Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush visits injured soldiers

Originally posted by gregstien View Post
    John, I think if we turn around and stop the PC of muslims, and start profiling again, we might be safer. I'm just a paranoid Southerner, but I get uneasy when I see a person of middle eastern descent, with a camera, or just standing looking around while on the phone, etc.
    If we see more Chinese doing this, or Mexican, then I'd be different. But it appears to be one certain group IMHO.
    Gregstien, I pondered how to respond to this (or even if to respond). A year or two ago (while here in the US during the summer) I had as my "Location" in the "Land of Paranoia" for the very reason you just stated.

We (Christians) don't needed to start profiling or any other such nonsense. Are we in-dwelt by a spirit of fear? NO! But I believe many have given themselves over to one. We have been given a Spirt of POWER, LOVE, and SELF-CONTROL, and there is no safer place to be than in the center of God's will.

Many speak about how the constitution is being destroyed (or at least trampled upon) today and yet many of those same people promote what you just suggested. Hasan was investigated (profiled) by a number of agencies and yet no action was deemed necessary. Now, I believe Hasan was born here to emigrant parents, was he not? That makes him an American citizen does it not? Is he not protected by the same rights guaranteed to us by the constitution? Yes Hasan crossed the line in a very tragic way, but so have many others in the history of our nation.

What unregenerate person is not susceptible to the leading of the prince of this world? He has blinded them all even though many follow him willingly and knowingly.

What rights given by man belong to us? None. As born-again believers, we are dead to this world! Many of us have been blessed by God to be here in America as ambassadors at this time, but we are subject to be transferred at anytime (if we are whose we claim to be) and unless we are currently serving under a "Status of Forces Agreement" (SOFA) as active military often do, what rights or privileges are we guaranteed? To be hated and persecuted.

Enough.

Comment

Sorry if this is offensive, John, but I put into serious question any Muslim that wears the American military uniform. I know this may be "prejudice" but - the guy (Hasan) brings up a very good point when he makes the statement about the internal conflict he had about Muslims fighting Muslims. The "war on terror" is, after all, a war on those that are "extremists" of the Islamic religion. Would we recruit Christians into a military that is fighting a faction of Christians? If nothing else we need to be really digging deep into this issue. Think of what would happen if Osama (or any other high-ranking Commander of the Islamic Jihad cause) decided this was a really good way to bring down the military...have a few thousand Muslims that have the suicide-bomber mindset go enlist in the military branches..then when the time is right do what this guy did only on a nationwide (or worldwide) scale with plenty of coordination. All they'd have to do is find guys that don't have a history .. you know, a nice, "Clean" background. Apparently Hasan was not any concern - had a nice, clean background that seemed to be just fine with the CIA/FBI/Army brass. He'd just been promoted to Major in May.

At the very least we need to SOME-how find out where their real allegiance rests. Do they believe in the US and the cause we're fighting for? Can they really look another Muslim in the eye (or sights of their rifle) and pull the trigger?

Interesting you bring this up...good time to discuss this. I hadn't really thought about this till I started typing it.

Comment

Hasan was investigated (profiled) by a number of agencies and yet no action was deemed necessary.
        Not so sure this is as true as the fact that fear, motivated by political correctness, prevented any action.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          Sorry if this is offensive, John, but I put into serious question any Muslim that wears the American military uniform. I know this may be "prejudice" but - the guy (Hasan) brings up a very good point when he makes the statement about the internal conflict he had about Muslims fighting Muslims. The "war on terror" is, after all, a war on those that are "extremists" of the Islamic religion. Would we recruit Christians into a military that is fighting a faction of Christians? If nothing else we need to be really digging deep into this issue. Think of what would happen if Osama (or any other high-ranking Commander of the Islamic Jihad cause) decided this was a really good way to bring down the military...have a few thousand Muslims that have the suicide-bomber mindset go enlist in the military branches..then when the time is right do what this guy did only on a nationwide (or worldwide) scale with plenty of coordination. All they'd have to do is find guys that don't have a history .. you know, a nice, "Clean" background. Apparently Hasan was not any concern - had a nice, clean background that seemed to be just fine with the CIA/FBI/Army brass. He'd just been promoted to Major in May.

At the very least we need to SOME-how find out where their real allegiance rests. Do they believe in the US and the cause we're fighting for? Can they really look another Muslim in the eye (or sights of their rifle) and pull the trigger?

Interesting you bring this up...good time to discuss this. I hadn't really thought about this till I started typing it.
          Couple of things come to mind Andy:
          • What "cause" are "we" fighting for?
          • What does a "Muslim" look like?
          • Where does our allegiance lie?
          Now I'm not trying to guilt anyone nor have I gone anti-american, but I would like people to consider who they are: Americans, Americans who are Christian, Christian-Americans, or Christians? Consider what does a "Muslim" look like: Iraqi, Persian, Israeli, Chinese, Kenyan, your next door neighbor? What "cause" "we" are fighting for: the American dream, imperialism, "just war", Christ?

Comment

I agree with you Jeanie, I think it had a lot to do in preventing action.
            If any agency took action against this man, CAIR would be the first to cry foul, just because he's a muslim. Nevermind the rants this man had, that so many jihad supporters have. His beliefs were/are the same, aren't they?
            And because of this inaction, 14 people died.

So John what's the solution?
            I shouldn't be concerned when I see someone acting suspicious?
            I trust God daily, but at the same time, I'm aware of my surroundings.
            I might add the fact that we have a member of CAIR saying it's okay to attack Fort Bragg.

Comment

I agree with you Jeanie, I think it had a lot to do in preventing action.
              If any agency took action against this man, CAIR would be the first to cry foul, just because he's a muslim. Nevermind the rants this man had, that so many jihad supporters have. His beliefs were/are the same, aren't they?
              And because of this inaction, 14 people died.

So John what's the solution?
              I shouldn't be concerned when I see someone acting suspicious?
              I trust God daily, but at the same time, I'm aware of my surroundings.
              I might add the fact that we have a member of CAIR saying it's okay to attack Fort Bragg.
              How are these suspicious actions and not paranoia:
              ... when I see a person of middle eastern descent, with a camera, or just standing looking around while on the phone, etc.
              How do you know they are Muslim and not a Christian Palestinian?

Comment

How do you know they are Muslim and not a Christian Palestinian?
                I know this was not directed to me, but I have also had to think on this.

Many years ago Hezbollah had a cell here in our little community. They initially dressed western, spoke English (altho broken) and shopped at the store where my dd worked while in high school. These were immigrants by my definition.
                Over the course of years they began wearing their native dress..scarfs and other type of head coverings. They no longer just shopped for food, they purchased cigarettes, began speaking 'not English'.
                My view of them changed.

These were signs. Signs that arouse suspicion and well they should.
                This was a cell that was buying cigarettes and sending the dollars back to Hezbollah, as later proved by our gov't. They were tried and convicted.

Because of this, I had to question.

At what point did these immigrants become terrorists?
                When they first moved here?
                When they first began buying the cigarettes?
                When the cigarettes were sold for dollars?
                When the dollars bought the shells fired into Israel?
                When the shells were fired.

or when Israeli's died?

Comment

Well John I don't know.
                  That is my little cross to bear, and I will pay for it when I get to Heaven I'm sure.
                  I could rationalize things all day long if I wanted, but I don't.
                  When that day comes when I have time to do so, I will, and I'll probably learn a lot more than I know.
                  Until then I'll just have to be a paranoid, opinionated person.

Comment

Well John I don't know.
                    That is my little cross to bear, and I will pay for it when I get to Heaven I'm sure.
                    I could rationalize things all day long if I wanted, but I don't.
                    When that day comes when I have time to do so, I will, and I'll probably learn a lot more than I know.
                    Until then I'll just have to be a paranoid, opinionated person.
                    Be cautious Gregstien, not paranoid. Being aware of your surroundings is not paranoia. To be paranoid is to have given in to a spirit of fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie View Post
                      I know this was not directed to me, but I have also had to think on this.

Many years ago Hezbollah had a cell here in our little community. They initially dressed western, spoke English (altho broken) and shopped at the store where my dd worked while in high school. These were immigrants by my definition.
                      Over the course of years they began wearing their native dress..scarfs and other type of head coverings. They no longer just shopped for food, they purchased cigarettes, began speaking 'not English'.
                      My view of them changed.

These were signs. Signs that arouse suspicion and well they should.
                      This was a cell that was buying cigarettes and sending the dollars back to Hezbollah, as later proved by our gov't. They were tried and convicted.

Because of this, I had to question.

At what point did these immigrants become terrorists?
                      When they first moved here?
                      When they first began buying the cigarettes?
                      When the cigarettes were sold for dollars?
                      When the dollars bought the shells fired into Israel?
                      When the shells were fired.

or when Israeli's died?
                      Jeanie, I would submit that they became terrorists when you (and/or others around you/them) began to fear them.

Comment

There is evidence that Hassan was tied to a terrorist cell located in the Mideast. The US authorities have proof that this cell has attempted to murder at least one author for exposing them. They got their original funding from killing and robbing people. They have given countless support to many murders. They have at least tacitly supported Hezbollah, a known terrorist group, and have ties to them. Naturally, they promote killing Jews and Christians as well as all members who defect from the cell. It is not surprising that Hassan did such a thing. It was forseeable. I was known ahead of time to the military that Hassan was a part of this terrorist group and yet he was not stopped by the government.

Comment

They didn't want to offend him.....

Comment

Working...
                          X