Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me sick

handcuffed by policy

It's a story about a guy drowning himself while a crowd looked on. Reading the article you can understand why the first responders were powerless to act, but it still sickens me.

Re: This makes me sick

Kinda reminds me of H.G Wells 'Time machine'. The Eloi would watch one of their own get taken, and then just turn around and walk away.

Comment

How very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Humble View Post
        Kinda reminds me of H.G Wells 'Time machine'. The Eloi would watch one of their own get taken, and then just turn around and walk away.
        That's good, Humble...and very true. I remember that part. And here we are right there today in our culture. Where death is so 'ho-hum' that someone can do what this poor soul did and everyone just sits idly by and watches with morbid curiosity but certainly ZERO concern.

Sick and sad.

Comment

That got to be highly spiritual … ugg

Comment

the man kept looking back at the people watching him as if to say "is anyone gonna help save me from myself?"...that's what I got out of it....it is sickening.

Comment

As for the people standing around watching rather than helping, it reminds me of a 18 year old girl who lived down the road from me. About 8 months ago, she flipped her truck about 2 miles away from where we live. She was trapped and could not get out. One guy was trying to get others to help get her out before the truck caught on fire. They stood there watching and listening to her scream I don't want to die like this, and did nothing. The guy who was trying to get them to help said there was enough time, and enough people standing around they could have flipped the truck back up and got her out, he was very distraught over no one willing to help. He said the only comfort he found in it all was he thought God had taken her before she caught fire because her body went limp a few minutes before. She was a Christian, so we know she is in a better place. But, my, how people have grown cold.

Comment

But, my, how people have grown cold.
                Mat 24:12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.

This morning in my neck of the woods, a man went on a shooting spree and killed 5 people before he turned the gun on himself.
                Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Originally posted by JudyAnn View Post
                  Mat 24:12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.

This morning in my neck of the woods, a man went on a shooting spree and killed 5 people before he turned the gun on himself.
                  Exactly the verse I was thinking of when I said that. It's sad to watch, hear and read about. What kind of mindset must one be in to do things like that. I'm sure glad the Lord brought me to him, I can't imagine what life without him would be, what kind of mindset I'd be in, the kind of things I would do in the world today as it is now.

Comment

In the article, it says that the city did not have the funding available to train the fire dept. on how to rescue someone in this situation.

The things that the state of California spends/wastes money on is incredibly long .. but they don't have money to train people how to help someone in this situation.

Issachar
                    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Working...
                    X