Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abraham born 1948 (after creation)/Israel born 1948 (after Christ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham born 1948 (after creation)/Israel born 1948 (after Christ)

I was just looking through a number of links saying Abraham was born 1948 years after creation (Adam) and Israel became a nation in 1948 after Christ as we know.

First time I saw that.
    Last edited by cnav; 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM.

Re: Abraham born 1948 (after creation)/Israel born 1948 (after Christ)

That is an excellent find!

Comment

That's very interesting indeed! Makes me wonder if there is any patterns with the covenants as well

Comment

A very reliable source of info on this and other ages/dates:

it is straight event-to-event math, with the number of generations that are included between the "bookend" events being irrelevant. The 19 sequential links in this unbroken chain are given in the chart below.

Accordingly, using generous qualifications for gestation periods and for partial years, the qualified timeframe "links" become:

Least time: 130 + 105 + 90 + 70 + 65 + 162 + 65 + 187 + 182 + 600 + 2 + 35 + 30 + 34 + 30 + 32 + 30 + 29 + 70 = not less than 1,948 years

Most time: 131 + 107 + 92 + 72 + 67 + 164 + 67 + 189 + 184 + 602 + 3 + 37 + 32 + 36 + 32 + 34 + 32 + 31 + 73 = not more than 1,985 years (roughly 1/3 of all time!)3

There is no good excuse for doubting this biblical chronology data, especially since these event-to-event timeframe "links" all connect in sequence, so "open" - versus - "closed" genealogy arguments are irrelevant.4

Therefore, the total earth-time in years from God's creation of Adam to the birth of Abraham cannot be more than 1,985 years, although it is likely somewhat less than that,5 yet it cannot be less than 1,948 years. Add 5 days,6 and you have the age of the earth when Abraham arrived here. It was a young earth into which Abraham was born--absolutely!
        Anyone interested in dates/ages in the beginning, would absolutely love this book: "Adam's Synchronological Chart or Maps of History". I just received it about a week ago and trust me .. you can spend a LOT of time with it as it shows The Biblical History Timeline in parallel with many other historical events. The chart is like 22 feet long (6.7 meters for you fine friends to the north) but is folded in a way and bound in a hard cover, so you can also just look at it as a "book" ... a 28 inch (71.1 cm) tall book! It comes with a great "teacher's guide" too.

Issachar, loves history from a biblical perspective ..
        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

OK, decided I would make a comment. I am aware that the traditional genealogy has 1948 years from Adam to Abraham. There is a little problem that concerns the birth of Jesus being in 3 or 4 BC which would make it actually about 1951 years from the birth of Jesus (the second Adam) to the birth of modern Israel. However here is a bigger problem. While Gen 11:26 indicates Terah had children at 70 years and Abraham is listed first of the three sons, we do not in fact know what the birth order was. We do know according to Gen 12:4 that Abraham left Haran at age 75. We also know from Acts 7:4 that he left after father Terah had died. We also know that Terah died at 205 according to Gen 11:32. Thus the very earliest age that Terah had Abraham as son was when he was 130 (i.e. 205 - 75) not 70. So Abraham was born at least 2008 years after Adam not 1948. If the Scriptures are accurate (and they are) then Abraham could not have been born 1948 years after Adam.

Comment

I bought Ussher's annals of world history. From Berean Call I think. Anyway it is a very thick book and suppose to give an excellent account of biblical history. I decided that it was a wonderful book when in the first chapter Ussher put October 23rd as the 1 st day of creation..... It also happens to be my birthday

Comment

Working...
            X