X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds Mandate Tracking Device Be Installed On All New Cars

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/201...ed-cars-22935/

Re: Feds Mandate Tracking Device Be Installed On All New Cars

Yet another reason not to buy a new car...
    Look, it's for your safety.
    Yeah, I don't buy that either.

Comment

Originally posted by gregstien View Post
      Look, it's for your safety.
      Yeah, I don't buy that either.
      They need these kind of excuses, to bring these big brother things out which will work up to the mark of the beast and also a police state where they will be watching everything we do. If you walk, they will have one of these in your shoes one day lol..

Comment

cornerstone33

your right. i posted a LINK-site sometime back.

Unless Ya' can find 1970's vintage Clothes, wellll ;
        we're pretty-much rfid'd'd'd

Comment

Originally posted by gregstien View Post
          Yea, most of the newer cars take an electronic technican to fix them. Older cars requiew an actual mechanic. And they sure are a lot easier to work on under the ole shade tree. Of course, when you do need to take it to a mechanic, they will probably tell you that they have this new fangled contraption that they will install and it will fix everything....

Actually, some car manufaturers have been putting them in for some time. Insurance companies love the idea of a black box, set to record on a 5 - 20 second loop, it can record speed, bracking, sudden changes in steering, all just before the impact and air bag deployment. Law Enforcement can then use the data to help determine just who was a fault.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/24/n...rs-next-month/

Next thing you know, insurance companies will be advertising the benefits of them, and they'll probably even give you a discount if your "data" indicates you are a safe driver. Wait, there's one {progressive} company that already advertises taking a snapshot of you...by Flo no less.

Comment

The oldest model I have at work is a 1997 Taurus, and that has a PCM (computer) in it. When they started diagnosing cars with a laptop, I didn't think it was mechanic anymore either.

Comment

Working...
            X