USD Oil Shiite Sunni Middle East Uprisings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Oil Shiite Sunni Middle East Uprisings

Sorry I don't have time to develop this thought right now .. and maybe it is already happening elsewhere on here .. but moving is taking just about all my time right now ... should be in new place next weekend.

But I'm wondering as I sort/pack, how is the U.S. determining to support rebels or governments in the ME? Could it be a sunni/shiite thing? Sunnis are in charge of most oil production .. I think. So whether the sunnis are "rebels" or "government" that's how it's determined? Most oil must be traded in USD's. Shiites don't care about that ... so it behooves the U.S. (BIG TIME) to keep oil traded in USD.

It’s All About the Dollar

The fiat US dollar only survives as the world’s reserve currency because the majority of the oil producers demand payment in dollars. The important significance of this was detailed in Anthony Wile’s recent "Mid-East Conflict Not Exactly About Oil" which appeared last week in The Daily Bell. Although Iran now sells oil in other currencies, the other major oil-producing nations still demand payment for oil in US dollars thus requiring ALL nations to utilize dollars as a reserve currency. Quoting Tony, "That is if they wanted to buy any oil – as dollars were what the Saudis and the rest of the OPEC members would accept. This created the effect of an ever-growing demand for dollars. And like any Ponzi scheme, you need an ever-expanding base of demand, or else it crumbles, which they all eventually do."
    source

Just some thoughts based on bits-&-pieces ... Back to the moving thing ...

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Re: USD Oil Shiite Sunni Middle East Uprisings

Issachar: thanks for posting. there always is "news behind the news". Happy packing. I have wondered on what basis the West supports or undermines players in ME countries...the article gives a solid explanation.

Comment

Re: USD Oil Shiite Sunni Middle East Uprisings

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/wo...diplomacy.html

Interests of Saudi Arabia and Iran Collide, With the U.S. in the Middle

Comment

Working...
      X