Age of Deceit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Deceit

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this movie? My wife and I just learned about it today and watched it this evening. A lot of it is very interesting, imo.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Re: Age of Deceit

Thankyou so much for that brother! That was flat out awesome! I have a million thoughts on this and will post them later when I can assemble them into something coherent.

J.E.S.U.S. I.S. L.O.R.D.

Comment

The 'Age of Deceit' talks about something profoundly disturbing happening in order to have the vast majority of the world wondering after the beast,something that will tip them in his favour so to speak.I think it will be the realization that they may all be about to die.Most probably in a nuclear confrontation between those aweful monotheistic religious people ie:Israel and islam.Satan,I think,is using islam to instill into the world a dread and hatred of the one true God and those who say we all worship the same God are doing us no favours.Ever notice whenever the latest islamic outrage happens folks outomatically think 'religion' is the problem? Not islam but religion itself and especially those who say there is only one God.

To whit...

When the true messiah returns there will be a new temple built,armageddon will have just happened,the sheep and the goats will have been separated and there will then be a golden age of peace.

If there is a massive war at or around the beginning of the trib the antichrist will claim that that was armageddon,the rapture was actually the separating of the sheep and goats,the peace treaty (covenant of death)between Israel and her enemies will then allow the rebuilding of the temple and the world will now now enter a golden age of peace (read 'new age').

Many will be deceived when when the antichrist points to scripture and tells the world."I" have ended armageddon,"I" have finally brokered peace in the middle east,"I" have separated the sheep and the goats,"I" will now help the Jews build the Ezekial temple and the world will now have peace because of "ME" who else could I be but your messiah?

The whole world will wonder after this person and no surprise,since in many minds he will have just saved the world from the brink of (possibly) nuclear devastation.Anyone who,from then on,pronounces this person to be the very devil himself will not be popular.

Now there's a powerfull deception that,if it were possible,could deceive the very elect

In short I think the antichrist will use the scriptures to prove he is the one.Many who have a sloppy understanding of God's Word will nod their heads sagely in agreement and that is why sites such as this are sorely needed.

Personally,I think we will see a devastating war begin but I don't think we will see it end.Not from this vantage point anyway.In the world's eyes it is we who are the goats and they will be thanking (who they believe is) God that we are no longer here to hinder the wonderfull new golden age of man.

Just before all this happens,I believe the true church of God will be (as I said in another post) taking up the Sword with renewed vigor to slash,hack,burn and lay waste to any and all who oppose His kingdom,to bring in that final harvest and then we will all be gone.The world will breathe one massive sigh of relief...and then there will be hell on earth.

Comment

wow ... thanks Mitch. Great observations. A lot to consider.

One of the points I personally found interesting in the video is from 13:15 to ~14:30. It is about the temptation in the garden from Genesis 3.

I found it particularly interesting because the Lord has led me to a study on that matter, several weeks ago .. and continues. I believe what happened there .. maybe I can be accused of being a captain obvious here .. is at the root of all of human history. Before the temptation and Eve's succumbing to it, God was the One with the full knowledge of good and evil. I say "full" because Adam and Eve also had a bit of knowledge as in: Ok to eat of the fruit of all these trees ... except this one. What is good and what is evil, is to come from the mind of God. But when tempted .. "has God said? .. you shall be as gods, knowing good from evil." .. by giving in to the temptation, mankind set himself up as a source of what is good and what is evil. But a very flawed source is he.

Even worse, everyone has their own ideas about what is good and what is evil. Of course, this leads to the conflicts throughout the ages. All the so called "secret societies" that have existed and do exist .. all of them .. supposedly each have some "secret knowledge" as to what is good and what is evil and how things should be accordingly. So even among themselves, there is strife. That must be though given it is all rooted in darkness where the "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4) rules. A "god" that knows first hand, the prophecy of Genesis 3:15; a "god" already defeated at the cross and the resurrection, where death, this false god's realm, was overcome. In Him; in our Lord, Jesus, is Life.

Also in Him, being subject to Him, following His lead, we no longer need concern ourselves with what is good and what is evil. That is God's knowledge and it is truth. Following His lead is good. Doing what we want, instead, is evil.

Mankind spends way too much time in God's face going, "Oh ya? .. OH YA?!! C'mon!!" So much like the schoolyard bully. But Christ, patient as all get out, at that right moment, will, with one blow, flatten His enemies .. permanently.

So ya .. in the garden some 6,000ish years ago, mankind separated himself from the true knowledge of good and evil and took it upon himself to decide that which is good and that which is evil. It doesn't work. We weren't designed for that.

Issachar .. hopefully not wandering around too much ...
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Great discussion, guys!
          Lots to learn here.

Comment

"...by giving in to the temptation, mankind set himself up as a source of what is good and what is evil. But a very flawed source is he."

Aint that the truth!

"...every man did that which was right in his own eyes" (Judges 21:25)

"Even worse, everyone has their own ideas about what is good and what is evil."

Yes and eventually evil ends up being called good and good is called evil and as you say,we end up with truckloads of woe!

When those who profess Christianity do those things they end up being as wise as doves and as harmless as serpents!

"But Christ, patient as all get out, at that right moment, will, with one blow, flatten His enemies .. permanently."

So true brother...

"...who is mine adversary? let him come near to me." " Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain..." (Isaiah 50:8,Zechariah 4:7)

"...took it upon himself to decide that which is good and that which is evil. It doesn't work. We weren't designed for that."

No we weren't and while the world is fond of saying "follow your heart" (because good intentions always bring good outcomes...cough...cough) God tells us "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

In the grand cosmic scheme of things we are all little children stumbling around constantly out-smarting ourselves and the biggest bully of all loves it but he will in the end receive the ultimate smack-down....."And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly" (Romans 16:20)

Comment

Just re-reading your post Issachar and want to comment further...

"All the so called "secret societies" that have existed and do exist .. all of them .. supposedly each have some "secret knowledge" as to what is good and what is evil and how things should be accordingly"

I think what so much of it boils down to is that people simply do not realize that what we possess in the Bible is the message of the Creator,the cosmic observer,to those who He created in His own image and that it is,in every sense of the word a bonifide extra-terrestrial artifact.Try wrapping your head around that! Never mind little green men.The living God has placed it right under our nose!

If that fact actually sunk in people would bust a gut laughing at any and all so-called 'secret knowledge' because in reality,compared to what God has revealed to us,it amounts to little more than flatulence in a hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
                ... it amounts to little more than flatulence in a hurricane.
                LOL! You need to post more often sir.

Yes .. so true that the actual TRUTH of the Creator IS written down for us and given to us. As you say, under our noses. But that dastardly aspect of the sin nature; that which makes man think he is a god, keeps most from recognizing anything outside of themselves as being God.

Only the gospel .. the preaching of the cross .. can open some eyes.

Issachar

Comment

Just discovered that there is a Age of Deceit 2 movie:

Issachar

Comment

I have been able, way back in the dim ages to investigate the Rosicrucians and the Masons... both tried to suck me in... What I learned from their writings is that these poor deluded souls have been decieved by extreemly well written theologies masquerading as ancient science and wisdom...... the Rosicrucians reinact the ancient Babylonian temple rituals worship "dieties" none other than fallen angels(Ascended masters) & demonic spirits...

The Masons have books of "ancient wisdom" I was able to read that were the most outrageous combination of half truths, lies and really bad lies.... Re writing "history" in their image....

the hightest (or lowest) parts of these groups unite in their luciferian worship thinking themselves to be god-men decieved into believing they will become immortal beings of light once they leave this mortal coil ........

Comment

Still falling for the old lie: "4) and the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" Genesis 3: 4-5

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, Mitch!
                        And I complete agree. Satan tried to use just a slight twist of scripture to deceive Jesus - of course the Son of God was incapable of falling for any sin but - the heart of the unregenerate man? Piece of cake to do exactly as you said. Use "scripture" to deceive.

Comment

Okay, I'm making my way through this fascinating video.
                          At around the 1:39 mark (1 hour, 39 min) he says something to the effect of, "God can turn anything into good" and I agree. Then he says that God is commanding us not to engage in these things for our own good. We cannot know whether who/what we've contacted is of God or of the devil.

This REALLY helps me understand king Saul going to the witch and she was able to contact Samuel. Not that I understand how it could have been Samuel, based on other scriptures, but at least I think that's an example where God did allow a wicked person that practices witchcraft actually somehow contact the real spirit of Samuel, who then (in some way) communicated back to Saul. Guess I always assumed every attempt to "channel" resulted in speaking to an evil spirit and perhaps, with this ONE exception with Samuel, this is true.

I'm rambling...but somehow this helped me!

Comment

Working...
                          X