what they're up against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what they're up against

It's not as simple an operation as it might seem - this is just one example of why the relief effort in the gulf is taking so long:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._hospitals_hk1

Re: what they're up against

As a health care worker....I just can't even begin to imagine what these poor people, care providers and patients alike, are going through. Most everyone I work with this week has been on the verge of depression due to this horrible tragedy. The only bright spot is that we were notified yesterday that our community was getting about 70 people from Louisiana that had nothing but the clothes on their back. As soon as we heard about them hospital employees started collecting needed supplies and opened our main lobby as a collection center. Essentials are stacking up at a pretty fast pace!

Comment

Most people love to help - and I think that would go a long way toward healing this disaster if we could just focus on what we can do to make it better and stop pointing fingers at who messed up. Let's do what we can to fix the situation.

Comment

I heard a comment on a program today, speaking about the news reporters when they go to interview these people on the streets waiting in the hottest heat, what do the reporters do? Some probably have bottled water in a backpack, do they offer a drink to these poor people? Or do they turn a deaf ear to their pleading?

When the storm center predicted the path of the hurricane, they must have thought the storm would pass by without major damage... So...here everyone starts to blame the President for coming so late... How did he know what was to happen? No one knew really how damage there was...Not until they reported it on the news!

Lets not blame someone else for this tragedy.

Comment

Working...
        X