Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancient mark of the beast

The Mark and Number are Ancient Hebrew Letters

Rather than interpreting the mark of the beast found in Revelation 13:18 as either Greek or Aramaic, consider the possibility that the mark was passed down from an even more remote time in the form of Proto-Sinaitic script, the original Hebrew alphabet. By interpreting these as ancient Hebrew letters we discover a complete message that gives a clear and unmistakable warning.

Each letter in the ancient Hebrew Proto-Sinaitic alphabet had a distinctive meaning; they not only gave a phonic sound to construct words, but also contained a conceptual meaning found in the symbol itself. Here is an example: the Proto-Sinaitic letter “A” was an Ox head giving the “ah” sound, but by it’s self it meant “Alef” their word for cattle.

Before we can decipher the meaning of the beast’s mark and number we must first get a clear picture of what the mark actually was. Let’s look at the oldest and most reliable copy of the text in question. Here is the text found in the Oxyrhynchus Papyrus, the oldest known copy of the Book of Revelation:

This part of the text has traditionally been interpreted as “666”, but in the original text we see it says “616” in Greek letters. In the Oxyrhynchus Papyrus the symbols are similar to our letters X, I, and C, and if interpreted as Greek letters they give an ambiguous number, leading to endless speculation.

The other early witness Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus has it written in full: hexakosiai deka hex (six hundred sixteen). The Oxyrhynchus Papyrus aligns with both the Codex Alexandrinus and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus which are generally regarded as providing the best testimony to Revelation. Therefore, if we want to know what the mark and number of the beast is, we need to find out what the symbols X, I, and C mean. To begin we must accept the fact that the mark is more than a vague number; there is far more information to be gleaned from these three symbols than a simple number. Even so, the number 666 will reemerge in a latter revelation.

In the ancient Hebrew these letters are Tav, Vav, and Lamed, written with the Proto-Sinaitic alphabet. This ancient form of Hebrew is the oldest written language, and the origin of all alphabetic languages used in the world today. Hebrew tradition says that this language was used before the tower of Babel, and was used all the way back to the time of Adam. The oldest Proto-Sinaitic Inscriptions found so far date to 1900 BC. Here is what the Proto-Sinaitic letters represent:

X – Tav: is a mark or sign, also written as a cross +

I – Vav: means to attach, like a peg or nail, or fixed into like a hook in a fish.

C – Lamed: means to direct, as in giving instructions, like the goad used to herd oxen. The verb form of Lamed means to prick or puncture as in using a sharp object to pierce the skin.

The question at this point is why would there be letters from the ancient Hebrew language embedded in a Greek text. The answer is at once shocking and quite logical; this was the mark known by the Ancients to be the mark of Cain, and the achronistic name of the beast Leviathan, Lamed-Vav-Tau “Lavithaw.” The following quotes found in the Bible and the ancient mystic book called the Zohar, provide the connection that associates the X and I symbols to the mark of Cain.

Gen 4:15 … " And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.”

(Remember X (Tav) means a mark or a sign in ancient Hebrew!)

(Remember I is the letter Vav in ancient Hebrew! It is also the #6, the number of man.)

(Remember the verb form of C “Lamed” means to puncture or pierce the skin! This was not part of the mark per say, but the action taken to apply the mark)

The following chart shows the ancient Proto-Sinaitic alphabet in column 2. Note the little circles at the top of the I and C.

The little circles at the top of the I and the C in the Oxyrhynchus Papyrus are deliberate.

The symbols decipher to mean: A mark, attached like a peg or hook, as a means to direct or control, applied by a piercing of the skin.
    posted on 5 doves by Oliver Thomas

tongue ring, anyone ??? Lewis
    Last edited by lewisb; 11-15-2009, 05:51 PM.

Re: ancient mark of the beast

You talk about "the following chart", did I miss it somewhere as I try to decipher this? Interesting but pretty meaningless to me at this point. I don't get it.

Comment

what is translated 666 in our Bibles is actually xic in ancient Hebrew which means:

(Remember X (Tav) means a mark or a sign in ancient Hebrew!)

(Remember I is the letter Vav in ancient Hebrew! It is also the #6, the number of man.)

(Remember the verb form of C “Lamed” means to puncture or pierce the skin! This was not part of the mark per say, but the action taken to apply the mark)

Comment

Please give url to the site in question.

I do not understand this at all.

Comment

Looks like a cut-n-paste job from 5 Doves and referencing Kabbalah.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
            Looks like a cut-n-paste job from 5 Doves and referencing Kabbalah.
            Obviously. Give us the URL you got this from Lewis.

WLNF

Comment

I'll just say Google is your friend. I got the hit on a certain quoted word.

Comment

WHAT??!?? Certainly Rule #6 for Posting is not being violated!!

WLNF

Comment

Now, WLNF, I dont think so..... The Hebrew letters have meanings individually as well as being numbers..... to say we only use the numerical meanings is imho not sufficient, as We now can see that the mark will be some type of computer chip implanted (and/or a bar code tattooed) which seems to make sence with the meanings of the Hebrew letters.

Different Jewish sects may give various meanings.... googling the subject gives
                  a multitude of opinions on this

btw, Genesis says Cains mark was a visable marking ??!! just like the ACs mark will be visable !!!
                  Gen 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
                  Last edited by lewisb; 11-16-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Personally I believe it's a typical 5 birds article and for the birds. The extent the individual goes to to "prove" his point is ridiculous. A quick google of the papyri mentioned yielded this which has the "chi iota sigma" he was using in his proof. Unfortunately for him, it also has another sample of the sigma and an iota farther down the fragment (which he conveniently omitted) which, I believe, clearly shows the ink flaked away or some such thing rather than being ancient hebrew letters embedded in the document.

It is also known that 616 is one of a few variants of the number of the beast and the above link also makes mention of the refutation of this number.

Comment

It also doesn't fit WHY the number is "666". Harmony of scripture is removed when it is turned into 616 (or anything else). Six is the number of man - it's one short of 7 which is the God's number representing completion. Three is the number of "perfect witness". In the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses shall every word be established. Two is sufficient witness, three is perfect witness. God is One God eternally existing in Three Persons - perfect witness to the One-ness of God.

Six-six-six is perfect witness to how this man falls short of God and God's number.

Comment

Working...
                      X