Question for all regarding election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for all regarding election

I don't have really anyone to ask and I haven't seen this brought up on Fox News or anywhere, so maybe you guys have an answer.

This is in regards to the election and also the Benghazi attack.

It seems like this Benghazi situation will not be fully looked into until after the elections. And it seems that every day more and more is coming out that looks pretty bad for this administration.

What happens if Mr. O gets reelected and this Benghazi situation blows up in his face? What happens if this is the new Watergate on steriods and Mr. O is impeached? Will this leave us with VP Biden. Heaven forbid!!!!

What are your thoughts on this?

Re: Question for all regarding election

If, heaven forbid, O is reelected, the investigation will likely go nowhere.

Comment

Without question of "O" were removed from office, for any reason, now or later, Biden would be President. What I don't remember from American History is if he would remain there for the full term or would there be another election before the 4 years is up. Personally, I wouldn't see Biden staying very long before he, too, would be removed but - God is Ruler over all and I don't propose to know His mind.

Comment

The Vice-President would serve until 2016.

Comment

Right, it's just like when Ford was President. the only way you could have had a special election is if the office of President and Vice President were both vacant before the 25th Amendment, as I understnd it. A classic example I've heard of is the guy John Wilkes Booth hired to kill Andrew Johnson the same night doesn't go off and get drunk instead. The President Pro Tempore - I think his name was Lafayette Foster, he was from Connecticut - would have served till March 4, 1866 with a special election held in November of 1865. The 4 year cycle would have continued fromt here then.

With the passing of the 25th Amendment, though, it was made clear that the new President would serve the remainder of the 4 year term, even if it happens to be the House Speaker.

If President Obama were to be re-elected, I can see a scenario where if the Democrats grow more dissatisfied with him (and I have heard that some are) they could use Benghazi as a sword of Damacles of sorts, allowing them to push forward an investigation if he should fail to meet their expectations. So, I don't think it'll go nowhere, necessarily, but that Democrats might push it forward if they feel Biden would better further their agenda. Which would probably put the MSM against those Democrats.

That would be interesting, but I hope Romney wins so we don't hve to see what would happen.
          Last edited by Doug Fowler; 11-01-2012, 09:40 AM. Reason: Was thinking of my example when I wrote "both died in office," edited to clarify it was just vacancy in the office
          My books for sale http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore
          Please print, pass on these items:
          http://biblebloggenesis.blogspot.com/ May start other books
          http://takethespirituallead.blogspot.com/-Fr. 2 Kings 4, spiritual leadership in difficult families

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Fowler View Post
            If President Obama were to be re-elected, I can see a scenario where if the Democrats grow more dissatisfied with him (and I have heard that some are) they could use Benghazi as a sword of Damacles of sorts, allowing them to push forward an investigation if he should fail to meet their expectations.
            Doug,

While I agree with your conclusion (disgruntled democrats might use Benghazi to oust Pres. Obama) I personally don't agree with the predicate (that O might continue to dissapoint his fellow dems).

Here is my personal prediction. If Obama is re-elected, which could very well happen, I think he will come out of campaign mode and thrill the extreme left beyond their wildest dreams. Second term presidents aren't looking for re-election any more. I think they view the next 4 years as their shot at really making their mark on history and accomplishing what their heart desires most.

Apart from obamacare and his numerous extreme left czars he has not yet given the far left everything they hoped he would. I think if he does win, and particularly if the dems regain the house, then we'll see left wing hard ball politics like the world has never seen. Even without the house he may just marginalize congress and fulfill his agenda through unconstitutional means.

IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJ View Post
              Doug,

While I agree with your conclusion (disgruntled democrats might use Benghazi to oust Pres. Obama) I personally don't agree with the predicate (that O might continue to dissapoint his fellow dems).

Here is my personal prediction. If Obama is re-elected, which could very well happen, I think he will come out of campaign mode and thrill the extreme left beyond their wildest dreams. Second term presidents aren't looking for re-election any more. I think they view the next 4 years as their shot at really making their mark on history and accomplishing what their heart desires most.

Apart from obamacare and his numerous extreme left czars he has not yet given the far left everything they hoped he would. I think if he does win, and particularly if the dems regain the house, then we'll see left wing hard ball politics like the world has never seen. Even without the house he may just marginalize congress and fulfill his agenda through unconstitutional means.

IMHO
              Nows that's truly lawless.

Comment

Working...
              X