Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US, Kuwait (and King Juan Carlos?) celebrate 20th anniversary of victory in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US, Kuwait (and King Juan Carlos?) celebrate 20th anniversary of victory in Iraq

http://www.stripes.com/news/u-s-kuwa...-iraq-1.136026

Tanks, troops, armored vehicles, helicopters and barrel-rolling fighters jets streaming red, green and white smoke – the national colors – passed in formation before Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen and other dignitaries including Colin Powell, chairman of the Joint Chiefs in 1991, and Spain’s King Juan Carlos.

Re: US, Kuwait (and King Juan Carlos?) celebrate 20th anniversary of victory in Iraq

http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_...yid=1093395879

Re: picture.....Did King Juan Carlos have something to do with this war?

Comment

Re: US, Kuwait (and King Juan Carlos?) celebrate 20th anniversary of victory in Iraq

Not that I can recall although that was 20 years ago.
      (If I had only stayed in the USAF I would have retired in 2005!)

I don't really have any regrets...I knew at the time the Lord was leading me away from the military it's just sometimes I think about how it might have been retiring from the military.

Comment

Hmmm........again one stands out!

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....#axzz1FDKSjLzC

BEIRUT: President Michel Sleiman held talks Saturday with a number of Arab and international leaders on the sidelines of an official visit to Kuwait to participate in ceremonies marking the 50th anniversary of the Persian Gulf country’s independence.

Sleiman held talks with Syrian President Bashar Assad, his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul, Qatari Prince Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, Spanish King Juan Carlos and Iraqi President Jalal Talbani.

Sleiman’s discussions with the Syrian, Turkish and Qatari heads of states follow the failure of efforts mediated by them, as well as Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz, to break the deadlock between rival Lebanese camps over the Special Tribunal for Lebanon.

Comment

Recap of 5 day Spanish (KJC) diplomacy where the ME is concerned!

Peres meets the King Tues. in Spain, discusses the ME situation and invites him to Israel as his guest.

King visits Medvedev in Russia and speaks with him re:the ME on Thurs/Fri.

King ends up in Kuwait celebrations Sat. where he meets with Lebanese President Michael Sleiman, Syrian President Bashar Assad, his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul, Qatari Prince Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, and Iraqi President Jalal Talbani

Just following interesting meetings!

Comment

Working...
          X