Ready to go home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'M way past ready to go home...

I'm so homesick I can't even see straight. I have not lost anyone really close to me, but I have several friends who have.

Here's a Mercy Me song for all those who have dear one's waiting on the
    other side.

"Homesick"

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
    And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
    But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
    Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
    If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
    Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
    I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
    The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
    But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
    Cause I'm still here so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face

In Christ, there are no goodbye
    And in Christ, there is no end
    So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
    To see you again
    To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
    Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
    Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

I also have brothers and maybe even parents who are not saved.
    I have given each one the gospel and tracks. I am no longer responsible
    for them, God is. I love them, I love my extended family as well, most who
    are not saved. God has each one in his hand, And I can trust him and his mercy to do what is right. God knows who will be saved and who will not.
    My family member are responsible for their own choices, not me.
    Pray for them I will, love them, I will, but take their salvation on as burden
    for myself I will not. I could not carry the load, It would crush me.
    Therefore, I will trust him not to tarry too long, but come in his perfect time.

I would wish for sooner rather than later. Each day here, deepens my
    longing, as I see society sprial down, the planet degrade, and prophecy
    advance.

I don't think there is a word for how I long for Home, to be with My Beloved
    Jesus. As a Bride waits for Her Groom, So I wait for you Jesus!

Debora
    Last edited by Tigerwoman; 09-08-2005, 04:17 PM. Reason: sPELLING

Comment

Re: Ready to go home...

you guys are so funny...

does anyone remember the travel bingos with the road signs you could check off while on long trips in the car? i remember playing that as a kid - usually kept me and my brother from fighting.

kinda wish we had one of those bingo checkoff things for the rapture. except, Jesus is gonna be the one shouting BINGO!!!!!!!!! gee i hope he is looking for the O now...

yet i am still torn about friends and family who are lost...

as willy wonka said - the suspense is awful.... i hope it lasts.

Comment

whether the Lord tarry or haste...

I have heard, and expressed, a longing to go home to be with the Lord. I have also heard a sentiment expressed that longs for the Lord to tarry, lest more loved ones come to a knowlege of the truth. I don't see the sentiments as contradictory. Think about the implications of this verse:

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Piece by piece let me voice my thoughts on this. My understanding of this verse is that for now there is a "blindness in part" that is happened to Israel, in part meaning temporary, not partial. There will come a time when the blindness is lifted, as is implied by the word "until". When the condition is met, there will be a change in status. That condition is that the fullness of the Gentiles have come in. Does that mean that there is a fixed number of potential gentile salvations, like seats on a bus, and when that number is reached the bus leaves? Perhaps, but I think not. I think it means that the Lord knows how many gentiles will come to him and when that last one has made their choice then the bus will leave.

If that is true, it means that whenever the Lord does come tarrying beyond that point would not result in any more souls coming to him. You can extend an offer for a long time, but there is a point at which more time accomplishes nothing. Longing for his coming does not imply a willingness to cut someone out of the kingdom that would have come in if given more time.

There is yet another aspect that is a bit of a 2 edged sword. If the blindness remains in place until the fullness of gentiles comes in, that means each passing day results in more Israelites perishing in their blindness. The same open window that allows more gentiles in, keeps more Israelites out. The sooner we come to the terminus of this age, the sooner the blindness will be lifted and then there will be so many salvations that in Revelation 7:9-17 John describes them as a multitude which no man could number. Those aren't raptured saints, they are tribulation saints.

This whole train of thought is filled with statements based on a particular interpretation. I recognize that not all hold the same view and in such matters we can agree to disagree; these are not doctrines of salvation being described.

Nonetheless, with clear conscience toward all who have not yet come to the truth, I cry out even so come quickly Lord Jesus.
        Last edited by MichaelJ; 09-08-2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I have the same feelings as you all.

I'm just getting tired of all the rampant sin,( lieing, cheating, stealing, unthankfulness, I get tired of the dieing, such as abortions, murders, wars, natural disasters, the rapes, the child abductions.
          Here lately I've gotten to where I hate this world, and long more than I ever have in my life to go on to my Father. Theres nothing down here I want, and I can't wait for the day when I can bow down before my Lord.
          Theres only one thing bothering me, and thats the lost, so I try every chance I can get to witness to people, and if this Sign company up here ever gets my billboard up maybe that will do some good.

Allthingsnew

Comment

I'm way ready; as for my loved ones who may not go in the rapture, I continue to witness to them and feel sure that they will have an awakening after the rapture if they are left behind, which will cause them to believe.

Comment

Every morning when I get up, my cats accompany me to the front door. I open it just enough so they can see outside and I ask the Lord, "Is today the day, Lord?"

II Timothy 4:8 says,
              Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Even though I long to go home to see my dad, brother and grandparents, I still would like to be able to enjoy my brand new, electric blue PT Cruiser and be able to go back to Hawaii in just five weeks from tomorrow!!! And leave more tracts around, too.

I hope to receive more crowns than just this one, but it is a pretty important one. Keep looking up!!

Comment

I still want to kiss my "little man" on top of his warm head.
                But, if today is the day, then that's okay too.

Comment

Working...
                X