"....Because evil people need to be killed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "....Because evil people need to be killed"

That is why we have armed forces....... quote from former Marine and Congressman Duncan Hunter Jr today at our day to honor Gold Star Families and servicemen past and present.......

Evangelist Sgt Tim Lee preached...other heros talked breifly as well as Former Congressman Duncan Hunter Sr ......

many visitors, 100 got saved .........

Re: "....Because evil people need to be killed"

Evil people .... need Jesus!

And the way God sees us we are ALL evil until we come to Jesus and accept His sacrifice and forgiveness.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

That's the bad news...the good news:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God's desire is to SAVE us, not perish...His love is infinitely greater than anything we can imagine or dream of.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    (emphasis mine)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Evil people .... need Jesus!

And the way God sees us we are ALL evil until we come to Jesus and accept His sacrifice and forgiveness.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

That's the bad news...the good news:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God's desire is to SAVE us, not perish...His love is infinitely greater than anything we can imagine or dream of.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
      (emphasis mine)

AMEN!!!

Comment

On a personal level we try to change peoples hearts by telling them about Jesus......... If these people try to hurt our families personally or our Republic as a society we stop them. The word "republic" means "we the people"...

When we have people shooting at us and bombing us we have the military to hunt them down and kill them before they can kill us........

There is nothing un-Christian about that....... we have a responsibility to protect our society.....

Comment

one of my heros:

http://www.goshen.edu/mqr/Dirk_Willems.html

Comment

Great story, Boston.

I know this has been debated out here (sometimes a bit hotly so I hope it doesn't start to go down that road) but somehow I personally don't see Jesus preaching, "Do unto others...." and "Love your enemies" and "pray for those that despitefully use you..." and then Him picking up a sword to fight the Romans on behalf of His Jewish nation. So, IMHO, this "evil people need to be killed" fails the WWJD test as well as every other example and teaching of the Post-Resurrection scriptures.

Again, just my HO.

Comment

I can also see how a cop shooting a bad guy can be righteous.
              It’s all got to do with heart, no hate or pride need be involved, it’s just something that needs to be done.

God wants none to die, he’s also going to burn the planet with fervent heat.

savior means rescuer, we are on a rescue mission not a search and destroy,
              there is no need – its coming anyway.

not living for now, no need to win here, not taking anything with me, not my kingdom.

Comment

I understand...and agree to a point.

I'm sure I've shared that part of the reason I got out of the military when I did was I got convicted in my conscience about going out and killing (or being part of the 'machine' that did the killing) of whomever the President of the US told me was my enemy. I could see the nation going downhill back then (I separated in 1991) and the thought of a future President telling me Israel was our enemy .... Nope, couldn't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  I understand...and agree to a point.

I'm sure I've shared that part of the reason I got out of the military when I did was I got convicted in my conscience about going out and killing (or being part of the 'machine' that did the killing) of whomever the President of the US told me was my enemy. I could see the nation going downhill back then (I separated in 1991) and the thought of a future President telling me Israel was our enemy .... Nope, couldn't go there.
                  hard decision to make, when you’re a patriot

Comment

Working...
                  X