Chuck Norris' dire warning for America - 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris' dire warning for America - 2012

Last edited by Andy; 10-31-2012, 09:49 PM. Reason: Removed the option for suggested videos - really filthy stuff showed up

Re: Chuck Norris' dire warning for America - 2012

that was good. I really like Chuck Norris and his wife, too.

Comment

Good video.

Seems like this election cycle the Evangelical Church has really come out and encouraged prayer and action.

Comment

Faith,

That was an eye-opener. 30 mil. Evangelicals did not vote in 2008. Let's hope and pray that we help our fellow countrymen and actually vote to elect men who have roots here in America and have worked to get where they are. Are R & R perfect...no. But it would be nice to know that someone who cares about this country is in charge again.

This country was saved from the non loyalty of Jimmy Carter in 1980. We have come to the same crossroads again. Patriotism is a virtue. I believe this dictates that we vote. Good to post again on WEDG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          Faith,

That was an eye-opener. 30 mil. Evangelicals did not vote in 2008. Let's hope and pray that we help our fellow countrymen and actually vote to elect men who have roots here in America and have worked to get where they are. Are R & R perfect...no. But it would be nice to know that someone who cares about this country is in charge again.

This country was saved from the non loyalty of Jimmy Carter in 1980. We have come to the same crossroads again. Patriotism is a virtue. I believe this dictates that we vote. Good to post again on WEDG!!
          Hey Jay! Yeah, hoping & praying the election is fair, but really concerned about MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD of all types. All we can do is get the truth out as much as possible and then VOTE AND PRAY.

Comment

Now Rasmussen (the well-known pollster) says Wisconsin (my state) may be the key state of the entire election. if O gets Ohio, which is the most organized Dem stat and should see rampant fraud.

Our conservative radio guy out of Milwaukee gives the Dems only 3 points for fraud in WI (they are not as organized as in OH. The WI GOP has rallied in WI the last two years and are battle ready. So he says we have to win by 4-5 points just to eke out a win. Everyone will need to talk to friends family neighbors..every vote counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Faith,

That was an eye-opener. 30 mil. Evangelicals did not vote in 2008.
              That is a staggering statistic. Can you imagine the difference that would be made if they all voted?

Comment

Seeking Him

Originally posted by Seeking Him View Post
                That is a staggering statistic. Can you imagine the difference that would be made if they all voted?
                Yeah, that would be a HUGE DIFFERENCE, Seeking Him! A funny thing I heard was that conservatives are PLEADING for all conservatives to vote this time around to help cover all the percentage of 'dead people' that will be voting again. lol Sad, but so true! Guess the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE might be real! :P They also have people voting more than once with variations of their name and illegals voting in states where they only have to show a utility bill as ID. ahhhhhhhhh! On news they caught a lib saying that it's ez to fake a utility bill. ugh!!!

Anyway, just had to throw some humor into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by faith
                  ... conservatives are PLEADING for all conservatives to vote this time around to help cover all the percentage of 'dead people' that will be voting again.
                  The number of dead that will be voting, will be MUCH larger than many realize.

Ephesians 2:
                  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Issachar, glad to have been made alive ... for eternity! by the blood of the Lamb ..
                  The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I normally remain very quiet in this type of thread but I just have to ask.

So is it the 'fault' of the 30-million conservatives that didn't vote that Obama has been in office these almost 4 years?

I'm just wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      I normally remain very quiet in this type of thread but I just have to ask.

So is it the 'fault' of the 30-million conservatives that didn't vote that Obama has been in office these almost 4 years?

I'm just wondering...
                      I've given this question a lot of thought and finally decided to venture a reply. However, knowing your position on voting, I think the question is more accurately phrased "does the reader believe it is the fault of ....". I also want to preface my answer by saying this reply is not an attempt to change your mind regarding your concientious choice to abstain from voting. This is what it is; an attempt to answer the question that I think you have asked. One more caveat, to avoid chasing rabbits, let's begin with the presumption that in spite of rampant voter fraud election outcomes are still determined largly by the voters.

Now to the answer. I think the presence of Obama in the oval office is partially the result of the 30 million, but not for the obvious reason, pure numbers and majorities. We agree on this I'm sure, that no person is in office except by God's sovereign will. Voters are part of how he carries out his will, but ultimately God raises leaders up and takes them down.

Here is another point on which I feel pretty sure we can agree; we have a responsibility to resist the spread of evil wherever it is in our power to do so. Paul (who I believe to be the author of the book of Hebrews) chided the reader in his letter saying "you have not resisted unto blood striving against sin". Perhaps he is talking about resisting temptation, but I don't think so. I think he is talking about our corporate responsibility to hold each other up in the faith, striving against the spread of evil in the body of Christ. Within the church we have been given tools, so to speak, to carry out that responsibility. Church discipline is one tool we have been given to accomplish that end.

Here is where we part ways philisophically/theologically. I think God established this nation for His purposes and he gave us the vote as a means for participating in His plan. Here is where I get to the real answer, finally. Most of the 30 million, I would venture to say, did not stay home for the same reason you did, concientious objection. Most of the 30 million stayed home out of apathy. One political party in this nation is conspicuously pro-abortion and pro-homosexual. It's a blight on our nation. God will judge the righteous if they sit back and do nothing to resist evil when it is in their power to do so.

Ultimately, President Obama is a judgement of God on this nation for the apathy of the righteous who he appointed to represent Him in His holiness. God did indeed raise up Pres. Obama and His reason for doing so is reflected in the apathy of the 30 million who remained silent on election day.

IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJ View Post
                        Obama and His reason for doing so is reflected in the apathy of the 30 million who remained silent on election day.

IMHO
                        I agreed with you all the way up to this last statement. I do not believe that a Christian who chooses to fight evil by praying and spreading the Word of God, versus voting, can be characterized as an apathetic Christian/conservative. Since Paul also said our struggles are not with flesh and blood but are instead spiritual I would have to take a long look at the passages that talk about these things.

I, too, am not out here to change anyone's mind but I have to admit that I get a little offended when I hear well-meaning believers really give me verbal thrashing (not directly but when I am told, over and over, that we MUST do something and I am convinced that scripture tells me otherwise then it's hard not to take the things that are said, over and over, just a bit personal) because I stand with a very few others that see a very clear picture from scripture of a believer that does NOT involve himself/herself in the politics of the world.

I know I have real struggles with pride and this time of year is quite an experience of humiliation to me as I am very much in the minority and am quite often accused of not being a very good Christian (again, indirectly).

This thread, and quite frankly, your last statement is an example of this. I believe those that truly know me would disagree with an assessment of apathy but in the end the Lord is the judge of this and His opinion is all that should matter.

Comment

Most of the 30 million stayed home out of apathy.
                          Notice the word "most". That indicates that not all who stayed home did so out of apathy. If you deliberately chose to not vote, especially with lots of thought and prayer, then you obviously don't fit into the "most" category. Do you have complete peace regarding your decision? I, personally, don't understand your choice -- but it is between you and God. God doesn't always call everyone to the same path...

Comment

I'm sorry, Ridgerider, but I am not seeing a "Most" in the original statement and I still don't...maybe I'm missing something (although I've done browser searches for the word, "Most" w/o finding it).

However, I should hasten to say that knowing my brother MichaelJ as I have for lo these many years I'm sure "Most" is what he meant but even with that I would submit that this is a judgment call that perhaps may not be accurate. I know some conservatives that are just fed up with the whole mess...voting for the "lesser of two evils" or just "wasting a vote by voting for someone that doesn't stand a chance". So they just don't bother.

Anyway, onward and upward. If you're interested in the reason and what scriptures we use let me know via PM.

Comment

Mrs. Norris:

Our only hope is for each of us to make sure we have not only registered to vote in the primary and general elections for 2012 but to make sure our voices are heard by casting our vote on Election Day.
                              Our only hope...??

Wow...I am beyond baffled.

Here is what I submit (hesitantly):

Every single Christian could stay home and pray on election day - or every single Christian could go out and party on that day - and God's will would still be accomplished. God doesn't need a single human, or any other created thing, to "help" him accomplish His will. Amazingly to me, I know that in any other context 99% of mature believers would agree with this statement yet somehow with this there is an overwhelming consensus that what she stated is absolutely true. It's truly, the "only hope we have".

He raises up kings and kingdoms and He takes them away. And He doesn't need anyone to help that to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X