Tony Blair and Rick Warren talk faith, the Middle East and 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Blair and Rick Warren talk faith, the Middle East and 9/11

“Faith teaches you to understand there is something more important than yourself, which is an important principle in working toward a better world. If individuals can see people of faith in action, helping in support of others, it makes this process of globalisation easier,” he said.

“If faith doesn’t have a major role, then the risk is a process of globalisation without values, without beliefs, without conviction.
    http://www.christiantoday.com/articl....911/27629.htm
    Last edited by SAT; 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM.

Re: Tony Blair and Rick Warren talk faith, the Middle East and 9/11

Hmm..makes me think of "Dominion Theology" or "Kingdom Now". I never thought of Warren that way but the more I contemplate that the more it's starting to make sense (all of what he's been doing these past many months).

Comment

Faith teaches you to understand there is something more important than yourself, which is an important principle in working toward a better world.
      THAT is a very telling statement!

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

It is a very compling argument they present. They are building Babel It doesn't matter what religion you belong too, Hindu, Islamic, Christian etc, all have seen or are seeing it built! Which explains why religions are participating.
        It is the need to participate that will bring us into conflict in the Christian world. I know this next statement is.....well...you will see...it has the possibility of other Christians being our biggest enemy(the ones who will turn people in) in the future. Very important note...I do stress "in the future" not an excuse to start treating our brothers and sisters badly but a good reason to keep up and pour out more of the love! lol
        With so many out there predicting the date of the rapture and the chorus of "yeah so where is this rapture you keep talking about?" getting louder it will be important for us Christians to have our feet firmly in the Lord. And a clear understanding of why Babel isn't of God.

As you would say Iss "in the world not of the world"
        Last edited by SAT; 03-08-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Sadly, there is a difference between christianity and Christians. The "religion" of christianity will simply be just one of many that make up the one world religion. More sadly, it will "sound" like the real think in many ways ...

Issachar
          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I totally agree Iss. They even agree and preach on being "born again" it will the "Tower" that divides us.
            The Tower is based on christian principals sooooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Hmm..makes me think of "Dominion Theology" or "Kingdom Now". I never thought of Warren that way but the more I contemplate that the more it's starting to make sense (all of what he's been doing these past many months).
              Hi Andy
              I do agree. Even those who don't profess to be either just feel they are seeing the writing on the wall. And the message is sooooo christian like.

Comment

The possible bible verse that maybe an important heads up or verse for those in the future???
                Sub title
                The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times
                Luke 21:15-17
                14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.

Not other religions??????

We tend to think of the OT, Daniel and Isaiah etc and not the NT but...
                http://wedg.millenniumweekend.org/fo...ad.php?t=34235
                ?????????
                Last edited by SAT; 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

BOTH Rick Warren and Pres Obama want to fundamentially change America and the world........

Warren through his "new Reformation" and Obama through "social justice"
                  IMHO both are code words tword establishing the New World Order....
                  Both "new Reformation" and "social justice" have the SAME Meaning !!!!!

Tradegy is the peons in the pews dont have a clue......

Dominionism, changing the world ourselves through social Christianity so that Jesus can come back seems to be Warrens message....... doing good is not the Gospel ..... and legions of ""good people"" are going to hell.....

If the world is following you, who are you following???
                  The followers of Jesus are despised and rejected, are called hatefull, narrow minded, bigited, people that must be silenced so the Pagan "New Age' can come to pass........

Comment

Go ahead and just try to argue this one.
                    Melinda(Bill) Gates: All lives have equal value
                    With so many Americans struggling to make ends meet, how does an international philanthropist like Melinda Gates convince people to support global causes? In an interview with Yahoo!, Gates said it's as simple as asking Americans to skip their cup of coffee to save a child's life.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsma...VsaW5kYWdhdGVz
                    Of course none of us would!
                    The main principal is soooo Christian.
                    It should be, it is built on Christian ideas. But it is also the foundation of the OWO
                    All lives have equal value
                    And saving a child is the right thing to do.
                    Last edited by SAT; 03-12-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

US involvement in Arab youth pushing for democracy has been going on for sometime.
                      This is from the "Riots" thread just in case you have already read it.
                      http://www.boston.com/news/world/mid...ratic_reforms/

Comment

Working...
                      X