• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail

Drudge is reporting this.....

Is this for real?

http://republicans.waysandmeans.hous...umentID=153583

Re: PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail

Was just getting ready to post it off Drudge. Here's part of the hyperlink text:

Failure to Comply, 5 Years in Prison...

Comment

ok, what about people that earn only $15000 a year? how are they susposed to pay their rent? feed their kids?

lots of people like that.........

Comment

Originally posted by lewishb View Post
        ok, what about people that earn only $15000 a year? how are they susposed to pay their rent? feed their kids?

lots of people like that.........
        People that low on the social latter don't deserve to live. They're nothing but a drain on the rest of society. Just ask Hitler or Stalin - they'll gladly educate you on how things are supposed to be.

Comment

Yeah I saw this too. $15K? Well sure if you are one of the many millionaires that she knows, this is nothing.
          If congress votes this in, I WILL vote each one of the reps out here next year, plain and simple. The attitude that these people have taken in the past few years is uncalled for.
          My suggestion to them is that they'd better build more jails.

Comment

Originally posted by gregstien View Post
            My suggestion to them is that they'd better build more jails.
            Or extermination camps, if they don't think the poor deserve to live they
            won't spend money housing them.

This bill is something you would expected to hear in the first half of the
            20th century from Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union. I have to wonder
            what is it going to take to wake the citizens of the USA up.

Comment

What does it mean to buy a $15,000 policy anyway? I don't even understand that......

Comment

I think you have to buy the policy, or face jail time.

Comment

I think you have to buy the policy, or face jail time.
                  Oh, I understand that part but does "Buy a $15,000 Policy" mean a health insurance plan that will cost us approx. $1250 a month? Because I know many people that don't even earn that much money a month.

Comment

Originally posted by abiding love
                    ... does "Buy a $15,000 Policy" mean a health insurance plan that will cost us approx. $1250 a month?
                    Yes.

Originally posted by from above link
                    ... a threat to every family who cannot afford the $15,000 premium her plan creates.
                    (emphasis mine)

I'm at ... on average ... 500-700 per month. Forget insurance for 15K per year. Do we get free medical in prison along with the food and a bed?

Issachar, believing that a veil is over the eyes and minds of the "world".
                    The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by abiding love
                      ... does "Buy a $15,000 Policy" mean a health insurance plan that will cost us approx. $1250 a month?

Yes.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by from above link
                      ... a threat to every family who cannot afford the $15,000 premium her plan creates.

(emphasis mine)

I'm at ... on average ... 500-700 per month. Forget insurance for 15K per year. Do we get free medical in prison along with the food and a bed?

Issachar, believing that a veil is over the eyes and minds of the "world".
                      Okay...thanks.....That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding this correctly because it MAKES NO SENSE! I agree with you Issachar there is a veil over people's eyes. This kind of thinking from these people that seem to be completely out of touch with reality, just boggles my mind.

Comment

OK you guys got my curiousity. lol

I could be very wrong but i think this is one of these things that has been worded to have a slant to sound a certain way. The clue is right at the beginning..
                        who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income)

Comment

It's so absurd that I had to read it a couple times too to see if that is what it was saying.

Concerning veils and the masses ...

I heard a quote recently by Voltaire ...
                          Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
                          Reminds me of 1930's Germany and others ...

Issachar
                          The church is on Earth to save souls from a lost world, not to save the world from lost souls.

Man learns about history, not from history. To learn from history requires wisdom. Cut off from God, he has none, so history repeats; no new thing under the sun.

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken - dylan

Psalms 122:8 For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Issachar View Post

Concerning veils and the masses ...

I heard a quote recently by Voltaire ...

Quote:
                            Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Reminds me of 1930's Germany and others ...

Issachar
                            What is totally amazing, it
                            is coming from all sectors of life. Every direction.

Comment

http://marchant.house.gov/apps/list/...hCareAct.shtml

Government Takeover of Health Care Act

Speaker Pelosi yesterday unveiled her 1,990 page health “reform” bill. I oppose this bill and any other bill that allows the government to take over your health care decisions. H.R. 3962 is very similar to H.R. 3200 (which was unveiled in July), which I also opposed. I simply do not believe in raising taxes on small businesses, forcing individuals to get government-run health insurance, or adding to our national debt. Furthermore, cutting $500 billion from Medicare to seniors is not want seniors deserve.

**Speaker Pelosi expects to pass this bill in one week**

H.R. 3962 in a nutshell

* Government-run insurance
                              * Massive cuts to Medicare will limit choices and benefits for seniors
                              * Job-killing employer mandate with up to 8% “pay or play” payroll tax on small businesses
                              * Choice-restricting individual mandate with up to 2.5% tax on adjusted gross income
                              * 5.4% surtax on individuals with over $500k in income (half of all these income filers are small businesses)
                              * 2.5% excise tax on medical devices and equipment which is passed on to consumers
                              * $2 billion tax on insurance policies
                              * Medicare Part B premiums increases by $25 billion
                              * Medicare Part D premiums increase by 20%
                              * Government bureaucrat “Health Benefits Advisory Committee”
                              * One size fits all comparative effectiveness research
                              * Budget-busting entitlement expansion places massive, unfunded mandate on states
                              * Restricts Health Savings Accounts (repeals tax break on medicine purchased with HSA)
                              * Restricts Medical Savings Accounts
                              * Restricts Flexible Spending Arrangements
                              * Restricts Health Reimbursement Arrangements
                              Government Takeover of Health Care Act

Speaker Pelosi yesterday unveiled her 1,990 page health “reform” bill. I oppose this bill and any other bill that allows the government to take over your health care decisions. H.R. 3962 is very similar to H.R. 3200 (which was unveiled in July), which I also opposed. I simply do not believe in raising taxes on small businesses, forcing individuals to get government-run health insurance, or adding to our national debt. Furthermore, cutting $500 billion from Medicare to seniors is not want seniors deserve.

**Speaker Pelosi expects to pass this bill in one week**

H.R. 3962 in a nutshell

* Government-run insurance
                              * Massive cuts to Medicare will limit choices and benefits for seniors
                              * Job-killing employer mandate with up to 8% “pay or play” payroll tax on small businesses
                              * Choice-restricting individual mandate with up to 2.5% tax on adjusted gross income
                              * 5.4% surtax on individuals with over $500k in income (half of all these income filers are small businesses)
                              * 2.5% excise tax on medical devices and equipment which is passed on to consumers
                              * $2 billion tax on insurance policies
                              * Medicare Part B premiums increases by $25 billion
                              * Medicare Part D premiums increase by 20%
                              * Government bureaucrat “Health Benefits Advisory Committee”
                              * One size fits all comparative effectiveness research
                              * Budget-busting entitlement expansion places massive, unfunded mandate on states
                              * Restricts Health Savings Accounts (repeals tax break on medicine purchased with HSA)
                              * Restricts Medical Savings Accounts
                              * Restricts Flexible Spending Arrangements
                              * Restricts Health Reimbursement Arrangements

Comment

Working...
                              X