Eagle Gold Coins Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Gold Coins Question

I read that we should have some of these in case of a disaster. I honestly do not know anything about them and would appreciate any suggestions and info you may have.
    ysic...Shelley

Re: Eagle Gold Coins Question

Shelley,

I think New Orleans proves that money is not gonna do you a lick of good in a real disaster. The Bible even says a bag of money won't buy you a loaf of bread (paraphrased).

I fall into the "seek ye first the kingdom"...camp.

Tim

Comment

Shelley -

I personally think that 1oz gold, whether it's Eagles, Maple Leafs, or whatever - are too big. 1/4oz, or even perhaps 1/10oz gold coins would suit me much better. I could likely barter for enough bread to last several days with one or two 1/10oz coins. But is the other person really going to be willing to "make change" if all I have is a big 1oz-er? Not likely. Also, the smaller coins are easier to split up between several pockets - multiple advantages there, too.

Of course the endless debate will be - would gold really have any value for exchange, if the only things of any real value are bread and bullets?

A really good treatise on the value of money and "things" of all kinds is in the movie Waterworld.

Just my thoughts (actually, only part of my thoughts)
      Last edited by PlumBob; 09-02-2005, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Gold coins might help for a while, but...

Isa 2:20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

Comment

problem with gold coins is when you buy something with them word will get around and you will have bandits knocking down your door soon

Comment

Working...
          X