IN KATRINA'S WAKE
    Radio host: No doubt
    'End Times' here
    'Why would divine Providence want this to happen to us now?'

Posted: September 1, 2005
    11:44 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A national talk-radio host believes the severity of Hurricane Katrina is clear evidence that civilization is now in the "End Times" described in the Bible.

"I don't think there's any doubt," George Noory said this morning on his "Coast to Coast AM" program. "I think we're in it. I really do."

While Noory explained he did not mean an imminent end to all life on Earth, he referred to the book of Revelation in the New Testament, saying current events are "the beginning of the end."

I cannot imagine the grief and the horror that the people in Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana are undergoing," Noory said. "I see it, I hear it, but you know what, unless it happens to you, it really doesn't affect you.

"In this particular case, eventually it's going to affect everybody in the United States in some form or fashion. And as you see the price of oil going up, as you see shortages, as you see the price at the grocery store going up, you're going to realize just how serious a tragedy this really is.

"It's time to rethink the priorities of this country first and foremost and I always have in this strange mind I have, I always wonder, why did this have to happen now? Think about that for a moment. If you believe that there are no coincidences, why would this happen? I mean why would divine Providence want this to happen to us now?"

Katrina's storm surge and flooding have some recollecting the post-Christmas tsunami which killed 200,000 people and left up to 5 million in need of basic services in a dozen Indian Ocean nations.

At that time, some people reflected on the End-time warning from the Gospel of Luke, where Jesus stated: "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring ... ." (Luke 21:25)

Noory was joined on the program by former NASA consultant Richard C. Hoagland, who called the flooding situation of New Orleans a "nightmare" and a "disaster waiting to happen."

"This is such a biblical-proportion catastrophe," Hoagland said. "What I am appalled by is the lack of forethought and preplanning to save people from the inevitable. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that someday this city, sitting in a bowl, would have this happen to it, with catastrophic consequences."

Regarding efforts to lower the water level in the Big Easy, Hoagland said, "It is like trying to bail out the Atlantic Ocean with not even a teacup [but] a toothpick."

Those wishing to contribute to hurricane relief efforts can donate to the Salvation Army online or by calling 1-800-725-2769. Red Cross donations can be made online or by calling 1-800-435-7669.

Re: Radio host: No doubt 'End Times' here

Not to go too far off-topic, but this just nudged my mind a little farther out.

This whole thing reaches into literally thousands of little pockets of the total fabric of the US. For instance the external fuel tanks (the really big one, just underneath) for the Space Shuttle launches, are made in NO. They are taken around to Fla by barge.

Comment

Working...
    X