Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vatican preparing to move Pope John Paul's body

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...ohn-pauls-body
    Once the ex-pontiff is beatified, one more miracle will be needed to achieve full sainthood.

Re: Vatican preparing to move Pope John Paul's body

We know they will find a miracle so they can beatify him.....
    Psalm 63:3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.

Comment

Well, if he produces another miracle, I'd like to see it!
      I don't think it's going to happen though, he's been awfully quiet.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/15/wo...pe/15pope.html

Pope John Paul II to Be Beatified May 1

Comment

Benedict said in a decree on Friday that a French nun had been miraculously cured from Parkinson’s disease thanks to John Paul’s intercession. John Paul himself suffered from Parkinson’s. A second miracle is needed for him to become a saint.

Thousands are expected to attend the beatification ceremony, a much-needed bright spot in Benedict’s papacy, which in recent months has been weathering a sex abuse scandal in Europe and violence against Christians in the Middle East.

There is only one mediator between God and man..the man Jesus Christ, healing is to God be the glory...not man!!!!!!

And where in Scripture does it say man can designate a saint?

1 Timothy 2:5
          For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Colossians 2:8
          Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
          Last edited by cnav; 01-14-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cnav View Post

Benedict said in a decree on Friday that a French nun had been miraculously cured from Parkinson’s disease thanks to John Paul’s intercession. John Paul himself suffered from Parkinson’s. A second miracle is needed for him to become a saint.

Thousands are expected to attend the beatification ceremony, a much-needed bright spot in Benedict’s papacy, which in recent months has been weathering a sex abuse scandal in Europe and violence against Christians in the Middle East.

There is only one mediator between God and man..the man Jesus Christ, healing is to God be the glory...not man!!!!!!

And where in Scripture does it say man can designate a saint?

1 Timothy 2:5
            For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Colossians 2:8
            Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
            Not sure how you want to "classify" these, but:
            To the saints who are in Ephesus ...

To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae ...

To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi ...
            How the RC classifies "saints" is not in the biblical sense of being "set apart" and/or "holy" - hagios, so I don't get anymore upset than when a person says "I was born a christian" or other such thing. Sinners do that which comes naturally, believers (true believers) ARE saints, we don't have to be "designated" such by man.

Comment

I agree John!

Comment

Working...
              X