Ready to go home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to go home...

I'm so ready to go to our real home in Heaven and wondered how many others feel the same way. Thought this might be a good thread so others could express themselves on this and might be comforted to know others are having the same feelings.
    I feel homesick for a place I can only imagine. And I'm not talking about the grandeur of Heaven, but the love and peace that is waiting there for us. That is what I long for. I've had a lack of interest in my everyday chores and hobbies for quite some time, but it has gotten MUCH more so, and the turning point seems to have been the Israel evacuation. That whole thing was like a nightmare and I just wanted to wake up and realize it was a bad dream, but of course that is not the case. I've been tired and restless at the same time. Nothing satisfies. It's also like being on a long trip somewhere and just wanting to go home and sleep in my own bed for a change. It's weird for me to be this down, I feel like Billy Crystal in one of his older movies, when he couldn't find his smile. Any decision, even the small ones, I have to make, seems like I just second guess it, repeatedly. The one thing I am sure about, is the great need to see His face.That is what will take the emptiness, confusion and sadness away. This surely sounds like rambling but I was trying to portray my feelings as best as I could.

I can almost hear the Holy Spirit whispering "Not much further, we're almost there" like a parent to a child after a long long car trip.

ysic......Shelley

Re: Ready to go home...

Man Oh Man Oh Man do I ever second this motion!

I think I have other factors that are contributing to my current emotional state, so I can't claim that it is owing to any spiritual insight, but Yes, I am so very weary and so very anxious to look into my Fathers eyes and hear him tell me that I'm home.

Comment

I have too many family members going to hell...

I pray He tarries awhile.

Comment

I want to go really bad too but my husband is an atheist and I want him saved soo bad 1st. I can't say which I want more when I want them both right now at the same time...

Comment

This song seems appropiate for the ocassion.
          YBIC,
          Glenn

Soon and Very Soon

Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King (3 times)
          Hallelujah! Hallelujah! We're going to see the King.

No more crying there, we are going to see the King (3 times)

No more dying there, we are going to see the King (3 times)

(text and music by Andrae Crouch 1976

Comment

Hence, the dichotomy.

I've had a lack of interest in my everyday chores and hobbies for quite some time, but it has gotten MUCH more so,
            Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full into His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace.

I just thought of that song when I read your post.

Issachar
            The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Exodus 6:5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.

We are groaning in Egypt (the world) and God has not forgotten His covenant with us - He WILL redeem us from this present, evil world.

Comment

I want to go really bad too but my husband is an atheist and I want him saved soo bad 1st. I can't say which I want more when I want them both right now at the same time...
                Its all good. Paul had the same conundrum in Phillipians.

21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.

Comment

Hang in there folks. Stand up to fight yet another day. Arise and meet the battles.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkling-of-an-eye
                    I'm so ready to go to our real home in Heaven and wondered how many others feel the same way. ysic......Shelley
                    Shelly, I am very ready to go! I can't wait to feel the Love of God flowing through every divine cell of my glorified body! Here's some scripture for you...
                    Romans 8: (22) For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. (23)And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
                    Blessings to you, Shelly, I too hope "we're almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreThanConquerors
                      I have the same dilemma with my family members, one niece in particular, but essentially all members of my sister's family. You love them, hope they see the light, try to talk with them, pray for them, but you just don't know. My niece is an avowed agnostic, her husband an atheist. I just know they will be caught up in the deception of the antichrist, after I have been raptured of course.

WLNF

Comment

You all sound like a bunch of kids in the back seat ... "are we almost there yet?".

I only have one thing to say to that ...

Are we almost there yet?

Issachar
                        The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar
                          You all sound like a bunch of kids in the back seat ... "are we almost there yet?".

I only have one thing to say to that ...

Are we almost there yet?

Issachar

dont make me pull this car over...

do you want me to come back there...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S
                            dont make me pull this car over...

do you want me to come back there...
                            ... and "Sit on your hands!!"

Comment