X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Signs in the heavens

Wednesday, 5 August 2015
    The most powerful storm in the world: 220mph Super Typhoon "Soudelor" barrels towards Taiwan! Islands battered by 45ft waves flips cars along streets

Expected to reach southern Japan on Thursday, then China and Taiwan, stronger than Cyclone Pam which killed 15 in Vanuatu earlier this year
    An immense Super Typhoon is on a collision course with Japan, China and Taiwan after devastating a group of tiny islands in the Pacific Ocean.

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2015/08/...r-barrels.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks, John H. I was actually disappointed to learn that this was not the first time that this has occurred again since the star of Bethlehem appeared to announce Jesus' birth in 3 BC. I think I read and probably misunderstood some where that this was the situation, which it is not. I automatically got excited because I thought the current appearance HAD to announce His second coming! I guess that was wishful thinking. Things are happening all around us but it's still exciting to see signs and wonders that can't be called "normal",that are not happening fairly regularly. Obviously, other than paying attention to the full moons, I'm not much of an astronomer!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by SueC View Post
    I was initially so excited about the return of the "star of Bethlehem". For some reason, I thought I'd read that it was the first return since Christ's birth and that got me really revved up prophetically. Then I read further that it happens fairly regularly and will happen again in the not too distant future. Does anyone else have any insight in to this? Thanks!
    Here's more!

Spectacular Venus-Jupiter conjunction

On June 30 and July 1, 2015, look for the sky’s brightest and second-brightest planets to stage their closest conjunction until August, 2016. Venus and Jupiter will be less than one-half degree apart. That’s less than the moon’s diameter on our sky’s dome.

Venus is currently about to pass between the sun and Earth. It will sweep some 8 degrees S. of the sun on August 15. Meanwhile, Earth passed between Jupiter and the sun in February, 2015. So Jupiter and Venus are nowhere near each other in space. (bold is mine)

And yet, as we look outward from Earth, we see these two planets aligned on nearly the same line of sight. (see picture)
    The following might be of more interest? Not sure how often this occurs, however?

Also, be sure to circle July 18, 2015 on your calendar. Venus will be almost in conjunction with the star Regulus, brightest star in the constellation Leo the Lion. On July 18, the crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter will all fit within a circle sporting a diameter of less than four degrees (approximately two finger-widths at an arms length). Don’t miss out on this close-knit celestial grouping on July 18, featuring the moon, Venus and Jupiter – the brightest, second-brightest and third-brightest orbs of nighttime, respectively.
    http://earthsky.org/tonight/see-venu...y-after-sunset

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I was initially so excited about the return of the "star of Bethlehem". For some reason, I thought I'd read that it was the first return since Christ's birth and that got me really revved up prophetically. Then I read further that it happens fairly regularly and will happen again in the not too distant future. Does anyone else have any insight in to this? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Watch the stars: Star of Bethlehem returns soon, watch for planets
    http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/l....html?mode=jqm

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by WasLostNowFound View Post
    How? Something to do with magnetism?

wlnf
    wlnf, don't recall but probably?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by John H. View Post
    I think Dutch suggests that these strikes can, also, earthquake activity? The 6.3 quake in the Japan area, today, may or may not be related?
    How? Something to do with magnetism?

wlnf

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

EARTHSKY // TODAY'S IMAGE RELEASE DATE: JUN 23, 2015
    Geomagnetic storm strikes. Awesome auroras!

Storms on the sun send giant plasma clouds across space, which interact with Earth’s magnetic field. See photos of auroras in U.S. and similar latitudes Monday night!

A geomagnetic storm classified G4 – a very strong storm (bold mine) – took place last night (June 22-23, 2015), sparking displays of auroras, or northern lights. The reports we saw had them as far south as the U.S. state of Virginia and similar latitudes, but we might hear of even more southerly sightings today. The last on this scale happened in March, when auroras were seen as far south as New Mexico. The display might last into the night of June 23-24. Your best chance to catch auroras is to find a country location, far from city lights.

http://earthsky.org/todays-image/geo...b2a1-394175453
    I think Dutch suggests that these strikes can, also, earthquake activity? The 6.3 quake in the Japan area, today, may or may not be related?

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied

Ahh - YEP! Sure did!
    Lemme move it...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Andy View Post
    This one was felt by my stepdaughter. I don't know where exactly she was but...
    http://earthquaketrack.com/quakes/20...4-29-utc-3-3-5
    Andy, just noticed this! Think you placed it in the wrong thread?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Severe storms bring flash flooding, abundant hail to St. Louis region
    Posted 9:26 am, April 7, 2015, by Shirley Washington and Chris Higgins, Updated at 01:06pm, April 7, 2015
    ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Strong to severe thunderstorms brought large hail and pouring rain to much of the St. Louis region Tuesday morning. As the storms moved in, viewers reported golf ball sized hail around Warrenton and Augusta. Then the hail became extensive, blanketing the ground in quarter to half-dollar size ice pellets in west St. Louis County.

http://fox2now.com/2015/04/07/live-u...r-in-st-louis/
    The hail was so large and voluminous that it actually clogged the storm sewers, causing flooding. Scroll down to the 2nd item and watch the video. It looks like they had a snow storm!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Does wandering Jupiter account for our strange solar system?
    Jupiter may have swept through the early solar system like a wrecking ball, destroying a first generation of inner planets before retreating into its current orbit.

Scientists say Jupiter swept through the inner solar system, setting off a series of collisions that smashed a first generation of inner planets to pieces, before it retreated into its current orbit. That’s according to a new study published yesterday (March 23) in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The findings help explain why our solar system is so different from the hundreds of other planetary systems that astronomers have discovered in recent years.

Our solar system is looking increasingly like an oddball.
    I would say our solar system appears to be Privileged! Oh, there is a book, by that name, that explains that! And it explains how Jupiter now shields Earth from a lot of the large asteroids and space debris that would, otherwise, routinely hit us!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Everything you need to know: Vernal equinox 2015

The March equinox signals the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. It marks that special moment when the sun crosses the celestial equator going from south to north. In 2015, this equinox arrives on March 20 at 22:45 UTC, or 5:45 p.m. Central Daylight Time. Here’s what we in the Northern Hemisphere know about this equinox. Our sunrise is earlier now, and nightfall comes later. Plants are sprouting. Winds are softening. For us in the Northern Hemisphere, people are enjoying the warmer days of spring. Meanwhile, south of the equator, autumn begins. There is also a total eclipse of the sun at this 2015 March equinox.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essent...83e8-394175453

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Another thing going on in the Heavens, this week!

Powerful space storm hits Earth

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -
    A geomagnetic storm that government scientists rate as severe hit the planet on Tuesday morning.

The storm rated as a G4 on a NOAA scale, which tops out at G5. It's the strongest storm that's happened in the current solar cycle, which lasts 11 years.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2854030...orm-hits-earth

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Solar eclipse to disrupt power supplies
    Eclipse to block out 95 per cent of sunlight in parts of Europe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...-supplies.html
    This is not to be confused with the Blood Red Moon on April 4th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X