Fiat Currency vs. Genesis 3:19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat Currency vs. Genesis 3:19

Of course, ANYTHING vs. ANY scripture, loses. The Word of God cannot be violated without deadly consequence. That's how it is and that's good.

Genesis 3:
    And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
    18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
    19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

I do not believe this was a "punishment" per se nor their being driven from the garden. It was rather, the consequence of sin; being separated from God. It was for mankind's sake (v.17). God knew that because of the sin nature that man now had, which would be passed on to the entire human race, the eventual size of which only God could know, that if he had his needs met without labor; apparently, much labor, he would in his idleness, destroy himself. But God had a plan of redemption in mind from the foundation of the world.

Genesis 3:
    And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Revelation 13:
    And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

When men began to create "money" out of nothing (not literal of course because only God can do that "out of nothing" thing) and acquire goods and services with it, he was violating God's decree. THIS, ultimately, is why "fiat money" can never last. Where God intended for man to actually do work to provide for himself in the now fallen world, man, in his never ending, and fruitless, pursuit of "being like God" (inherent in the sin nature due to that being part and parcel with the temptation - Gen.3:4-5) continues to try and circumvent that decree. When that happens, the sin nature ASSURES self destruction. That is seen throughout history as EVERY civilization that was or is, (or will be when the future turns into history) turns to the modern term of ******* mentality and ruins of it's greatness are visited by tourists from it's future. What is the cause of this? I'd like to quote a couple scripture passages that I think glaringly point to this.

Ezekiel 16:
    Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
    50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Deuteronomy 8:
    For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;
    8 A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;
    9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass.
    10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.
    11 Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:
    12 Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
    13 And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied;
    14 Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, ....

17 And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.
    18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

James 4:
    Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

The Deuteronomy 8:18 verse and the James 4:3 verse go together. The former is pointing out that when one has wealth, it is 1.) by God and from God and 2.) it is for God's purposes. The latter showing that we ask amiss when asking something of God if it is for our own purposes.

Anyway, all this is a newly developing thought in my puny human mind so it is likely not my finished thought. I post it here for two reasons; 1.) for input from you good (thank you Jesus) folks; including critique and 2.) (in keeping with Lewis' concept ) I think it has a lot to do with why things go the way they go in the days we're in and why end times prophecies are so dire.

Thanks in part, to JackieJ (post #18 here) for setting me to thinking on this matter in the wee hours of this morning.

Issachar, enjoying the blowing, drifting snow this day ...

p.s. I'll probably read this later and at least a couple times say, oops .. that's not clear ... or something.
    Last edited by Issachar; 06-30-2010, 11:20 AM. Reason: missed bolding Genesis 3:15
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Re: Fiat Currency vs. Genesis 3:19

OOPS .. from above post:
    Originally posted by Issachar
    ... the modern term of ******* mentality ...
    the asterisks replaced a word I had there: think popular, no good magazine.

Issachar
    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

I just thought of this thread when I read the Haaretz aricle that cnav posted here, and saw an ad there in a box: Economic Crisis! Who's To Blame? VOTE NOW! superimposed on photos of President Bush, President Obama and President Clinton. (I suspect that the order of the photos had some thought put into them)

Earlier this week, Mr. Bernanke was saying that the government MUST get spending under control and lower the deficit or we're headed for a disaster. (duh) He KNOWS that the government cannot spend one penny that the FED won't lend. The whole system is so corrupt from it's inception. It cannot be "repaired" because repairing implies that it was ok and is now broken. It was never ok. Where we are today is the natural outworking of a fiat system, not a result of it being "broken." Congress and the President like to talk about "financial reform" but it will never be anything more than talk ... perhaps a bit of rearranging of things ... but it won't be reformed. If it were going to be "repaired", it would actually have to be replaced. That isn't going to happen though until we all go to a one world currency. That system, beyond the obvious limited time of the GT, won't last either because at it's root will be the same violation of Genesis 3:19.

The fact is, an economic crisis is not the blame of any one man or even a group of them. Ads like the above mentioned one are designed by someone to deflect the public attention away from the real issues; those being the construct of the one world order. The public loves to be able to point a finger when considering it's woes. The president's faces in the ad ... or any others had they included them, provide a target for pointing fingers. Clicking on "vote now" on that sort of ad simply builds someone's data base where they track how on track they are in duping the masses.

Issachar; thinks it's funny that there is so much talk lately of "economic turnaound" and "economic recovery" when much, much more of what got us here is still going on; debt.
      Last edited by Issachar; 06-07-2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: bolded one point

Comment

How ironic ... I'm thinking on this matter (this thread) and a commercial just came on the radio ... of course when one turns on the radio, I think there is a 80% chance that a commercial will be on ... It was a "debt reduction" commercial. They had the obligatory testimonial: "We had $36,000 in credit card debt but we only had to pay $12,000" ... announcer: "You don't need to be buried under debt. Call 800- blah, blah, blah ... My thought: True, you don't need to be buried under debt. But I suspect what I was thinking was differnt than what they were talking about. This is yet another of so many examples of not working for what you have; another violation of Gen. 3:19.

Issachar

p.s. Not sure how I left this out .. but in the commercial, it said, "Don't lose everything you worked so hard to get." Well, if you're "losing" anything, it's because of debt in most cases meaning, what you have was purchased with credit, not "worked hard for."
        Last edited by Issachar; 01-23-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 01 Jan 2012 at 05:35:25 PM GMT is:

The estimated population of the United States is 311,960,017
          so each citizen's share of this debt is $48,522.22.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
          $3.94 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

source

... and the beat goes on:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The year couldn't end without a final word about the nation's debt ceiling.

President Obama plans to ask Congress this week to raise the debt limit by $1.2 trillion, an increase that should get the government through most of next year, a Treasury department official said Tuesday.

Fortunately, though, the increase should come without the fireworks that accompanied this summer's debt battle, as it comes in line with the deal struck back then.

That deal, signed into law in August, authorized a phased increase of the debt ceiling by up to $2.4 trillion, with $400 billion of that kicking in immediately and another $500 billion coming in September.
          source

There are only two options .. continually allow debt to grow until, as is intrinsic to all fiat systems, the currency value goes to zero .. or, voluntarily reduce spending. The latter requires sacrifice. It won't happen; not on a national scale as is needed.

As believers, our hope is in the Lord. Our rest is in Christ. Don't watch the waves that ripple through the economy and world politics; the waves that race through cultures ... but rather, watch our Lord.

Matthew 14:
          And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
          23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
          24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
          25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
          26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
          27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
          28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
          29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
          30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
          31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
          32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

Issachar

Comment

I just got called to work so I have to cut this post short .. but hopefully readers of this post will be able to take a few minutes to read the whole thing.

I

Today's worldwide paper-, or "fiat-," money regime is an economically and socially destructive scheme — with far-reaching and seriously harmful economic and societal consequences, effects that extend beyond what most people would imagine.

Fiat money is inflationary; it benefits a few at the expense of many others; it causes boom-and-bust cycles; it leads to overindebtedness; it corrupts society's morals; and it will ultimately end in a depression on a grand scale.

All these insights, however, which have been put forward by the scholars of the Austrian School of economics years ago, hardly play any role among the efforts of mainstream economists, central banks, politicians, or bureaucrats in identifying the root cause of the current financial and economic crisis and, against this backdrop, formulating proper remedies.

This should not come as a surprise, though. For the (intentional or unintentional) purpose of policy makers and their influential "experts" — who serve as opinion molders — is to keep the fiat-money regime going, whatever it takes.

II.

The fiat-money regime essentially rests on central banking — meaning that a government-sponsored central bank holds the money-production monopoly — and fractional-reserve banking, denoting banks issuing money created out of thin air, or ex nihilo.
            source

Issachar, hoping many will read this and thereby, better understand what's ahead, economically. Again, God's laws (economic) cannot be violated without consequence .. the longer the violation, the greater the consequence ...

Comment

This article (post #6) has a LOT to say about the "why" of today's silly markets.

Issachar

Comment

Good stuff, brother. I really liked that first post - tying in verses that have to do with the importance of working for our living. This DOES NOT include those that are disabled and cannot work or those that find themselves unemployed but are looking and wanting to work...but the first verse that popped into my head is one I (sadly) had to base my firm stance one time to ... someone in my family years ago.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Again, this refers to someone just unwilling to even try...able bodied but just couldn't care less...expects the world to hand their living to them.

(Had to put that disclaimer)

As I read this thread I really saw that principle applying to more than just 'eating'. If you're 'living beyond your means' (as the Fiat currency-based society must eventually do) then I see this verse applying along with the others you presented.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                  This DOES NOT include those that are disabled and cannot work or those that find themselves unemployed but are looking and wanting to work...
                  Right. There are two reasons that one can be poor. Can't work/doesn't have work/oppressed and doesn't want to work.

The Bible addresses both. The former? We're told as believers, to do what we can for them. The latter .. they shouldn't eat.

Former:
                  Psalms 82:
                  Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Latter:
                  Proverbs 21:
                  The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.

Of course, there are MANY verses similar.

Originally posted by Andy
                  As I read this thread I really saw that principle applying to more than just 'eating'. If you're 'living beyond your means' (as the Fiat currency-based society must eventually do) then I see this verse applying along with the others you presented.

What do you think?
                  The verse Andy is asking about:

2 Thessalonians 3:
                  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

I'm not totally sure of what you're asking, but yes, I believe that verse applies to the whole fiat system. God doesn't want fiat money. It is nowhere in scripture .. favorably. Fiat allows men to "just have it" when they desire something. But the Word says to labor for that something. Those that establish fiat currency as well as control it, will go as far as arresting; even killing if necessary, to stop anyone else from making their own "money." So they print ... and print .... and print ....., the whole time, devaluing the "money" that people actually work for. This won't change though. At least, not voluntarily. The sin nature cannot be satisfied. They'll print and get and print and get and print and get until the scheme collapses. History is filled with examples.

Proverbs 27:
                  Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.

The whole earth lies in darkness.

1 John 5:
                  And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
                  20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Issachar

Comment

Working...
                  X