Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The health care bill has passed

Originally posted by gregstien View Post
    Usually when I'm talked to while sleeping, the dogs have done something. Here, I see it as the same thing.....
    Gregstien! I'm shocked! LOL!

Comment

Here: http://finance.yahoo.com/

The headline at 6PM EST has a link to know where, but the brief comment says that the House healthcare bill has nowhere to go in the Senate. "Triumph faded quickly." ???

Issachar
      The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post
        Here: http://finance.yahoo.com/

The headline at 6PM EST has a link to know where, but the brief comment says that the House healthcare bill has nowhere to go in the Senate. "Triumph faded quickly." ???

Issachar
        But do you KNOW where?

Comment

Where's where?

Comment

Originally posted by Catalina View Post
            Where's where?
            I've seen the sign to Nowhere, but I've never been there, therefore I KNOW not WHERE Nowhere is.

Comment

Senator says House bill is DOA in Senate

Senator Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said the health care bill passed last night by the House of Representatives is "dead on arrival to the Senate."
              Read full article here.

A long, long way to go here, folks.

Comment

Thank God for that!! Let's all pray it fails !! our prayers are honored by God..

Comment

They just showed some people on the news who thought this bill is the best thing ever. They looked similar to some folks I tutored in math at a local community college. They couldn't do basic, consumer math though they were high school graduates.

The bill allows fining small businesses 8% if they don't provide health insurance to employees. Let's suppose, just for example, a small business has 92 employees and sales gross 1.8 million per year and they earn 6% profit. Suppose insurance is $1200 per month per employee. 92 X 1200 = $110,400.00 X 12 = $1,324,800.00 per year. So do they close the doors and add the 92 employees to the unemployment rate or double the cost of their product/service and maybe the buying public will still be buying?

This tiny example and about 2000 other pages of ignorance are why it is good this thing may not see the light of day once it enters the Senate. Unfortunately though, if it does not pass the Senate, there will be another and another and another .... until one does pass.

Issachar
                  The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

They just showed some people on the news who thought this bill is the best thing ever. They looked similar to some folks I tutored in math at a local community college. They couldn't do basic, consumer math though they were high school graduates.

The bill allows fining small businesses 8% if they don't provide health insurance to employees. Let's suppose, just for example, a small business has 92 employees and sales gross 1.8 million per year and they earn 6% profit. Suppose insurance is $1200 per month per employee. 92 X 1200 = $110,400.00 X 12 = $1,324,800.00 per year. So do they close the doors and add the 92 employees to the unemployment rate or double the cost of their product/service and maybe the buying public will still be buying?

This tiny example and about 2000 other pages of ignorance are why it is good this thing may not see the light of day once it enters the Senate. Unfortunately though, if it does not pass the Senate, there will be another and another and another .... until one does pass.

Issachar
                    This could prove interesting for government contracts and the small business set aside (8A, etc). Typically the business gets the money for insurance from the contract.

Comment

Just had a thought! Who pays for insurance for missionaries?

Comment

Is that in the same location of no man's land? LOL

Comment

That would be know man's land Catalina.

Issachar, half serious about that ..

Comment

That would be know man's land Catalina.

Issachar, half serious about that ..
                            I think I'd rather know God and His land!

Comment

"Rather" for sure. But also, know thine enemy. Watch and pray. He is sly and deceptive to the n/th degree. He is the father of lies.

Issachar

Comment

"Rather" for sure. But also, know thine enemy. Watch and pray. He is sly and deceptive to the n/th degree. He is the father of lies.

Issachar
                                But when you KNOW the REAL, you don't have to study the false!

We also have issues: We have met the enemy and he is us! Paul talks about that struggle in Rom 7 for the believer and 1 Cor 2:14 addresses the unregenerate.

Comment

Working...
                                X