National Geographic--prophetic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Geographic--prophetic?

The October 2004 issue of National Geographic outlined a scenario which turns out to have been frighteningly accurate. The only thing missing is the final death count of 50,000. The whole article makes for an interesting read.

http://205.188.130.53/ngm/0410/featu...geographic.com
    Last edited by HSB; 09-05-2005, 08:26 AM.

Re: National Geographic--prophetic?

When the rapture comes, some may look the same way at WeDG.

Comment

Originally posted by HSB
      The October 2004 issue of National Geographic outlined a scenario which turns out to have been frighteningly accurate. The only thing missing is the final death count of 50,000. The whole article makes for an interesting read.

http://205.188.130.53/ngm/0410/featu...geographic.com
      This probably came from some other government study that Tim Russert quoted on "Meet the Press" from 2002 (according to their graphic) though Tim said 4 years ago. Either a typo or mispoken as it was about 3 according to the graphic.

Either way, as he read it, it perfectly described exactly what would happen in New Orleans with a Category 3.

Comment

Here's a guy that prophecied about NO back in July. ( I'm not saying he's a prophet, or he's not a prophet). I just found this and thought I would post it.

But the bible does say:

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
        Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

http://www.kimclement.com/words/2005/July222005.htm
        Last edited by Allthingsnew; 09-05-2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Interesting. Of course the Lord says if anything a "prophet" (one who claims to be) has said has not come true, one need not be afraid of him. And he definitely claims to be a prophet.

So my next question would be, did anything he ever prophesy not come true? Anybody know?

I've seen him but must admit not paying too much attention for a couple reasons.

Pretty wild though, I'll admit.

Comment

Unfortunately the story is not prophetic, is not news, and is not really anything more than known geologic facts. I took a course in geology at Jackson Community Collage in Jackson MI in the “80”. The teacher was a geologist out of the coalmines in Pennsylvania. He told of a number of past and ongoing catastrophic disaster situations involving natural and man made conditions involving geologic systems. A river and river delta is a studied and known system where the cause and effect’s of storms, floods, and man’s messing are well documented. The fact that MO was a disaster waiting to happen was well know decades ago. I guess the Nile river delta is even more messed up, due to the large dam and flood controls put in up the river. I seems to me that, unfortunately, this is more of a case of man’s refusal to face the realities of living in God’s creation. We want it always to be our way, with the way we live, eat, do relations and even who God is and how we get to heaven. The real question is why now?

Comment

I don't think the NG article is "prophetic" in the meaning of the word to Christians (namely as an oracle of God) but it does meet the general definition in the dictionary of "1. accurately predicting the future". What I find interesting in this case is that the boundary conditions and consequences were so well known and ignored. I for one was not aware of the FEMA "Big three" listing for disasters: see extract from NG article:

"When did this calamity happen? It hasn't—yet. But the doomsday scenario is not far-fetched. The Federal Emergency Management Agency lists a hurricane strike on New Orleans as one of the most dire threats to the nation, up there with a large earthquake in California or a terrorist attack on New York City. Even the Red Cross no longer opens hurricane shelters in the city, claiming the risk to its workers is too great."

OK so the powers that be had every reson to believe that a disaster was likely to hit NO. Likewise I assume they are ready for a Big Earthquake in California. The inclusion of New York City for a devastating terrorist strike is a bit less obvious. Does anyone know the FEMA rationale behind this inclusion. Notice it did not simply warn of some terrorist action at a large city but specifically named NYC again! What do the bad guys have SPECIFICALLY against NYC that got FEMA attention...the economic/financial hub of the world, the millions of Jews who live there?? Does FEMA give out such information?

Comment

What do the bad guys have SPECIFICALLY against NYC that got FEMA attention...the economic/financial hub of the world
                the economic/financial hub of the AMERICA

that is the rational of why they want to strike it

Comment

Working...
                X