U.S. pledges $150 million to help Egypt's transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. pledges $150 million to help Egypt's transition

"I'm pleased to announce today we will be reprogramming $150 million for Egypt to put ourselves in a position to support the transition there and assist with their economic recovery," Clinton said.
    The United States has urged Egypt's military rulers to push ahead with plans for democratic reforms that can ultimately lead to free and fair elections in the country, which under Mubarak was a longtime U.S. ally.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110217/...gypt_usa_aid_1

Re: U.S. pledges $150 million to help Egypt's transition

And how many people of America voted for this decision?
    Senate?
    House of Reps?

Oh yeah - no one did. Just take $150,000,000 and send it elsewhere..after all, who in this nation needs that kind of money, anyway?

Comment

lol true !
      But they have to
      to put ourselves in a position

Comment

But so far the majority of the GOP seem more worried about cutting funding to the arts etc.
        http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congre...9yZWJhdHRsZXNv
        Then objecting to the above issue ???????

Comment

Which probably has a lot to do with the Tea Party and their actions against the republicans.
          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110217/...y_challenges_2
          As an outside observer when I see stories like this and Obama's recent approval ratings I tend to think this will just divide the Republican even farther.

(Tea Party opponents of Texas State Republican...)
          Texas: Jewish House Speaker Re-elected Despite Smears
          http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/141706

and
          Report: Anti-Semitic fliers target Chicago mayoral candidate Rahm Emanuel
          http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...anuel-1.343588
          Last edited by SAT; 02-17-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

(sarc) Andy, the 150 million will just come out of savings since the U.S. has a lot more money than it needs. Of course, if the U.S. were in debt already, they likely would not be giving this to Egypt. (/sarc)

I do not believe anything, anymore, that comes from our "government."

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

We are not in the position to give 150 million to Egypt. The President needs to STOP spending money we don't have!

Oh yea...I forgot...we'll just print more.
              Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

... and assist with their economic recovery," Clinton said.
                They could give them $5 and save $149,999,995 and be just as effective.

No, that money is not to "help" the nation of Egypt in any way. It's simply buying even more influence there.

Empires "of the world" do that.

Issachar
                The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

But the idea is
                  to put ourselves in a position
                  Like the crash that just happened when Russia, China , the EU and Canada all gave the US money to keep it afloat. Keeping that position becomes very important???????? Especially considering the status of the US debt today.
                  In this globally interconnected world, when you fall from that height you take everyone else with you.
                  Last edited by SAT; 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X