Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forecasters Predict Six More Hurricanes for Season

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/...5O900&apc=9009

A Sequel to Katrina Is All Too Thinkable As Forecasters Predict Six More Hurricanes for Season

Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:29:41 PM

Katrina may seem like the last word in hurricanes, but there is a very real possibility that another major hurricane may hit New Orleans or some other portion of the 200-mile coastline devastated by Katrina in the weeks to come.

"We're not out of the woods yet,"
    said Susan Cutter, director of the University of South Carolina Hazards Research Laboratory. "We're not even in the height of hurricane season."

A forecast released Friday by meteorologists at Colorado State University calls for six more hurricanes by the time the hurricane season ends on Nov. 30, three of them Category 3 or above. On average, about one major hurricane in three makes landfall in the United States.

Re: Forecasters Predict Six More Hurricanes for Season

Yes, more will come. Glad it's noted that hurricane season goes through November 30.

(not saying anyone here but you guys know what I mean)

My predictions (reformatted for easier reading):

1) If it hits Texas, it will be a "message" to the President about Israel.
    2) If it hits Louisiana again, it will be a second "message".
    3) If it hits Aruba, it will be something related to Natalee Holloway and the night life in Aruba.
    4) If it hits Alabama, it will be something related to Natalee Holloway and the night life in Aruba. (She was from Alabama)
    5) If it hits Florida, it will be about Terry Schiavo.
    6) If it hits Arkansas it will be about Clinton (Hillary I guess).
    7) If it hits Mississippi (taking your suggestions on Mississippi - maybe they used too many 's's or 'i's?)

This is how easy it is to link stuff on any tragedy / bad thing to weather. I remember when the shuttle came down with a Jewish air force pilot on board, and parts land in Palestine, Texas. This was a "message" to the President (he's from Texas after all!) about Israel (according to the same guy who thinks every weather disaster is a "message").

Now, if it were to hit Venezuela and Hugo Chavez were taken out, it would be blamed on Pat Robertson.

Last edited by N1095A; 09-05-2005, 02:23 PM.

Comment

What if it hits (my state) mASSachusetts?

Comment

I don't understand how putting "blame" on things, or people, for weather catastophes came to be. Why does there have to be blame for everything? Why can't it just be what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandylion
          I don't understand how putting "blame" on things, or people, for weather catastophes came to be. Why does there have to be blame for everything? Why can't it just be what it is?
          Exactly my point. We're in the hurricane season. Right in the smack of it. When a hurricane happens and destroys and kills, it's a hurricane!!! All this speculation has absolutely no confirmation from God.

When a storm blew down the walls of Job's children, causing the roof to fall in, all of his friends came by to ask him what he had done for God to judge him so. And they didn't believe him and belabored his soul nearly to death. WE DON'T KNOW why or what God has done or allowed and so many, especially one bent on selling books, is speaking presumptiously.

The planet has been under a curse since the fall of man and disaster, unfortunately, is not an uncommon thing. All too often when it happens to someone else, it's "judgement". When it happens to one's self, it's "satan". Those of us who are watching the End Times must be careful not to read too much into some things. At the opposite end of the spectrum is the world that doesn't know the "signs of the times". Hurricanes are not a recent development. However, more populated areas along coastal areas, desirable for commerce and resorts, are. Naturally, more damage occurs now because of this.

Comment

Bear in mind many of these may become "fish", that is to say, recurve out to sea, as Maria is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by T'Bonz
              Bear in mind many of these may become "fish", that is to say, recurve out to sea, as Maria is doing.
              I like that best of all, recurve out to sea and good riddens to it.

Comment

Working...
              X