This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Signs in the heavens

I did a little more research on possible signs in the heavens on the Fall Feasts of 2011.

Feast of Trumphets (Rosh Hashanah) On the Gregorian Calendar
    sunset September 28, 2011 - nightfall September 30, 2011
    Revelation 12, with the woman (Virgo) and the Moon under her feet clothed with the Sun. (Sept. 29th, 2011)
    Alignment of Mercury, Sun, Elenin, Earth on Sept. 27 plus new moon
    Elenin only 0.381 AU from the Earth

On Oct. 8th, 2011 (Yom Kippur)
    Draconids meteor shower
    Alluded to in Revelation 12 with the Dragon casting its stars to the ground.

http://www.space.com/8604-nasa-prepa...or-shower.html
    NASA is assessing the risk to spacecraft posed by the upcoming 2011 Draconid meteor shower, a seven-hour storm of tiny space rocks that has the potential to ding major Earth-orbiting spacecraft like the crewed International Space Station and Hubble Space Telescope.
    Current meteor forecast models project a strong Draconid outburst, possibly a full-blown storm, on Oct. 8, 2011

Oct. 17th, 2011 Right in the middle of Sukkot, Feast of Tabernacles (Oct 13-19)
    Elenin passing closest point to Earth on Oct 17 at 0.232 AU from Earth

Oct. 21st, Simchat Torah, "Rejoicing in the Law", right after Sukkot, the completing the annual reading of the Torah
    Elenin entering Earth's orbit ahead of the earth after the closest point of approach, possibly leaving a big trail of debris on the earth?

Comment

Cool stuff --I would like to have understanding before hand from the Word and heavenly observation --but when we look back after the fulfillment have happened , we will be amazed at the accuracy of the Word and giggle at our musings and putting together of the pieces.

I think God in heaven is amused and delighted with our excitement about his coming and the fulfillment of proph.

WEndy

Comment

New Comet Found; May Be Visible From Earth in 2013

There's a newfound comet closing in on the sun, and when it gets here in 2013, you may be able to see it with your naked eye.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...space-science/

Comment

Oh, I sincerely hope we are Raptured long before this new comet gets here in 2013, Debbie, and before these constellation show up on the Jewish feast days this year!!!

That was a great idea to plot the constellations, Wendy. So cool, if these constellations and signs in the heavens are fulfilled on these festival days (which are actually rehearsals), just as our own technology and software predict and happen to line up with God's Word!

Comment

Solar Storm Warning in 2011 or 2012??
            The sun's conveyor belt is a current, not of water, but of electrically-conducting gas. It flows in a loop from the sun's equator to the poles and back again. Just as the Great Ocean Conveyor Belt controls weather on Earth, this solar conveyor belt controls weather on the sun. Specifically, it controls the sunspot cycle.
            All this happens with massive slowness. "It takes about 40 years for the belt to complete one loop," says Hathaway. The speed varies "anywhere from a 50-year pace (slow) to a 30-year pace (fast)."

When the belt is turning "fast," it means that lots of magnetic fields are being swept up, and that a future sunspot cycle is going to be intense. This is a basis for forecasting: "The belt was turning fast in 1986-1996," says Hathaway. "Old magnetic fields swept up then should re-appear as big sunspots in 2010-2011."

Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

"History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."
            http://science.nasa.gov/science-news..._stormwarning/

Comment

Here are a couple of FoxNews reports about this very thing from 2009, talking about a big hole in the earth's magnetic field and the super solar storm predicted by NASA in 2012.

Comment

Maybe I should add this here too, it goes along with this stuff.

carrington effect

Solar flares were first observed on the Sun by Richard Christopher Carrington and independently by Richard Hodgson in 1859 [3] as localized visible brightenings of small areas within a sunspot group. Stellar flares have also been observed on a variety of other stars.

The frequency of occurrence of solar flares varies, from several per day when the Sun is particularly "active" to less than one every week when the Sun is "quiet", following the 11-year cycle (the solar cycle). Large flares are less frequent than smaller ones.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_flare

May 6, 2008: At 11:18 AM on the cloudless morning of Thursday, September 1, 1859, 33-year-old Richard Carrington—widely acknowledged to be one of England's foremost solar astronomers—was in his well-appointed private observatory. Just as usual on every sunny day, his telescope was projecting an 11-inch-wide image of the sun on a screen, and Carrington skillfully drew the sunspots he saw.

"What Carrington saw was a white-light solar flare—a magnetic explosion on the sun," explains David Hathaway, solar physics team lead at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.

Now we know that solar flares happen frequently, especially during solar sunspot maximum. Most betray their existence by releasing X-rays (recorded by X-ray telescopes in space) and radio noise (recorded by radio telescopes in space and on Earth). In Carrington's day, however, there were no X-ray satellites or radio telescopes. No one knew flares existed until that September morning when one super-flare produced enough light to rival the brightness of the sun itself.

"It's rare that one can actually see the brightening of the solar surface," says Hathaway. "It takes a lot of energy to heat up the surface of the sun!"

more
                http://science1.nasa.gov/science-new...rringtonflare/

Solar Flare This Week Illuminated Power Grid's Vulnerability

The solar wind burst is expected to deliver only a 'glancing blow' to Earth's magnetic field, but such currents can trip key transmission lines and damage transformers irreversibly

A massive burst of solar wind that erupted from the sun Tuesday is expected to deliver only a "glancing blow" to the Earth's vulnerable magnetic field, NASA officials said yesterday. But it will preview what some experts call a potentially existential threat to the power grids of the United States and other nations, and the populations that depend on them.

more
                http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-vulnerability

'Controlled' power cuts likely as Sun storm threatens national grid

Officials in Britain and the United States are preparing to make controlled power cuts to their national electricity supplies in response to a warning of a possible powerful solar storm hitting the Earth. In an interview with The Independent, Thomas Bogdan, director of the US Space Weather Prediction Centre, said that controlled power "outages" will protect the National Electricity Grids against damage which could take months or even years to repair should a large solar storm collide with the Earth without any precautions being taken.

The most vulnerable parts of the grid are the hundreds of transformers connected to power lines many miles long that can experience sudden current surges during a geomagnetic solar storm, Dr Bogdan said. "It points to a potential scenario where large parts of either North America or northern Europe may be without power from between days or weeks, to perhaps months and, in extreme cases, there are estimates that it could last years," Dr Bogdan said.

The aim of the joint US-UK collaboration is to improve solar weather forecasting to a point where it is possible to warn power companies of an imminent storm. There is a feeling that if a "category 5" solar storm – the biggest of the five categories – were to be predicted, then taking the grid off-line before it is due to hit Earth and letting the storm pass would be better than trying to keep things running, he said.

In 1989, a solar geomagentic storm knocked out the electricity grid across large parts of Canada. The loss cascaded across the United States and caused power problems as far away as California. The greatest fear is a massive storm as big as the one documented by astronomer Richard Carrington in 1859, which burnt out telegraph wires.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...d-2296748.html

Comment

ASTEROID OCCULTATION: On July 3rd at 11:05:30 p.m. EDT, a 10th magnitude star in Virgo will disappear. It'll be right back. Asteroid 52 Europa will pass in front of TYC 0292-00339-1, blotting it out for only 17.9 seconds in an eclipse visible across a wide strip of North America. Measurements of the eclipse could reveal the shape of the asteroid, the seventh largest in the asteroid belt.

http://spaceweather.com/

Comment

Jewish Messianic Pastor Mark Biltz did a study back in 2008 and this video below is with Pastor Ray Bently at Maranatha Chapel. I am not sure of the date of this video. Maybe 2009.

He talks about blood moons (lunar eclipses) occurring on Passover and Sukkoth (Feast of Tabernacles) in 2014 and on Passover and Tabernacles in 2015. The only other times 4 blood moons back to back called tetrads, occurred in history was in 1967 on Passover/Tabernacles and 1968 on Passover/Tabernacles; also in 1949 on Passover/Tabernacles and 1950 on Passover/Tabernacles. Also 4 blood moons back to back on Passover/Tabernacles 1493 and 1494.

I don't think the meanings of Passover (Jesus slain) or Sukkoth (Millennium reign) are significant, but what Bently said.

1492 = All Jews were expelled from Spain when Columbus set sail

1948 = Israel became a nation

1967 = Israel recaptured Jerusalem

2014, 2015 = begins the A of D? Time of Jabob's Trouble? Severe persecution of Jews?? Has to do with Israel... not the Rapture...

2014 or 2015 can't begin the Tribulation because the Rapture didn't take place in '07/'08.... but it could signify the midway point of the 70th week of Daniel when severe Jewish persecution takes place.

And IF these years signify the A of D, and if you subtract 3.5 years from Passover/Succoth 2014, and Passover/Succoth 2015, a certain event would have to happen around... (just doing the math...)

Passover 2014 minus 3.5 years is March 2011
                    Sukkoth 2014 minus 3.5 years is September 2011 (wow!)

Passover 2015 minus 3.5 is March 2012
                    Sukkoth 2015 minus 3.5 is August 2012

('course the A of D could happen any day of those years instead of the feast day so that big event we're longing for could take place any day but I'd bet on Trumpets because God is so precise ...IMHO)

This site also gives a very simplified explanation. I recommend it.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread712567/pg1

Also in 2008 Biltz does an other interview about the blood moon and in these same years when there were total solar eclipses on other feast days and on the 9th of Av. Very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q9TP...eature=related
                    Last edited by Butterfly; 07-03-2011, 08:49 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Hey, I did a search on "moon turn to blood" in Bible Gateway and guess what?

It gives me 3 Scriptures

Joel 2:31
                      Joel 2:30-32 (in Context) Joel 2 (Whole Chapter)

Acts 2:20 -- Quoting Joel 2
                      Acts 2:19-21 (in Context) Acts 2 (Whole Chapter)

Revelation 6:12
                      Revelation 6:11-13 (in Context) Revelation 6 (Whole Chapter)

If I'm not mistaken Rev. 6:11-13 is midway through the Tribulation!!!

The first 4 seals are the 4 horsemen. The 5th seal shows the souls of those slain for their faith in Jesus. They ask when their blood will be avenged. They are told to wait until the full number of their brothers and sisters are killed.

The 6th seal opens with a great earthquake, the sun turns black, the moon turns blood red, the sky recedes, the islands and mountains move from their place, and the politicians hide in the caves.

It seems to me that this great earthquake with the black sun and red moon would mark the end of the first 3.5 years of the Tribulation where everything seems good for the Jews, until the AC sets up the Abomination in their new Temple and then they run for their lives.

In the next chapters the 144,000 Jews are sealed and then the 7th seal opens the 7 trumpet and bowl judgments where the judgments get extremely horrifying. The first Trumpet begins the Great Tribulation, the last 3.5 years, correct?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's just so interesting.

We've known since 2008 that there will be 2 blood moons (which is a sun and moon eclipse) on Passover and Sukkoth in 2014 and 2 blood moons on Passover and Sukkoth in 2015, and given the significant events when these signs in the sun and moon occurred on these same feast days in the past, I just get excited about the possible significance! Unless, this information is somehow contrived or wrong....

But if it means that the start of the Great Tribulation (middle of the 70th Week) is in 2014 or 2015.... oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!! This year or next year and of course we won't know which day or hour...

Comment

Can someone Post* like Andy posted the actual Video.

Does, this guy know what he's talking about?

7/5/2011 -- Global Earthquake and Volcano overview -- threat of large quake on horizon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UdJ...el_video_title

bbl

Comment

Here ya go, sister.

Comment

Wow! This guy really knows his stuff! I knew there was a 4.0 earthquake this morning in New Zealand, so I was listening to hear him talk about it but he didn't.

He said right at the 11:50 timer on the video, "If you live in New Zealand, watch out. You're not out of the woods yet, another 4, 5, or 6, definitely a 4 or 5.."

He said he made the video at 2:41 am Central Standard Time on 7/5/11.

The 4.0 earthquake in New Zealand occurred at 8.21 am NZ Standard Time on 7/6/11, which is on 7/5/11 U.S. time since NZ is a day ahead of U.S time.

In other words, the earthquake happened within a day of his prediction! Someone can figure out the hours I'm sure. He got the last earthquake prediction right on also in the Pacific Rim of Fire, remember?

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/latest.html

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly View Post
                              http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22...Elenin-Update-

According to Chabad.org Rosh Hashanah begins sundown 9/28/11, of course the Feast of Trumpets really starts with the new moon which is one of 2 days when the sliver appears so it could appear 9/27/11 or 9/28/11. So, there will be a Mercury-Sun-Elenin-Earth-Moon alignment.

Not date setting.
                              I am getting into this discussion late and blame it on getting too consumed with my new house purchase (my little god unfortunately - I Repent), but wanted to point out that some have said because Rosh occurs over 2 days, it had a special name? Since the Priests did not have the ability to know exactly which of the 2 days they would see the first "sliver" of the moon, they called it THE DAY NO MAN KNOWS THE DAY OR HOUR! I have often wondered if this was God winking and giving us a hint of when He will return?

I stumbled on this site, which also recounts a lot of what has been presented with some possible new information, if interested:

http://signsofchristreturn.com/default.htm

Comment

7-6-11, a 7.9 earthquake hit just off of New Zealand. Kermadec Islands. Tsunami warning issued for Auckland New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                                X