missing?

My wife and I don't watch the tee vee, so we turned on the local news tonight to see about your comment.

Wall to wall political ads. I'm not sure there has been anything else on, in the way of commercials. They say Ohio is a "critical state" in the election. Maybe that's why?

It's apparent I'm still not missing anything leaving the thing off.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

(((Andy))) they have actually addressed this issue on the Fox political news/opinion shows. Some states are considered "decided and safe", I assume TX is going for Romney. So, they aren't spending ad $ there. But here in FL, which is considered up for grabs, we are still getting inundated. Consider yourself blessed.

Comment

Yeah, I sorta had a feeling. We have some political ads going on but they're for State stuff like our State Senator...nothing Presidential and I'm sure it's because we're a pretty set "Red" state.

Comment

Here in Colorado, a swing state, we get political ads 24X7. And robo calls. Tons of them. I tried blocking them, but there are too many, from all over the country.

Consider yourself lucky Andy that both candidates consider Texas a red state. I doubt there are many ads in Illinois, California, or New York either.

wlnf

Comment

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound View Post
            Here in Colorado, a swing state, we get political ads 24X7. And robo calls. Tons of them. I tried blocking them, but there are too many, from all over the country.

Consider yourself lucky Andy that both candidates consider Texas a red state. I doubt there are many ads in Illinois, California, or New York either.

wlnf
            I don't know about NY. The storm and people's access to easy voting could change this somewhat imho. Believe it or not, it really is only the 5 Boroughs that tend to be flamingly liberal. Outside of NYC, Queens, etc, New Yorkers are fairly moderate people. It's like trying to figure out what CA is like by just looking at LA.

Comment

I believe the out come if the democrats win will be a huge hullabaloo about people not being able to vote because of the storm--and they will fight for some concessions or invalidity of the election. If they win of course it wont be an issue.

Comment

Working...
              X