WeDGie in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeDGie in Japan

Please forgive me if I've missed this and I completely forget who it is - lame.
    But don't we have a Wedg member that lives in Japan?

I cannot for the life of me remember who it is, but that doesn't mean that I've forgotten one of you are there and have been praying for you and your family.

Again, I'm so sorry if I've missed it in the threads below, but I looked over them and couldn't find it.

Any info would be awesome.
    Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Seeking Him; 07-06-2011, 01:55 PM.

Re: WeDGie in Japan

I did a search on Japan and found this, Tammy:

Originally posted by abiding love View Post
    Please if you have time will you say a prayer for my youngest daughter? She is getting married in 9 days. Her future husband is in the AirForce and they will be stationed in Japan for a couple of years. She has never been so far away from home. She will need much strength and faith, and this momma is going to need some of that peace too, knowing she/they will be so far away.
    Thank you.....
    I don't know if they are still there or not. abiding love - please check in and let us know.

Praying.

Comment

MANY years ago .. relatively speaking of this board .. there was a member; Debbie-in-Japan .. or something like that. I always enjoyed most of her posts. Funny thing though .. the last I remember her, she was arguing for why drums should not be used in Christian music. I loved her input on the board though. It doesn't look like she reregistered though when the board went to Andy and Severo. Is that who?

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I was thinking that maybe it was someone in the military. I'm pretty sure it was a man. hmmmm...
        Last edited by Seeking Him; 07-06-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Hi Tammy,

Are you thinking of John R. in Korea? At least, I think that's where he posts from.
          A Moment Gone Is Lost Forever
          A Moment In Prayer Will Last Forever

Comment

Originally posted by gail View Post
            Hi Tammy,

Are you thinking of John R. in Korea? At least, I think that's where he posts from.
            Yes, I'm in Korea, but there was Debbie who posted from Japan and I believe there was a gentleman who was in Japan about the same time.

Last edited by Andy; 03-12-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gail View Post
              Hi Tammy,

That's it! Wrong country! whew! Glad John's OK.

Thanks Gail and everyone who tried to help.
              Last edited by Seeking Him; 07-06-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I did a search for "Japan" in the "Location" field of our database of members and came up with nothing.

BTW, folks, that's one thing to consider when you fill in that part of your membership. I have no prob when folks want to be ambiguous or even silent on their location. However, when disasters such as this happens it helps us know who needs to be on the top of our prayer list.

Just something to think about.

Comment

blessed
                  I did a search on Japan and found this, Tammy:

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by abiding love
                  Please if you have time will you say a prayer for my youngest daughter? She is getting married in 9 days. Her future husband is in the AirForce and they will be stationed in Japan for a couple of years. She has never been so far away from home. She will need much strength and faith, and this momma is going to need some of that peace too, knowing she/they will be so far away.
                  Thank you.....
                  I don't know if they are still there or not. abiding love - please check in and let us know.
                  Hi, Yes, I did post this prayer request. My daughter recently married and my son-in-law is in the Airforce and just finishing up Tech School in Texas. They are scheduled to leave for Japan some time in May for three years. We have been monitoring this whole situation very closely. They will be stationed at the military base in Misawa which is about 150 miles north of Sendai where the quake occurred off the coast. Sendai is where the tsunami has caused horrific damage. As far as I have heard none of the military bases in Japan suffered any damage. We have friends in Tokyo and in Osaka and they have reported in that they are fine too. Our friend in Osaka said he did not feel the quake. Osaka is southwest of Tokyo. It was the north eastern prefectures that seemed to have suffered the most. We have not yet heard if anyones posting will be delayed due to this recent disaster. Please pray for all those in Japan. The Japanese people are very kind and need our prayers for salvation, safety and provisions. Please also pray for the servicemen and women and their families that live there now and are scheduled to relocate there. The meltdown of the nuclear plants is a concern now too from what I have seen on the news. A very volatile situation over there right now.
                  Blessings........

Came back to add this link to before and after pictures of devastation.
                  http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm
                  Last edited by abiding love; 03-13-2011, 11:22 AM. Reason: adding link...

Comment

Thank you so much AL for the update.
                    Glad all is well in your corner(s) of the world. I wonder if they will still leave in May.
                    Last edited by Seeking Him; 07-06-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I posted the following in the prayer section....

http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...ad.php?t=33503

Just wanted to share that my son-in-laws orders to the base in north east Japan have been suspended for now. Those in his flight that were going to Japan were told today that their orders to report to Misawa Japan have been put on hold due to the difficulties from the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear reactor problems. This is a blessing.......
                      Please continue to pray for them and of course for those in Japan.
                      Thank you.....

Comment

Working...
                      X